Who will join us Late December - January, Trip Reports

FtW Mike

DIS Veteran
Reading a wide variety of threads it looks like a good number of us will be in The Fort for the time frame I outlined in the title, A suggestion of a get together for coffee or the like has floated so here we go.
Lucille and I will arrive 23 Dec and check out about a month later in Jan. We are hoping to be in 1600 x 1900 loops Full Hook up pet friendly for our 2 Heathen Hounds. All interested let the rest of us know and we can all make plans accordingly

Reading a wide variety of threads it looks like a good number of us will be in The Fort for the time frame I outlined in the title, A suggestion of a get together for coffee or the like has floated so here we go.
Lucille and I will arrive 23 Dec and check out about a month later in Jan. We are hoping to be in 1600 x 1900 loops Full Hook up pet friendly for our 2 Heathen Hounds. All interested let the rest of us know and we can all make plans accordingly

Our dates are Dec 30 a January 13. Looking to add another week, but not pursuing on a daily basis. Something will open up before then, we hope! We have booked a premium, and will be happy with most any site we get. Coffee sounds good, or even a later-in-the-day munchie time. Bill and I are in. Barb

Last edited:
I'd love to be there during that time frame, and certainly to be able to stay a month, but the kids with school and that whole "Job" thing just doesn't allow it to happen. I'd love to have one of those jobs I could do on the road... :( Sadly though, I have a desk job and they kind of want me there in the office.

Oh well, I hope you have an awesome time. :)

We are in on Jan 3 and out on Jan 10 (both Tuesdays) in a Preferred (100/200). Will probably do one park day (MK on Wednesday if they have EMH). So far it's me and whichever kids try to invite themselves on my dime (DW won't know if she can get off work till closer to time).

Bama Ed

We are there Jan 2 to 16. Sorry PEG in IT and not a work from home job. Yes one of my perks we are only planning 3 vacation days of that time, will "work from home" the first week.

Wont be there this year till last weekend of January through first weeks of February.

Oh, I don't begrudge anyone that can work those kinds of schedules.... I wish I could.

Oh, I don't begrudge anyone that can work those kinds of schedules.... I wish I could.
Paul the trick in my case is to be ACTIVELY retarded I Mean retired. Have my pension and now work in private sector to supplement and pay for goodies. Save my vacay time and use enough every year to have couple of decent checks when we come home waiting do about 1/3 time as unpaid time off

We are planning on being there from Jan.3- Feb. 1 in a premium site.( usually request 400). I work as an Emergency Room Nurse and bank a lot of overtime, especially during the summer. Since DH is a farmer we prefer to take vacation in the winter. Fortunately, my employer has been accommodating.
I think a get together would be great.

Looks like I need to get a calendar and keep a record of who is coming in and going out when but looks there will plenty of time for meets and we bring more than enough coffee of course Bama Ed could bring some medicine for those who need some internal liniment after the races

We are planning on being there from Jan.3- Feb. 1 in a premium site.( usually request 400). I work as an Emergency Room Nurse and bank a lot of overtime, especially during the summer. Since DH is a farmer we prefer to take vacation in the winter. Fortunately, my employer has been accommodating.
I think a get together would be great.

We requested 400 loop as well for our trip that time of the year, may catch you before you pull out and head back!

We will be there 12/26-12/31. Right now we have a tent/pop up reserved but really need a full. We have a very small TT and want to bring our dog, so I am stalking the website for a full to open up. I just booked Halloween so there is hope for Dec.

Okay I will be off and camping this weekend so Will start a chart on who will be there i n 10 day increments and we what works best for all interested parties. Since some will have non furbearing kids anyone like the idea of hijacking the hay ride one night?
Side note Anybody besides me a friend of Bill Wilson and Dr Bob or am I the only one. It is okay to Private message me on that one

We will be there 12/26-12/31. Right now we have a tent/pop up reserved but really need a full. We have a very small TT and want to bring our dog, so I am stalking the website for a full to open up. I just booked Halloween so there is hope for Dec.

Good luck in your search. We have not yet added on to our stay. Have you called instead of checking the website? I have never always trusted how up-to-date it is. I remember last year, it was in October, a date opened up to add onto our stay, and even come a day earlier. Good luck.

We will hopefully see you in December in a full site.

In on Jan 2, 2017 out on Jan 12, 2017. It would be nice to meet up with everyone.

Last edited:
We will be staying from Dec. 27-January 7. I am an elementary school principal, so I am connecting a week off to our scheduled winter break. Plus, both my kids are in college so it's the only time we are all available. Would love to do a meet.

In on Jan 3, 2017 out on Jan 12, 2017. It would be nice to meet up with everyone.

Denise, wow, you are going! Yeah! I thought you had commented that it might be a couple of years. It will be great to see you again. Have a great summer. We are heading out today, close by, for a fun few days with "mature" classmates!

In on Jan 3, 2017 out on Jan 12, 2017. It would be nice to meet up with everyone.

party: Oh Lordy! I might even bring my fishing rod and try to pick up a few tips from Frank.

And maybe I can post something snarky then and watch Denise deep-six me live and in person. :rotfl2:

party: Oh Lordy! I might even bring my fishing rod and try to pick up a few tips from Frank.

And maybe I can post something snarky then and watch Denise deep-six me live and in person. :rotfl2:
LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter