Who thinks the CDC will roll back their new mask rules from two days ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that someone eventually explains why wearing a mask is such a big deal. I had trouble with them at first but it’s no big deal now. It seems such an odd molehill to die on.

I wonder what it will be like as we adjust back to normal. Will people really harass others about this on a routine basis?

It’s not a big deal. People just want to make them a big deal. My 5 year old has not complained about wearing a mask, and he’s worn it to school every single day this year. A lot of adults just want to act like toddlers, it seems.

I really think by mid june, maybe a little sooner masks will basically be gone most places. They already essentially are in many places.
Doesn't mean what the poster said wasn't correct. It def. puts businesses in a weird spot because they know not all their patrons are fully vaccinated and that's who the guidance is for, not that it hasn't been that way before during this with putting the businesses in a bad spot. Also I know you've mentioned mid-June a lot but that seems to be related to that article you linked rather than a person opinion at least it never came across that way.

On a local talk radio show, a business owner called in extremely ticked off. He feels with that statement, the CDC has only caused him more problems with forcing him to institute a policy for his business that could possibly cost him patrons at a time where he is barely hanging on as it is.

Yeah, I feel for business owners dealing with this right now, particularly those who have tried for the last year to be sensitive to their employees' concerns. Shaming businesses on social media if they still require masks has already become a thing in my area, with whole conversations "calling out" owners who want to keep us "living in fear". Meanwhile, those employees that are worried about a chronic health problem or carrying the virus home to their kids still have those worries and owners are in the position of having to stand up against popular opinion in their defense without even the modest support that came from being able to point to state mandates and CDC guidance.

I've been confronted 3 times. Once from some random customer no where near me until he came near me just to confront me (wonder why he's so worried if willing to get in the personal space of someone without a mask) that I ignored and twice from store employees upon entering where I said, "No problem" and turned around and went elsewhere.

Conversely the 2 people who tell us they will fire us at work are the 2 people who leaned in close, within 2 feet so I could hear them, pulled their mask down below their chin and spoke to me. I walked away from both of them shaking my head.

Common sense...how I miss you.

I have followed all the masking rules for our state from the start. But last summer, when our cases were quite low, I was at the beach with my kids. I was walking toward the water, and a "park employee" came charging at me screaming that I needed a mask. There were no rules in place (I checked the website prior to leaving), and 95% of the people there were NOT masked (it was a BEACH with people SWIMMING). I calmly reminded this very young person that I was of no risk to anyone, as nobody but my kids was anywhere close to six feet away from me - until this person decided to come and scream in my face from about a foot away.

Crazy.

Originally the masks were for the medical workers for their protection and it was completely unnecessary for the general population to wear masks. The narrative has changed countless times to attempt to control us in the name of "new science" being discovered. Later after many changes of the narrative, it was admitted by the particular person that he flat out lied yet from then on out said person is still regarded as a medical god by some.
It's been an alarming trend of continuously moving the goalpost. Now it's all about the children not getting sick. Some tend to forget that your child is about 9-10 times more likely to drown than to die from Covid. However, we don't have our kids wear scuba gear when they go to the beach or pool. Further, why are we only basing our version of herd immunity on the amount vaccinated? The WHO's definition says to add vaccinated and infected/recovered. If you do that we are much closer to the herd immunity magical number, whatever number "the particular person" you speak of says it is today.

I hope that someone eventually explains why wearing a mask is such a big deal. I had trouble with them at first but it’s no big deal now. It seems such an odd molehill to die on.

I wonder what it will be like as we adjust back to normal. Will people really harass others about this on a routine basis?
No. People do not need to justify why they do not like wearing a mask. They just don't like it and that is all anyone should need to know. Anymore that I would ask someone who is vaccinated why they prefer to wear a mask.

Nope. Karen insists on speaking to the manager about why her constitutional right to shop at Costco are being violated by the mask requirement.

I think that's a Karen-extrapolation, LOL. The original meme of the Karen was someone who was open and vocal about insisting on taking every advantage of being white in a situation where someone else was not.

No. People do not need to justify why they do not like wearing a mask. They just don't like it and that is all anyone should need to know. Anymore that I would ask someone who is vaccinated why they prefer to wear a mask.
Exactly, I can't understand why some people want to make mask wearing a permanent part of life going forward. I'm more comfortable and it's easier to breath without a mask. That should be a good enough reason for anyone.

It's been an alarming trend of continuously moving the goalpost. Now it's all about the children not getting sick. Some tend to forget that your child is about 9-10 times more likely to drown than to die from Covid. However, we don't have our kids wear scuba gear when they go to the beach or pool. Further, why are we only basing our version of herd immunity on the amount vaccinated? The WHO's definition says to add vaccinated and infected/recovered. If you do that we are much closer to the herd immunity magical number, whatever number "the particular person" you speak of says it is today.
Yes! Indiana only has 35% of the population vaccinated, but the numbers in all covid related statistics are coming down. There is definitely natural immunity from the recovered helping. Our mask mandate and capacity limits was removed early April (businesses may make their own restrictions).

And yes there are far more risky things for kids to die of or be injured in then dying of covid, but those risks aren't blasted in the news with misleading headlines.

There will be some overlap between vaccinated and had covid, but yes we are must closer to herd immunity then some think.

Exactly, I can't understand why some people want to make mask wearing a permanent part of life going forward. I'm more comfortable and it's easier to breath without a mask. That should be a good enough reason for anyone.

It's kind of like questioning why we should be expected to wear shirts in public, but in fact, has just a wee bit more authority. After all, no one is physically harmed by Mr. X's decision to show up at House of Sirloin without a shirt on, but we nonetheless expect him to wear one, don't we? I really don't think that anyone really is advocating for everyone to continue wearing masks at all times whilst in public once the pandemic spread has been curtailed, but there is undeniable evidence (in last winter's flu numbers, for instance) that wearing a mask in public when you have an apparent repiratory illness is a considerate thing to do for your fellow humans. (Just like keeping those doughy pecs under wraps while I'm eating, thanks.)

I don't know if US employers & schools will become more lenient about sick-day absences in the name of preventing contagion in general, but it seems to me that the half-way measure of asking anyone who comes to work/school sick with a respiratory issue to wear a mask while there does have some merit and is a pretty reasonable ask. Because it's the considerate thing to do in a public place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter