• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who will join us Late December - January, Trip Reports

In looking at the 2017 rates, I altered my arrival date to come in one day sooner on Monday January 2. Of course, the system does NOT simply let me "change" the arrival date. It attempts to do a complete cancel/new reservation behind the scenes and said there was "no availability" for Jan2-Jan10 even though I already held a Jan3-Jan10 reservation and on-line there was available a Jan2-Jan3 (one night) Preferred site. I did not have a "Modify This Reservation" link in MDE for my first ressie so had to call.

So it is technically a second reservation of one night but it is supposedly linked so I will only have to check in once. That also means a second set of Magic Bands to cancel. Blah blah blah. But at least there will be a couple bowl games to watch at the Fort (Outback, Cotton, Rose, and Sugar) on that Monday.

rajak73, guess I'll be bringing my tv on this trip. :happytv:

Bama Ed

Last edited:
We're planning our vaca in reverse depending on financial supply.....and how much dear old Uncle Sam wants . We will be in the Fort Feb 21-March 8, requested 500 loop. Have our golf cart reserved with Tee Time , and AP's purchased.
If we can we'll be staying at either Sherwood or Tropical Palms prior to that for 30 days at the most. If things go as desired we'll leave Pendleton, Or the second week of Jan and take our time going west and then south as far as we can skirting nasty weather

<Bump>

Getting ready to purchase tickets this month and make FP+ early next month. To recap, we come in on Monday Jan2 and leave Tuesday Jan10 with me, DW, DD, and one of the DS. Our only committed days are Wednesday Jan4 (MK) and Sunday Jan8 (Full). Otherwise we are relatively unscheduled.

Bama Ed

We originally had a tent pop up, but was able to switch to a full hook up, but for one less day. A few days later that missing day became available and I was able to add to my existing reservation. We will be there 12/26 - 12/31, hopefully the 1700 or 1800 loop.

<Bump>

Getting ready to purchase tickets this month and make FP+ early next month. To recap, we come in on Monday Jan2 and leave Tuesday Jan10 with me, DW, DD, and one of the DS. Our only committed days are Wednesday Jan4 (MK) and Sunday Jan8 (Full). Otherwise we are relatively unscheduled.

Bama Ed
Bama Ed really lloking forward to meeting you. Find your advice to be spot on and you sound like a very interesting character. We have plans to do brunch at Chef Mickeys on the 4th but we should be free most evenings thanks to Sky and Katie

We originally had a tent pop up, but was able to switch to a full hook up, but for one less day. A few days later that missing day became available and I was able to add to my existing reservation. We will be there 12/26 - 12/31, hopefully the 1700 or 1800 loop.
Okay we have MK on 26 DHS for 27 and AK on 28 with little more than resort hopping and a trip to Disney Springs for 29 and 30 Like I just told Bama Ed we plan on being in the Fort most evenings and our TA is looking to put us in 1800 because of our Older Girl and the 2 savages

We arrive on December 23rd and Check out on Jan 2nd at a premium site with a Class A MH.

Itinerary:
Dec 23ed: Check-in
Dec 24th: MK
Dec 25th: RV
Dec 26th: DD
Dec 27th: AK
Dec 28th: HS
Dec 29th: RV
Dec 30th: MK
Dec 31st: RV
Jan 01st: EP
Jan 02nd: Check-out

Look for us when checking in we too arrive on 23 Dec We expect to arrive most likely between 11 and noon We have a 37 foot Holiday Rambler Ambassador ( Gold Brown and Black) after getting in our site ( Most likely 1800 loop) We'll take care of the kids run up to DS to pick up our APs and TIW cards then over to pick up cart from Kenny Have an ADR for Trails End at like 630pm

I have two carts reserved as well from Kenny. Well probably get there around 10 - 11 as well. Have a 36 foot Gulfstream Sunvoyager (White & Gray). We have reserved a pet loop, and are typically in Loop 800. Only thing we are doing is check-in, setup, cart pickup, and relax on Dec. 23rd. :D

I will hit the T minus 60 day mark late next week! :dancer:

That means I can do the early check-in thing and schedule the FP+ for our 1 day in a park.

One day, yeah, absolutely. I ain't gonna pay all that dough for AK and DHS which are half-day parks and EPCOT is STILL showing Ellen's Energy Adventure 20 years after it started! (Captain Eo is finally gone though). And how long has Impressions de France been running? Hmmm?

MK still has an allure but what's this? They screwed with the lunch menu at Liberty Tree Tavern and took the Pot Roast meal off and messed with the rest? And replaced it with an AYCTE lunch for $33, 2 pastas, a burger, and a salad on lunch a la carte? LTT is off my list now. But some tourist will be desperate and hungry enough to fall for it now.

With only 1 park day, I have a plan to fill our other days with activities. Always looking for something new to do.

Tick tock. :hourglass

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Yippee Bama Ed!!! I am excited for you

Ours is approaching so fast now ! I'm starting to get so nervous like a kid at Christmas. We winterized our RV and it goes into storage until we bring it back to pack her up and head to FW.

Our plans for week after New Years are very open and flexible so you ley us know when you are available and we'll make it work

I have my 60-day mark for check-in coming up in two days so folks probably already have ADRs sorta figured out. Once they do any FP+ here in the next few days, folks will have a good idea of their daily commitments and we can firm up a couple dates to work with.

As I've said, Wednesday January 4th we will be in MK. The other days that week (Jan 2-3, 5-7) we are flexible.

Bama Ed

Let's approach this another way.

I'll throw a stake in the ground and offer up Thursday or Friday morning Jan 5 or 6 say between 9am to 11am for the purposes of scheduling. How does that work for those who will be there then?

Bama ED

PS - Backup is Monday January 9 from 9am to 11am.

Had to get extra day cause DD said she is coming and bringing my two GDs, so I will be going to MK with my two little princesses ages 5 & 9!!! Will get all my race stuff at ESPN on Wed Jan 4 so I will be at Fort when DD and GDs arrive on Thursday Jan 5. I could possibly come by on 5th but the 10k is on 6th and afterwards its off to MK with princesses.

December will be here before we know it. Just got back from a 4 day weekend birthday trip to the Fort, great weather and a great day at Epcot. Did Food and Wine and the Behind the Seeds tour which was very neat. One more camping trip to GA for Thanksgiving then the long wait till 12/26 when we check in at the Fort. Will not be doing any parks, just enjoying the Fort, DS and maybe some miniature Golf. Requested loop 1700 which has become our loop of choice.

I took a look at the www.touringplans.com crowd calendar for the first week of January (which is free to view at this point in time). I am coming in to run on Sunday but we are doing the MK on Wednesday and over on the Theme Parks Board it's been said that many schools are out that ENTIRE first week of January which means the crowds from the holidays will carry over through then. It looks like it will be really crowded.

We will be in the MK on the Wednesday January 4 day.

For the record the "bolded" number (in order) is the overall WDW resort crowd level (9), next the MK will be a 10 (hope they move the EMH out past 10pm-the kids chose this day not me), Epcot will be an 8, DHS will be a 9, and AK will be a 7.

We have a MK tour planned on that day. FP will help some. And we have a BOG reservation for dinner.

I would also like to get over to Epcot on Thursday and Friday to see the start/finish of the 5K and 10K. Other than running these, I've never been a spectator since I wasn't in them. But I want to see the excitement of those races when they occur.

Here's crossing my fingers for good weather in early January. :dogdance:

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Bama Ed, thanks for the info.
After i run the 10k on Friday Jan 6th my daughter and two granddaughters and I are heading to MK. This is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity for us to be together at The Fort plus going to MK. I too hope for good weather. I truly believe we will thoroughly enjoy MK no matter what the crowd levels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter