Who Says a Platypus Doesn't Do Much?

I'm here from your PTR! :cool1:
I LOVE all of your pictures and I'm really glad you included pics of All Star Movies. We are considering staying there on a possible upcoming WDW trip.

Can't wait to hear more!

ChiChi loves vacation because that is the only time he gets to fly! Chickens in real life don't fly!
Subbing!! Where did you get the mini-ears for ChiChi? We have a BaaBaa and a Big Baby that need one for our October trip!

popcorn:: subbing for this and the dining review.

Welcome!

Sounds great! I am in. I know what you mean about not having enough time. We went for about 12 days and we didn't come close to finishing all that we wanted to.

It was great! Thanx for joining!

Can't wait to hear about your trip! I would LOVE to be able to visit WDW for 17 days....Lucky family! :cool1:

Can't wait to tell you all about it!

great! Can't wait to hear about your trip! :goodvibes

Thanx! Telling about it is the next best thing to living it, right?

I'm here!

So glad you realized Pa had the bag before it was too late!!

Thing2 and Thing3 love to sit up front in the fake monorail too!

What a great room location!

Can't wait for more!!

I was wondering where you were... ;)

Im with you! I stayed at Pop on my past trip AND POLY! and I have to say the bus service was better at pop! REally! :confused3 I felt the same way.

Ok, good...I was hoping it wasn't just us...but that really does give me something to think about before I stay somewhere like that for an extended amount of time!

I am realllly enjoying your trip and dining reports! I can't wait to read more.

I feel the same way about deluxe resorts!!!!! The waits are horrible at deluxe resorts. Definitely the longest I have ever had to wait were at a deluxe resort. Pop century is sooo much quicker!!! I wonder if it is because I go to deluxe resorts at off times? Maybe they are better in the morning?

Thanx! I don't know about morinings either though becasue we have been over tot hem for early breakfasts and it's not much better...

I'm here from your PTR! :cool1:
I LOVE all of your pictures and I'm really glad you included pics of All Star Movies. We are considering staying there on a possible upcoming WDW trip.

Can't wait to hear more!

Yea! All-Star Movies and Pop are probably our favorites of the values and we have probably stayed in them more than any others. The new room was nice and a little more upscale than they used to be so it was nice.

Subbing!! Where did you get the mini-ears for ChiChi? We have a BaaBaa and a Big Baby that need one for our October trip!

We got the hat a few years ago at Mouse Gears but sadly, they did nto have any this time. He also has a t-shirt with Mickey on it and he wanted more but we could not find them this time around. ANd it really stinks becasue he lost an ear on this trip and we were never able to find it.

On out way out we stopped at the bathroom and toured the gift shop. We love that shop! Tyler bought a Vinylmation and got the knight that was in his series so he was happy.

At 8:52am we were on the bus to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

It was open the latest of the parts, minus Magic Kingdom cause it is too far away for transfer. We found they now had a different set up for busses at the Studios. We were dropped off in the parking lot on the opposite side of the water from the boat dock. It worked out well though because the All-Star movies stop was right there pretty much.

By 9:20pm we were on a bus to All-Star Movies…with seats. Crowd was not bad at all and a bus came by pretty quickly. Maybe our luck is turning around!

We arrived back at All-Star Movies and checked out the gift shop. Tyler stopped to use a snack credit on a Cinnamon Roll. I forgot a picture but I know I have one fromthe next day so when I get those pictures uploaded I'll edit this post.

I don’t know where he puts it but I guess when all you are really eating is meat, no potato or side dishes, you still have room. We also filled up our mugs. Toy Story 3 was playing on a giant screen by the pool right outside our room but we were too tired to stay and watch.

We walked into our room and well, our bags had arrived…all of them…and they looked like they had two people deliver them – one to hold the door open and the other to fling the suit case as close to the entrance of the room as possible while still being able to close the door. WOW…not the service I am used to from Disney! So we had to climb over our luggage to move it out of the doorway just so we could all get into the room. We unpacked one bag (I had packed so that all our clothes for part one on our trip were in one bag so we would not have to go digging on all the bags) and the toiletries, Ty ate his cinnamon roll, Skye ate some of her left over dessert from dnner, and I packed the bag for the morning.

At 10:48 we went to bed!

So the next day dawned nice and early but since it was our first full day in The World it was not that hard to get everyone up. My alarm went off at 6:00am. I showered and then got the kids up...Skye first and then Ty. He's hard to get into the shower but then never wants to get out...drives me crazy!

We left the room around 7:00am. When we got out of the elevator, we went to round the corner and there was a pink Mickey balloon waiting there for someone to take. We have done that before when we were leaving and did not or could not take the balloon with us. Those are my favorite ones and we were planning on buying one anyway so Ty grabbed it and took it up to our room. Yea!!!!

Every morning when we walked out of our room that we kept at 62 degrees, I had to wait for my camera to de-fog but it did make for some neat pictures sometimes...other times it was a pain.

We stopped in the food court to fill our mugs with Coke, DIet Coke, and Sprite.

Shortly after we got to the bus stop...

...a Magic Kingdom bus pulled up...score! It was a full bus and we had to stand but Skye was able to worm herself a seat.

Tyler went through bag check while Skye, the stroller and I went through where you had no bags to check. We stood just about long enough to take this...

...and then we entered a pretty empty Main Street.

Some more early morning pictures...

We checked in at Crystal Palace at 8:00am.

As usual there was a huge line but once they opened we were one of the first called in. We were led in and given a great table in the corner by the windows.

Our waiter was great...talkative, filled our cups as we needed, cleared plates, etc...

We ate our fill.

Skye's first plate...

Puffed French Toast, Mickey waffle, and Strawberries

Ty's first plate...

Scrambled Eggs, Mickey Waffle, and Cinnamon Rolls

My first plate...

Breakfast Pizza, Strawberries and Fresh Whipped Cream, Bacon, Breakfast Potatoes, and Puffed French Toast

Ty's next plate...

Three Cinnamon Rolls

My next plate...

Oatmeal (I love Disney Oatmeal!), more Strawberries and Cream, Chocolate Corssaint, and Crumb Cake

So continuing on with Crystal Palace...

We saw Piglet...

...Tigger...

...and Pooh...

We decided to leave before seeing Eeyore becasue he was really far away still, in face Piglet had passed him up! We knew we'd be back later in the trip and we were eager to get out into the park.

Our bill was $72.81 but we used 2 adult and 1 child's meal credit.

The food was all fesh and good. It has plenty to eat for everyone. We are big breakfast eaters so a breakfast buffet always works for us. I loved the puffed french toast and the strawberries with the fresh whipped cream. Tyler obviously loves the cinnamon rolls and Skye loves the Mickey Waffles...but she woudl not even try the chocolate ones...she's a purist. Our waiter even offered to go get her syrup but she does not tarnish a good Mickey Waffle with syrup.

So we checked out and headed up through the Castle...

...where they were still holding for rope drop.

We waited for about a minute before they dropped the rope and we headed for Dumbo. We were on the first ride of the day! We have never done that before!

And I took a lot of pictures of the "new" Fantastland in progress and some of the existing one...

We were able to identify where Belle's land will be and where we believe Ariel's land will be. Looks like a ton going on. I just cannot even imagine it when it is done. Sounds like it should be great!

After the ride, we had to take pictures in the Dumbo...

And headed over to Pooh! The kids were excited to see what was changed. There was no one there yet so we got to take our time and play in there...

We had a lot of fun playing in there. We did not know htere were pictures under the honey until we were in the fast pass line later in the trip but we had fun just playing with it. I don't know how great it is when it is crowded in there. Seems like it could cause a lot of problems with people taking the playing route vs people waiting in line. But when we were there, there was no one else around so there was no problem.

So we ride Pooh...

Then we hopped on Peter Pan becasue there was still no line. Ty ran to drop off the stroller and we got in line (normally we would not do this but no one else was there).

It was a great ride as usual.

Afterwards we stopped at the bathroom, picked up the stroller, and headed on...

So where did we go next?

Guess....

Yep, next in line...The Haunted Mansion! And the new queue for that too!

We liked the new additions to the line. Once again, there was no one there so we got to take our time and play a little. It was fun. This line seems to work better as far as the line and when it woudl be crowded...less conflict. You have the option of going through the new part or not. And then it feeds back into the line at the door area. We got right in but when we got to about three doom buggies from loading the ride, it stopped. And it stayed stopped for quite a while. One thing I dislike is that no one came around to tell us what was going on to give people the option of staying or going. We stood there got probably twenty minutes....and no one came to let us know if it was going to be a while. There were people walking through with dress clothes on and people who looked like they were mechanics. At one point the ride started moving but they still did not let anyone on for about tem nore minutes. We never found out what was going on but we would have liked to be able to decide if it were worth waiting for or not. We also enjoyed the new hitch hiking ghosts at the end. You could see them much better and they were more interactive than the old ones. All in all, we loved the ride!

When we got off the ride, Tyler ran for fast passes to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. On the way...

...we found Frontier Donald...

So after seeing Donald, we went through to...

Great ride, as usual!

We saw this neat set up...

And then found out why it was there...

We headed back to Frontierland but Splash was dry...

...as it woudl be every time we were by there. Don't know why???

And then we used our fast passes for Big Thunder.

continued in next post...

Big Thunder continued....

Love this picture!

We headed back up through Adventureland and grabbed a bucket of popcorn...

Walked past the Tikis...

We got up to where Ariel and Eric were greeting people but their line was closed. We were soooo hot and just wanted shade and air. We had drug out our little fans but only one of them was working. So we were taking turns with that. then someone said Tink and friends were right inside and that Ariel and Eric would be back around when we were done with Tink. SO we went inside...much better! It looked like a long line but it wasn't that bad. They had a Tink movie playing and that kept all the kids occupied while they waited. No one would tell which other fairy was there. All they would say was that Tink's friends flew in and out all the time so there was no telling who would be there.

It was our turn next and we were taken into the hallway to wait and told not to cross the blue tiles or we would turn into blueberries.

When we got in Tyler decided he was not taking pictures. I think becasue he saw who was in there and she was not all that nice...

Vidia

She spent a lot of time talking to SKye about the picture in the book and telling her that whatever happened in the picture was all becasue of Stinkerbelle! She told her how she kinda looked like Stinkerbelle. She was pretty funny and Skye liked meeting her.

Then Tink was up. She was fun too and was happy she had her own page.

She was not as talkative as Vidia or as the Tink we woudl see later in the trip but she was still very fun!

So when we were done seeing the Fairys we got in line for Ariel and Eric.

They were excited about the book and Prince Eric was surprised to see he actually had his own page!!! Ariel asked the kids one of the questions in the book...What did Eric get for his birthday. Tyler answered and then Prince Eric asked him what the pose was that the statue of himself was in. So he and Tyler had to pose. Skye told Ariel that she is her favorite.

Those were two really great meet and greets!

We decided to head up to lunch. We were a bit early but I figured we would see if they could seat up early and if not, at least we could sit inside and wait a little. it was really HOT!!!

On the way though...

...we ran into...

Peter Pan called Tyler a girl...of all people!

So we headed up to the hub and stopped for pictures...

...and then moved onto Main Street...

...and as we got to the corner before Tony's, the Move It, Shake It Parade started...

Continued in next post...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter