Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

Anyone have dinner ideas outside US/IOA? What non park things do you do in the Universal area in the evenings? Staying at RPH, two kids 12 & 14 and extended family (adults).

tia,

KC

Citywalk has tons of great options, we are particularly fond of Margaritaville, Bubba Gumps, Nascar Cafe. If you are wanting to go someplace completely offsite, though, there are TONS of options reasonably close by, on International Drive.

In CityWalk, my favorites are Bubba Gump and Margaritaville.

A mile or two from the parks is Hash House a Go-Go.... AMAZING food in HUGE portions. I definitely recommend a trip there if you are looking to leave the resort!!

There's a sticky above, created my Damo, that has the menus for all restaurants located at Universal (inside the parks, inside Citywalk, and at the onsite hotels).

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2681315

My favorite Citywalk restaurants would be Margaritaville, Hard Rock Cafe, and Nascar Cafe. I also liked Latin Quarter, but it's closed and being changed into another restaurant.

And as you're staying at RPR, I also suggest Jake's American Bar and Restaurant, which has good food.

As for non-park things to do in the evening, Citywalk has a multiple screen movie theater, miniature golf, and The Blue Man Group. There's also a Citywalk stage that may have musicians on certain nights. Also, over at PBH, there's Musica della Notte (Music of the Night) each night at sunset which has several singers singing from a balconey over the main harbor.

Call Flippers Pizza, (try the bacon double cheeseburger one) and have it delivered to the hotel.....relax and enjoy!

If you have a car, try Ginza on Colonial rd in downtown Orlando. its about 20 min away. Its Japanese hibachi and sushi. The food and service are excellent, and much cheaper as it is out of the tourist zone.

I know that I probably asked this, but I can't find my post and I have a mind like a sharp steel sieve . . .

Other than Mythos and 3B, where do you eat in the parks (specifically Studios)? We're foodies - we are going to V&A over at the Motherland - and I want to make sure that we get at least decent park food!

Thanks.

I know that I probably asked this, but I can't find my post and I have a mind like a sharp steel sieve . . .

Other than Mythos and 3B, where do you eat in the parks (specifically Studios)? We're foodies - we are going to V&A over at the Motherland - and I want to make sure that we get at least decent park food!

Thanks.
My two favorite restaurants at the Studios are Louie's for counter service and Finnegan's for table service.

Hi all:thumbsup2

We've been to Universal several times and never had any problems with getting in to the City walk restaurants. But this year we are spending three nights at the Portofino bay hotel from 27th Dec and as I know this is a particularly busy time of year, I wondered whether it was possible to make dining reservations at the Citywalk restaurants? I'm particularly thinking of Bubba Gumps, Margarittaville and Hard Rock Café.

If so, how do you do it and how far in advance can it be done?

Many thanks for any help:thumbsup2

Dining reservations can be made at www.opentable.com for most sit down restaurants. I think Bubba Gump's is the exception and there may be one other. Bubba Gump's doesn't take reservations.

You can check to see if you can book now but there seems to be a variance between restaurants as to how far in advance you can book.

Dining reservations can be made at www.opentable.com for most sit down restaurants. I think Bubba Gump's is the exception and there may be one other. Bubba Gump's doesn't take reservations.

You can check to see if you can book now but there seems to be a variance between restaurants as to how far in advance you can book.

thanks Damo - that's a great help:thumbsup2

My two favorite restaurants at the Studios are Louie's for counter service and Finnegan's for table service.
Thanks! And now for the corollary - any places in the parks (both of them) that we should avoid?

Hey guys! This is going to be my first Florida trip and Mel's Diner looks awesome.. is it as good as it looks?? Also, we going 8 Oct and was just wondering best time to eat there?? I know Oct is a quiet time for the parks but I just wondered if there was a "best time" to eat. We from UK and generally eat either earlier or later than the lunch/dinner times most people do (e.g lunch at 2pm, dinner at 10pm etc). Also, my son is a MASSIVE HP fan (like most 6 yr old boys! Lol!) so wondered when quietest time to eat lunch or dinner at 3 Broomsticks in IOA was?? Thanks! :)

Thanks! And now for the corollary - any places in the parks (both of them) that we should avoid?

Hey guys! This is going to be my first Florida trip and Mel's Diner looks awesome.. is it as good as it looks?? Also, we going 8 Oct and was just wondering best time to eat there?? I know Oct is a quiet time for the parks but I just wondered if there was a "best time" to eat. We from UK and generally eat either earlier or later than the lunch/dinner times most people do (e.g lunch at 2pm, dinner at 10pm etc). Also, my son is a MASSIVE HP fan (like most 6 yr old boys! Lol!) so wondered when quietest time to eat lunch or dinner at 3 Broomsticks in IOA was?? Thanks! :)

These two posts go together. I would avoid Mel's Diner. The burgers are just substandard, in my opinion.

Eating lunch at 2 would probably work fine at 3 Broomsticks. It won't be open really late. I'd just avoid the 11:30-1:30 time. However, just take a peek in to check the lines. It may not be busy at all.

I second what damo said, Mel's is just ok and there is better places to eat. For a few dollars more per person you can do a nice sitdown.

How is the pizza at Universal? Which location is best? If the pizza is not very good, then where do you recommend for the standard cheese burger and fries?

first of all Im really enjoying reading through this thread

I just wanted to mention to anyone staying on property at UO that the Sals market at Portofinobay has some really delicious pizza. even when we stay at the other resorts instead of Portofino we always take a ride over one night catch the opera singers outside and get pizza at Sals. The people that wor there have been there for years and they are all the friendliest and nicest people I come across at Uni. I reccommend giving it a try if youre there for an extended vaca and have the leisure time.

We are planning on a trip late August 2014. What are the restaurants you would recommend for our trip? Type of foods and price please.

Thanks

We are planning on a trip late August 2014. What are the restaurants you would recommend for our trip? Type of foods and price please.

Thanks

There are menus on the first page as well as links to surveys done by people on this board as to their recommendations.

How do people feel about Mythos? The atmosphere looks really cool!

Mythos is wonderful!!!

How do people feel about Mythos? The atmosphere looks really cool!

We ate at Mythos yesterday and everything was just perfect........food was excellent and service was as usual amazing.

We hadn`t eaten here last couple of visits but we`ll go back before we leave this time.......well worth a visit :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter