Who's up waiting to call Disney? lol

After waiting a little more than an hour my CM wasn't a happy camper either. But I tried to be extra nice - which isn't easy after waiting so long. She told me I couldn't change my standard room only reservation to a package - Is this true?!?! Any way I was able to book a preferred room at Pop and get the free dining. After stewing about it for a while I thought there are other value resorts with standard rooms you nimrod. So I called back - waited another 45 minutes. This CM was in a much better mood but not the sharpest crayon in the box. After providing all of the information and explaining what I wanted he told me he was able to add the free dining to my reservation. I explained to him, again, that the free dining should have already been there and all I wanted was to check the availability of a standard room at any value resort. He said, "Oh, there's none left." Does anyone think that standard rooms might become available in a few weeks after things settle down? And is it true that you can't change a room only reservation to a package?:flower3:

After waiting a little more than an hour my CM wasn't a happy camper either. But I tried to be extra nice - which isn't easy after waiting so long. She told me I couldn't change my standard room only reservation to a package - Is this true?!?! Any way I was able to book a preferred room at Pop and get the free dining. After stewing about it for a while I thought there are other value resorts with standard rooms you nimrod. So I called back - waited another 45 minutes. This CM was in a much better mood but not the sharpest crayon in the box. After providing all of the information and explaining what I wanted he told me he was able to add the free dining to my reservation. I explained to him, again, that the free dining should have already been there and all I wanted was to check the availability of a standard room at any value resort. He said, "Oh, there's none left." Does anyone think that standard rooms might become available in a few weeks after things settle down? And is it true that you can't change a room only reservation to a package?:flower3:

The latter part is true... you can't change a room only to a package because they go through 2 different avenues.

As for regular value rooms becoming available... I'm sure they will but whether you get it might just be a test of your perserverance :) I would book that for now and then you can just transfer upon inquiry of a regular room.

I didnt have a computer at home, so I had NO clue about the code. When I called I just asked for the free dining and he said "No problem!" Is anyone getting hassled about NOT having the code?

I didnt have a computer at home, so I had NO clue about the code. When I called I just asked for the free dining and he said "No problem!" Is anyone getting hassled about NOT having the code?

I asked my CM, "Do you need the code?" and she said, "No, I have it memorized" and I laughed and told her "I bet!" but I know some people have testy CMs that have been giving them grief :mad:

OMG - I feel everyone's pain! I don't know what happened to my brain this morning - I am a substitute teacher and I got a call at 6am to work today. I guess getting woken out of a deep sleep messed with my circuits - I TOTALLY forgot to call at 7am. I finally remembered around 8:30 am. I went through getting cut off twice. On hold for at least 30 minutes each time. Called (and on hold) during the system being down - BUT :woohoo: I finally just got through - the system is back up and I am in! I had a previous ressie at POP for 8/31 - 9/9, had to change to POFQ, but can afford the upgrade because of free dining! Yeah!!!!!

Ok....what is going on here? I am a not a total newbie but is this what they offer during hurricane season to get people to go down? Is free dining only this time of year? We are planning on going maybe next year so I want to get the best deal. Free dining would rock. We would be staying at SOG so does that mean we would not qualify? It might be worth it to switch if that is the case. We can eat..lol. Do I have some questions:

1. Can you book your ADR's in advance (without currently having free dining) and then tell them you are on the free dining plan and then not pay when you get there?

2. Do you have to purchase a package which includes park hopper passes?

3. What is this All star PREFERRED thing I am seeing?

4. Is there a value room that will hold 3 adults and 3 children? A suite perhaps?

5. 7 nights only to get free dining? What is free dining actually?

Thanks,
Jenn :cool1:

Ok....what is going on here? I am a not a total newbie but is this what they offer during hurricane season to get people to go down? Is free dining only this time of year? We are planning on going maybe next year so I want to get the best deal. Free dining would rock. We would be staying at SOG so does that mean we would not qualify? It might be worth it to switch if that is the case. We can eat..lol. Do I have some questions:

1. Can you book your ADR's in advance (without currently having free dining) and then tell them you are on the free dining plan and then not pay when you get there?

2. Do you have to purchase a package which includes park hopper passes?

3. What is this All star PREFERRED thing I am seeing?

4. Is there a value room that will hold 3 adults and 3 children? A suite perhaps?

5. 7 nights only to get free dining? What is free dining actually?

Thanks,
Jenn :cool1:

Here is the thread on all the info you need.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1305783

Would you believe I just got the free dining?! Same resort, same time, and eating free! Now I feel like all that time I spent on hold this morning was vindicated! I only waited about 15 minutes this time, and the CM was very nice.

Woohoo! Doing the happy dance! Now I have to read up on the Dining Plan...LOL. I did the math and knew it was a good deal for us, but I haven't looked into the specifics yet. Happy day, Happy day!

Oops... (2nd time changing this post)...
I originally posted that I had booked online that first morning, and it only took me about 5 minutes for the whole thing. Then I removed that post because I felt bad for all the people who waited on hold for sometimes over an hour to do the same thing. I didn't want to rub salt in the wounds, after the fact.
However, I am still reading that some people are calling and having long wait times on hold. I just wanted to reiterate to anyone who reads this thread, that you CAN book online and it's much quicker. I prefer booking it online anyway, as I really get to look over my options and see it all in print before I finalize it. I tend to get a little flustered on the phone and find that I forgot to tell/ask something until I after I hung up. Anyway, good luck to those still trying to book!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter