Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

We are going to universal studio for the first time in January 2014 and will staying at the RPC. Which restaurants should we go to for lunch and dinner? Is the meal deal worth it?

In Islands of Adventure, make sure you have a meal at Mythos. If the parks are not open late they won't be open for dinner, so plan a lunch there.

Just got back from Columbus Day weekend.

We had one day at IOA and one day at US. We ate lunch at Mythos and Finnegan's.

Overall: Mythos was excellent and Finnegan's was very good. Recommend this over the quick-service options.

Reservations: You can make reservations through opentable.com for both of those. They both have tons of availability same-day. I literally made my reservations for Finnegan's 15 minutes prior and there was tons of availability at the restaurant. Mythos, we had to wait a few minutes even with reservations.

Menu was exactly what was shown at OpenTable:
Mythos - http://www.opentable.com/rest_profile_menu.aspx?rid=56233&tab=1
Finnegan's - http://www.opentable.com/rest_profile_menu.aspx?rid=56224&tab=1

Food:
Mythos - I had the mushroom soup, blackened mahi mahi and DH had the spinach salad and the bistro filet. Kids had kids' meals (kids' cheeseburger and chicken strips) and smoothies. We shared the flourless chocolate cake dessert, which was delish. They had a few wines by the glass at modest prices ($5-8/glass).

Finnegan's - I had the Kilkenny Pot Pie and DH had the Guiness Beef Stew
Kids had kids' meals (I think chicken strips again) and milkshakes.
Beer selection was, as expected, very Irish :beer:. They won't serve alcohol on Sundays prior to 12:00.

Yesterday I had my daughter look over menus and decide where she wanted to eat. Which brought up a question... I know the restaurants are open until 2:00 a.m., but do they continue to serve their full menu up until that time? (We'll be arriving after 10 p.m. and are considering going over for dinner).

Also, can you go in really late and just order an appetizer? My daughter really wants to try the Crawfish Nachos at Pat O'Briens and I was thinking we could maybe do that after HHN.

And last, has anyone had the Crawfish Nachos and how were they? Primarily, are there tomatoes in the etouffee sauce?

Yesterday I had my daughter look over menus and decide where she wanted to eat. Which brought up a question... I know the restaurants are open until 2:00 a.m., but do they continue to serve their full menu up until that time? (We'll be arriving after 10 p.m. and are considering going over for dinner).

Also, can you go in really late and just order an appetizer? My daughter really wants to try the Crawfish Nachos at Pat O'Briens and I was thinking we could maybe do that after HHN.

And last, has anyone had the Crawfish Nachos and how were they? Primarily, are there tomatoes in the etouffee sauce?

go to www.citywalk.com
click on the orlando site.

get the toll free number, if it is listed for that restaurant and call them to inquire about last food orders time.

i know places are open to 2am, but not sure the time that food is last served.

my only late night experience at city walk was at HRC after hhn.
they closed up at midnight on a weeknight.
ended up getting food at the hotel.

don't know if that early closing was due to an event or just on that night i went.

hopefully others that have gone to o'briens late, will post and help you with your questions.

Been to Universal Island Of Adventure 5 times now and each time I tell myself I will eat in the Mythos restaurant however I am usually so busy cramming in ride time that I have never actually been. I have heard amazing things about it and have seen pictures from friends who I have been....really want to go now. Maybe next time...

I've made a reservation at The Kitchen for 10:15 pm this Friday. Do you think we will be okay going that late and (possibly) ordering only the Kitchen Sink cake :-)blush: yes, we have planned our meals around the desserts)? I'd like to try the Kitchen Burger as well, but I don't think I can eat that much food!

Where can we get breakfast in time to be at the park by 730ish for early entry at 8? We are staying at RPR and may do the breakfast there one day but we have two other mornings to plan for.

Where can we get breakfast in time to be at the park by 730ish for early entry at 8? We are staying at RPR and may do the breakfast there one day but we have two other mornings to plan for.

Island Dining room opens at 7:00
Orchid Court Lounge opens at 6:00, it is ala carte/

both at rph.

I've made a reservation at The Kitchen for 10:15 pm this Friday. Do you think we will be okay going that late and (possibly) ordering only the Kitchen Sink cake :-)blush: yes, we have planned our meals around the desserts)? I'd like to try the Kitchen Burger as well, but I don't think I can eat that much food!

be sure to return here and tell us about the kitchen sink cake!

macraven said:
be sure to return here and tell us about the kitchen sink cake!

My friend Josh did the kitchen challenge when we were there. He did not finish but the cake alone weighs 3 pounds if I can figure out how to post a pic I will

the first one is the before the second it the after

the kitchen challenge is the kitchen burger which is a 10oz bacon cheeseburger with all the fixings, a deep fried whole dill pickle, the strainer full of fries and the cake

the kitchen challenge is the kitchen burger which is a 10oz bacon cheeseburger with all the fixings, a deep fried whole dill pickle, the strainer full of fries and the cake

How long to you have to complete the challenge and is there a reward?

30 minutes and if you finish its free otherwise its 18 for the Burger and 21 for the cake. According to the staff only 2 people ever completed it and josh was the first one most of them ever saw attempt it. Its not on the menu so you have to ask

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter