Why I Hate the DDP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes that is one of the many. I am still trying to find the one where she said that she and her husband "have a name for those people who stay in values". That was a fun thread too. This one is more about how people on the dining plan who normally wouldn't be able to eat in the finer rest. are clogging up ressies for those who fly down three or four times a month.

I've stayed off this thread mainly, just observing. But I've got to say, I was a bit put off by the link. Why would you put people who use DDP into a catagory? I'd place them as people smart enough to get the same table service meal she gets for less money then she does. I mean, it's a plan offered by WDW. If you don't like it, stop going. I'm certain WDW will be OK. Guess what, I'm staying at a value too!:eek: But this will be my family's second trip to WDW in 10 months, I've also been to Vegas, and a cruise in the last year too. Oh, and I'm paying for my mother to come along too. But I'm just one of "those types" of people the DDP is letting in.

My post is not very nice, and I'm sure I'm going to get flamed.

BTW, this is in regards to Neverenough's other thread about DDP.

Just to point out that links to a thread that was closed for good reason. ;)

You might want to check out a thread entitled DDP Causing Some Issues 2-11-2007, 4:05 p.m by NEVERENOUGHDISNEY. It's quite interesting.

Thanks for the link - very enlightening. If you find the one about the values I'd be interested.

Funny all the "do-gooders":worship: are having a great bashing weekend. If you want my feeling on Values just ask no need for research because my feelings haven't changed.
TessMom...so you have to take care of your baby and not have to waste time on research I would be happy tp post the thread.

VERY interesting that this has gone from DDP to my own trial, perhaps I need to contact my attorney.......:confused3

Thanks for the link - very enlightening. If you find the one about the values I'd be interested.
Careful your "buddies" will see the amount of your posts and assume there is something wrong with you.... maybe even turn on you....Lots of scarlet letters being handed out this weekend. Would hate to see you fall out of grace.

Careful your "buddies" will see the amount of your posts and assume there is something wrong with you.... maybe even turn on you....Lots of scarlet letters being handed out this weekend. Would hate to see you fall out of grace.

Check it out - my posts count is high because I do something nice to make people feel good on their birthdays.:goodvibes

Funny all the "do-gooders":worship: are having a great bashing weekend. If you want my feeling on Values just ask no need for research because my feelings haven't changed.
TessMom...so you have to take care of your baby and not have to waste time on research I would be happy tp post the thread.

VERY interesting that this has gone from DDP to my own trial, perhaps I need to contact my attorney.......:confused3

Please share your feelings then!

Wow. :confused3

I wonder what Walt would think of the DDP?

Would he be glad that it gave an affordable means for dining and made a lot of families enjoy their time at WDW a good deal more or would be be mad that it made a very few people upset because they felt that they were inconvenienced and having to associate with common folk?

Heck, I bet Walt would like the plan.

Please share your feelings then!

I am sure you can guess I don't like them at all. I feel they have no Disney Magic...when a bunch of our school kids went on a sports weekend some of the kids stayed there and the coaches all complained that there was major smoking outside the rooms (some of the kids had asthma and it became a big problem), asking that the rooms be changed was not an option as per the front desk, people camping in front of their doors on folding chairs resulting in noise all hours of the night....things that just wouldn't happen at a duluxe resort. As far as the next round of bashing I am expecting....What if that is all someone can afford? Walt wouldn't be happy, isn't WDW for everyone? If I was in that position I would stay right outside the gates and have a resort like feeling with some comforts and quality.
I think people have been sucked in because it just has the name Disney attached to it when for that price point there are many more "magical" places without the name Disney that don't have the appearance of public housing, cramped buses & food court insanity.:furious: :furious: :furious:

Your attorney will explain to you (for a fee) why you caused your own problems by posting what you have...

:lmao:

At least we're telling you for free!

I am sure you can guess I don't like them at all. I feel they have no Disney Magic...when a bunch of our school kids went on a sports weekend some of the kids stayed there and the coaches all complained that there was major smoking outside the rooms (some of the kids had asthma and it became a big problem), asking that the rooms be changed was not an option as per the front desk, people camping in front of their doors on folding chairs resulting in noise all hours of the night....things that just wouldn't happen at a duluxe resort. As far as the next round of bashing I am expecting....What if that is all someone can afford? Walt wouldn't be happy, isn't WDW for everyone? If I was in that position I would stay right outside the gates and have a resort like feeling with some comforts and quality.
I think people have been sucked in because it just has the name Disney attached to it when for that price point there are many more "magical" places without the name Disney that don't have the appearance of public housing, cramped buses & food court insanity.:furious: :furious: :furious:

I guess in my opinion, there are two different types of vacations. Experiences/Relaxing. I personally don't see going to WDW as a relaxing resort type vacation. I also don't see ANY of the restaurants at WDW as fine dining, maybe with the exception of V&A. I think there are NICE restaurants, but nothing that will go down as a top 50 in my life time. I can think of about a hundred other resorts to go to for a "relaxing vacation". I think of WDW as the "happiest place on earth". I remember the feeling I had the night before I went to DL growing up in California, and the time I went to WDW with my great grandfather in 1980. These memories have nothing to do with where we stayed. By the way, we never stayed anywhere... we lived within an hours drive of DL, and DGG lived in Orlando. I hope to instill in my son to take it easy, not judge, and have fun. We stay in values because we are at the parks all day, and my son just gets a kick out of seeing a HUGE Cell Phone. I don't see the point of spending more. Sit at a pool, covered with love bugs in September. No thanks.
I'll also instill in him to aspire for more, while experiencing everything. I hope when he's young he backpacks through Europe with a couple of hundred dollars to his name, much like his mom did... and when he's older truly relax on the beaches of the Amalfi Coast of Italy. I hope he knows the difference between people who have truly lived, and people who fake it.
Seriously if you dislike the DDP/Value people so much, why go. You've got 45 visits under your belt. Go elsewhere. The country's real big. Guess what, there are even people who brown bag it in the parks. They can't even afford the DDP. Shocking, I know. THEY EAT CEREAL BEFORE THEY GO TO THE PARKS!!! Really, I can see why this is so upseting to you. Take care.

I need to ask, if WDW such a horror, why do you continue to travel there?

There are many resorts that cater to people who want every need met.

Heck, we have one right here in Houston called The Houstonian. Extremely nice place, cost a fortune to even walk in the place, people jump every time you ask for something. One serving of eggs and bacon for breakfast will set you back more then one day of DDP. Sounds right up your alley.

Leave WDW to those who enjoy DDP and lowland food and such.

Win win for all.

Cmon. Comparing the value resorts to "public housing" and "the insanity of the food courts"....

You often seem to make the comparison to anything "value" at Disney as relating to welfare which you must understand is insulting to quite a few people. Thus the "appearance of public housing" comment. The "insanity of the food courts" at the values must suggest that children and/or parents are running around like wild animals because they do not know any better. Maybe I interpret too much in the last, but you sure make it seem that way.

You obviously have some other issues going on that have nothing to do with WDW.

I guess in my opinion, there are two different types of vacations. Experiences/Relaxing. I personally don't see going to WDW as a relaxing resort type vacation. I also don't see ANY of the restaurants at WDW as fine dining, maybe with the exception of V&A. I think there are NICE restaurants, but nothing that will go down as a top 50 in my life time. I can think of about a hundred other resorts to go to for a "relaxing vacation". I think of WDW as the "happiest place on earth". I remember the feeling I had the night before I went to DL growing up in California, and the time I went to WDW with my great grandfather in 1980. These memories have nothing to do with where we stayed. By the way, we never stayed anywhere... we lived within an hours drive of DL, and DGG lived in Orlando. I hope to instill in my son to take it easy, not judge, and have fun. We stay in values because we are at the parks all day, and my son just gets a kick out of seeing a HUGE Cell Phone. I don't see the point of spending more. Sit at a pool, covered with love bugs in September. No thanks.
I'll also instill in him to aspire for more, while experiencing everything. I hope when he's young he backpacks through Europe with a couple of hundred dollars to his name, much like his mom did... and when he's older truly relax on the beaches of the Amalfi Coast of Italy. I hope he knows the difference between people who have truly lived, and people who fake it.
Seriously if you dislike the DDP/Value people so much, why go. You've got 45 visits under your belt. Go elsewhere. The country's real big. Guess what, there are even people who brown bag it in the parks. They can't even afford the DDP. Shocking, I know. THEY EAT CEREAL BEFORE THEY GO TO THE PARKS!!! Really, I can see why this is so upseting to you. Take care.
My initial response to you is lighten up!
We go because we have a family that loves Disney. We are at the point that we do spend some nice days just at the resort pools & spas hence staying at a deluxe.
By the way some of us eat cereal (or yogurt, fruit) in the a.m. by choice....you seem to have a bit of reverse discrimination IMHO. Going to Disney is a tradition for us.....it will remain that way w/ or without the DDP being offered.
As far as living our kids/family do that......when disease has had a devastating impact on your family as it has on ours you live every moment.
Yesterday while planting in our garden flowers to attract butterflies & hummingbirds I don't think you could have made an offer to anyone in the family to be somewhere else......Thay have seen the world, helped the world and some of our best times are planting in our garden.
Take Care......

Cmon. Comparing the value resorts to "public housing" and "the insanity of the food courts"....

You often seem to make the comparison to anything "value" at Disney as relating to welfare which you must understand is insulting to quite a few people. Thus the "appearance of public housing" comment. The "insanity of the food courts" at the values must suggest that children and/or parents are running around like wild animals because they do not know any better. Maybe I interpret too much in the last, but you sure make it seem that way.

You obviously have some other issues going on that have nothing to do with WDW.

Well we all know the rich, and well behaved people stay at the cheapest resorts, and the wellfare moms with their babies daddy stay at the contemporary for its beautiful design.

Yes, perfectly behaved people can stay at Pop Century or so, but poor people without manors really don't have an option of staying at the nicer resorts. If you don't believe me, simply look at our average walamrt. Its cheap, thus it gets the trashiest people around as their customers.

Well we all know the rich, and well behaved people stay at the cheapest resorts, and the wellfare moms with their babies daddy stay at the contemporary for its beautiful design.

Yes, perfectly behaved people can stay at Pop Century or so, but poor people without manors really don't have an option of staying at the nicer resorts. If you don't believe me, simply look at our average walamrt. Its cheap, thus it gets the trashiest people around as their customers.

See, this is exactly what I mean....you are lumping income with behavior and manners. Believe it or not, there is a huge middle-class in our country that may swing either way. Some of those people may choose to save up and stretch their budget to stay at a deluxe or moderate resort and some of those people may choose to make the most of their vacation budget and choose to stay at a value resort with DDP. Just like there is a huge portion of the middle-class who can either choose to shop at the more expensive department stores or be a little more budget conscience and shop at Walmart.

In addition, anyone who implies that someone with a lower income is automatically "trashy" or have "no manners", obviously already has a slanted view of the subject.

My dad and I go once a year and we could stay anywhere. Deluxe, Mod, or Value, and we chose value because of how little time we spend in the room. I love the theming at the values, it says classic Disney to me. I eat a TS almost every night. I've never had a problem with a sports team at the resort. I've only had one problem and that was with a senior trip.
Like others have said, if this bothers you, you've been 45 times, go see some more of the country, or if you want a Disney vacation what about Disneyland or other Disney out of country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter