Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

The cake is 7 different kinds of cake, then throw in raspberries, blueberries, chocolate chips, chocolate sauce and peanut butter.

For the restaurants that take reservations on Opentable.com - how far in advance can you make them?

So we'll be making our first trip to US in a few short weeks! :cool1:

We purchased the full universal dining plan for 3 days.

With the parks closing so much earlier than WDW parks, what time do the counter service and restaurants usually stop serving/close? The parks, according to the calendar, are slated to close at 7pm the days that we're there.

I'm guessing its best to eat at one of the TS restaurants for lunch and then pick up a counter service for dinner between 5-6pm?

I'm overthinking this, aren't I? :)

I just don't have any frame of reference, other than looking at trip reviews here and free touring plans I've come across while scouring the internet.

Another question, we've been to WDW several times and we are *those* people that try to cram as much as we can into 1 day, usually staying at the park until it closes...late. I'm not sure we're going to know what to do with ourselves having to leave the park so early. Are there activities at the resorts or citywalk? We're staying at the RPR, have a 7 year old, and already (thanks to disboards and groupon) have a mini golf game planned for the day we arrive, before we hit the parks the next day.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
-Lea

You can check at www.opentable.com to see what time you make reservations until. Your plan is a pretty good one though. The Citywalk restaurants (I think you have three you can choose from) will be open late.

Spend some time at the pools. You can pool hop to any of the resorts.

You can also see a movie in Citywalk.

The resorts do have activities but it depends on time of year.

Thanks!

Since we're going in December, we're not planning on hitting the pools this time around.

We're planning on eating out-of-pocket the night we arrive at citywalk. Think I'll move forward with planning a TS for lunch and find a CS for dinner.

Another question, we've been to WDW several times and we are *those* people that try to cram as much as we can into 1 day, usually staying at the park until it closes...late. I'm not sure we're going to know what to do with ourselves having to leave the park so early. Are there activities at the resorts or citywalk? We're staying at the RPR, have a 7 year old, and already (thanks to disboards and groupon) have a mini golf game planned for the day we arrive, before we hit the parks the next day.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
-Lea

Head over to PBH and listen to the live music:
And each night at sundown you can listen to live Italian ballads during Musica della Notte on the Piazza of Loews Portofino Bay Hotel.
https://www.universalorlando.com/Nightlife/Live-Music.aspx

The web site says:

"Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. is proud to offer a Gluten Free menu as well."
Anyone have a copy of this menu or ordered off of it? Can't find any info on it other than the quote above.

So we'll be making our first trip to US in a few short weeks! :cool1:

With the parks closing so much earlier than WDW parks, what time do the counter service and restaurants usually stop serving/close? The parks, according to the calendar, are slated to close at 7pm the days that we're there.

Are there activities at the resorts or citywalk? We're staying at the RPR, have a 7 year old, and already (thanks to disboards and groupon) have a mini golf game planned for the day we arrive, before we hit the parks the next day.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
-Lea

You can also see a movie in Citywalk.

The resorts do have activities but it depends on time of year.

I agree about the movies - great theater! Also, have you considered Blue Man Group? Another Dis'er forwarded me to the following link, and I bought tickets a few days ago. https://www.livingsocial.com/events/cities/75-orlando-east/891138-blue-man-group-one-theater-ticket

Mythos at IOA..BUT be aware that the restuarant very often closes well before the park does ( except in the peakest travel times) so sometimes the last seating of the day is about 4pm.

I suggest those 2 as well, another place that I think is very overlooked is Confisco Grille, probably my favorite in IOA

How far in advance can and should you book Mythos if going during a busy time? Is it like Disney (180 days in advance)?

A lot of people don't even bother making reservations or make them the day they are going.
We prefer to have reservations. You can make them on
www.opentable.com
I don't know how far in advance they take reservations, but you don't need to make them 180 in advance!

You should not have a problem obtaining a reservation at Mythos from opentable. I was able to get a 6:00 P.M. reservation there on 7/1 less than one week in advance. :thumbsup2

Unless it's an incredibly busy time like Christmas, you should be fine doing it a few days before.

if i make a ressie for mythos, i do it the morning of before i go into the park.
sometimes i do walk ups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter