Who would you hire.

Who would you pick.

• other.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here's an idea. Not sure if there's room for two new-hires at your company but perhaps hire the one with more experience for the managerial position and perhaps create a position for the other one. If he turns out to be a hot-shot, he could be mentored by the more experienced person and groomed to take over when retirement comes.
ditto

:rotfl2: I just took the test, and it looks like I disagree with everyone.

Nader:8
Gravel: 7
Obama: 7
Ron Paul: 5
McCain: 3
Barr: 1

No wonder I think they all suck.

ooo.. thanks for the link :)

Barack Obama - 18.0
Ralph Nader - 14.0
Mike Gravel - 12.0
John McCain - 4.0
Ron Paul - 4.0
Bob Barr - 0.0

Now I learned that there's a candidate even less likely to get my vote that McCain :)

I'm about to take the quiz, but based on your results (Obviously Bob Barr being the furthest right, and working your way left as you get higher), it seems that Barack Obama is even further left than Ralph Nader.

That's scary!!!

ETA:

Here are my results. A little surprising. I wonder what they would've been during the primaries...

McCain 24.0
Paul 20.0
Barr 13.0
Gravel 6.0
Obama 6.0
Nader 0.0

Actually, neither side represents what I feel are the most important issues of the day. I don't agree with Obama or McCain on much of anything. I just took this little quiz (though I don't put much stock in it):
http://americanpublicmedia.publicradio.org/engage08/selectacandidate/

I came up with:
McCain - 9.0
Obama - 16.0

Hardly making either a good candidate for my ideals.

If you like Bush's presidency, you should love McCain's. If you want change, Obama is the best bet. I think President Bush has completely disgraced this entire country and I'll be frankly honest, I can't wait till he's gone. I hope Obama takes his place at the helm because I want more than the status quo.

Now, if you can figure out a way to get Powell on that ticket, I could be persuaded. I won't hold my breath though. I do believe he's at least verbally stated he supports Obama. He's a good man and he ran from this administration. The man couldn't even pick up the phone and call Bush. As secretary of state, Powell had to make an appointment to see the President. Utterly ridiculous. They used him when they needed him though. They know how the country feels about him and how he's viewed in other parts. So, they set him up to give speeches and when Powell mandated that everything he say in a speech be accurate, they pull a fast one and change his speech when there is no time left for Powell to verify the information.

HE is a man of honor, IMO, AND he has the experience you maintain is the ultimate measure of ability.

The whole idea that McCain is another term for Bush is just not going to fly with anyone who has any education on the candidates. McCAin and Bush differ vastly on many issues.

And as for Colin Powel, I do believe he would make a great leader. He would be a great president. However, As you have stated that you believe he was told what and what not to do and say, then how come he was the one who pleaded his case to the UN about Hussien having WMDs? If he did not agree with it, and did not think it to be true, I would hope he had enough principles to stand up and blow the whistle on it, or even resign before hand. Unless of course, he saw that their was evidence that Iraq did have WMD, just as the majority of congress did as well before their was a majority to approve the use of force.

I took the test

18 McCain
5 BO

Is it me, or does Bob Barr in that picture look like Jeramiaha Wright? :rotfl:

I picked the younger person because as a younger person I get soooooooooo tired of everyone wanting experience but no one giving you a shot so that you can actually gain some experience. How can we have experience if no one ever gives us a chancce? We have to start somewhere. Take a chance on us! :thumbsup2

I took the quiz too.

Obama - 13
Nader - 10
Gravel - 7
McCain - 1

I'm about to take the quiz, but based on your results (Obviously Bob Barr being the furthest right, and working your way left as you get higher), it seems that Barack Obama is even further left than Ralph Nader.

That's scary!!!

:confused: :confused3

All the information those test scores give are how much one agreed with each of the candidates. If Obama has a higher # than Nadar, then all that means is that the poster agreed with Obama more than Nadar. It has nothing to do with the rightness/leftness of the candidates.

Just look at the above posters scores where Obama, Gravel, and Nadar keep flipping--sometimes Obama is 1st, sometimes Gravel, sometimes Nadar.

In my case, for instance, I got:

Nader--26
Obama--22
Gravel--20
McCain--7
Ron Paul--7

That doesn't mean McCain and Ron Paul are equally liberal/conservative. It just means that I agreed with each of those candidates on only three (different) issues.

This totally went over my head. :rotfl:
But then I read through a few posts and well I have to say that I would have hired the younger person.

Experience is important but since it is a "family business" other factors go into that as well. Getting along with others would be very important. Also if this person has said to you in the interview they are going to retire soon, that should also be taken in consideration as well.

Are they going to really "work" and get the job done or are they going to pass it along to others because well they paid their dues and just want a paycheck?

The younger candidate is probably hungry and has alot to prove so he/she is going to do everything that they can to do their best.

Who is going to work harder and have a bigger interest in helping the overall company or just work for themselves.

Now this has been tongue in cheek, because now I realize what this is about, but I still think it rings true.

Who is going to work harder? Who has more to prove?

Think about it and Discuss :flower3:

If in the OP it had said #1 is 71 years old, which is way past retirement age, instead of may be close to retiring, when anyone of picked #1? How many years do you think that person is going to work for you? Would it increase the whole company's health care cost?

Had the OP said #2 does not have a long resume, instead of implying that there was something wrong with his resume, would more people have voted for #2?

Why try to trick people? Is that the only way to get people to vote for McCain by implying he's something he's not? A wolf in sheeps clothing is still a wolf. When we vote the names will be on the ballot, not some distorted discriptions of the candidates.

Even with the adition of the political poll I still didn't get it! I didn't read the whole thread though, I just read the question posed in the first post.

Now I'm DOUBLY glad I voted for option #2!!!

If he's been a job hopper, I wouldn't hire him.

I think Job hopping should be taken with a grain of salt. depending on what field you're in this may not be an issue. My DH has a LOT of jobs on his resume. They are all in the same field but there are a lot of them. Sometimes he ends up in a position where the tecnology is really outdated so he has to find something that keeps him more up to snuff. Sometimes he ends up in one that goes from being 40 hours a week to 90+ and on call all the time so he has to move on. Lots of reasons for leaving. it hink it's important for the business to find out why they have changed jobs before dismissing them.

Although I guess none of this is important since the whole thread was a trick into a political debate.

If in the OP it had said #1 is 71 years old, which is way past retirement age, instead of may be close to retiring, when anyone of picked #1? How many years do you think that person is going to work for you? Would it increase the whole company's health care cost?

Had the OP said #2 does not have a long resume, instead of implying that there was something wrong with his resume, would more people have voted for #2?

Why try to trick people? Is that the only way to get people to vote for McCain by implying he's something he's not? A wolf in sheeps clothing is still a wolf. When we vote the names will be on the ballot, not some distorted discriptions of the candidates.

Last time I had checked, John McCain was not retired. You are not retired until you have actually retired, Hence, he is close to retiring.

The whole idea that McCain is another term for Bush is just not going to fly with anyone who has any education on the candidates. McCAin and Bush differ vastly on many issues.

And as for Colin Powel, I do believe he would make a great leader. He would be a great president. However, As you have stated that you believe he was told what and what not to do and say, then how come he was the one who pleaded his case to the UN about Hussien having WMDs? If he did not agree with it, and did not think it to be true, I would hope he had enough principles to stand up and blow the whistle on it, or even resign before hand. Unless of course, he saw that their was evidence that Iraq did have WMD, just as the majority of congress did as well before their was a majority to approve the use of force.

You might want to research it a bit because that is PRECISELY the speech I was referring to in my post above. This administration pulled a fast one on Powell and he was NOT very happy about it.

He also said, if he were in charge, he wouldn't shut down Guantanamo Bay tomorrow, he would do it THIS afternoon. He went on to cite that this administration is likely to cause harm to our soldiers tomorrow. He said, if we can't uphold the Geneva Convention; and running to Guantanamo Bay to bypass that commitment is doing just that, what in the world is going to make other countries uphold it where our soldiers are concerned tomorrow? Of course some won't see the issue the way Powell does (especially this administration), but I'm firmly in Powell's corner on this. You can cite that we're not at war with a country per say, but rather terrorism in general (though I'm not sold on the White House version of 9/11 either AFTER HOURS and HOURS of research), but if you think other countries will care that they were terrorists rather than soldiers, I've got oceanfront property to sell you in Kentucky.

As for McCain and Bush being different on many issues. That may well be true, but they're not different on the ones that truly matter the most.

Last time I had checked, John McCain was not retired. You are not retired until you have actually retired, Hence, he is close to retiring.

Come on, if you had really been talking about hiring someone for your business than saying close to retirement would mean he has not hit retirement age. Most businesses would not hire someone in their seventies for a management position. I was talking about your OP, you know the one were you didn't say it was John McCain but some person who had applied for a job. Oh what tangled webs we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

Come on, if you had really been talking about hiring someone for your business than saying close to retirement would mean he has not hit retirement age. Most businesses would not hire someone in their seventies for a management position. I was talking about your OP, you know the one were you didn't say it was John McCain but some person who had applied for a job. Oh what tangled webs we weave, when first we practice to deceive.[/QUOTE]

If you would have read the entire thread you would have seen that I did say I was refering to McCain.

You might want to research it a bit because that is PRECISELY the speech I was referring to in my post above. This administration pulled a fast one on Powell and he was NOT very happy about it.

He also said, if he were in charge, he wouldn't shut down Guantanamo Bay tomorrow, he would do it THIS afternoon. He went on to cite that this administration is likely to cause harm to our soldiers tomorrow. He said, if we can't uphold the Geneva Convention; and running to Guantanamo Bay to bypass that commitment is doing just that, what in the world is going to make other countries uphold it where our soldiers are concerned tomorrow? Of course some won't see the issue the way Powell does (especially this administration), but I'm firmly in Powell's corner on this. You can cite that we're not at war with a country per say, but rather terrorism in general (though I'm not sold on the White House version of 9/11 either AFTER HOURS and HOURS of research), but if you think other countries will care that they were terrorists rather than soldiers, I've got oceanfront property to sell you in Kentucky.

As for McCain and Bush being different on many issues. That may well be true, but they're not different on the ones that truly matter the most.

Don't all the issues matter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter