When did it become a rule to give nearest kid caught foul ball?

Hmmm, doesn't that call for Jazz Hands?

:rotfl2:

Why yes...yes it does.

images

IMO That couple knew what was happening..... There was an awful lot of whispering by her... and when the boy was given a ball... everyone else in the area clapped... and they did not (and she whispers again)... (see the clip a couple of posts up..)

I actually feel bad for both couples... all they did was go to a game and now they are being picked apart...

Michael Kay should not have to apologize... he comments on everything at a game.. there is a lot of time to fill..LOL

ETA I give the father credit for holding on to his son... how many videos have we seen of men dropping their kids to catch a ball!! LOL

Interesting. I wonder how many people who claimed this couple should have done the nice thing and give that boy their ball, also feel Kay should do the nice (and right) thing and apologize? He said some nasty stuff about that woman, and since he obviously had no idea what was going on when he did, he was in the wrong. Hopefully he learns a lesson and either keeps his comments to the ball playing, or keeps keeps his mouth shut altogether.

I hope Kay apologizes and someone offers goodies to the couple (or their kids--do they have some) to make up for all the horrible things reported about them that were totally false.
I am glad the parents of the little boy tried to set the record straight.
Kay should definitely apologize. How awful to go to experience THE #1 all American sporting event, only to be be publicly humiliated by THE ANNOUNCER for NOTHING. He sounds like an ***.

Interesting. I wonder how many people who claimed this couple should have done the nice thing and give that boy their ball, also feel Kay should do the nice (and right) thing and apologize? He said some nasty stuff about that woman, and since he obviously had no idea what was going on when he did, he was in the wrong. Hopefully he learns a lesson and either keeps his comments to the ball playing, or keeps keeps his mouth shut altogether.

I said he should not HAVE to.. if he choses to no problem...... but really it is not his fault that every media org. chose to run with the story...

Lots of stupid comments are made by sports commentators... like I said lots of air time to fill...

I think the fact that the people in the section all clapped when the boy was given a ball shows that it was pretty obvious what was going on... and as others have commented the seating is tight...there is no way they did not know...

Lots of stupid comments are made by sports commentators... like I said lots of air time to fill...
Just because there's a lot of time to fill doesn't excuse his actions of criticizing/insulting spectators.

I think the fact that the people in the section all clapped when the boy was given a ball shows that it was pretty obvious what was going on... and as others have commented the seating is tight...there is no way they did not know...
So what? Why does it matter whether they knew the kid was crying? Or do you think a crying kid should get what they want simply because they're crying?

Just because there's a lot of time to fill doesn't excuse his actions of criticizing/insulting spectators.

So what? Why does it matter whether they knew the kid was crying? Or do you think a crying kid should get what they want simply because they're crying?

Yes, I give my children EVERYTHING they ask for..LOL

No it does not matter if they knew, but I heard on a morning show today that they claimed to have not known what was happening with the boy....

I don't get the whole foul ball thing anyway.....

The parents of the little boy sound like reasonable people.

I'm :rotfl: about the comment that adults should put away stuff that's upsetting her child. :rotfl:

The parents of the little boy sound like reasonable people.

I'm :rotfl: about the comment that adults should put away stuff that's upsetting her child. :rotfl:

ITA - I'm at the movies eating candy,a child wants it, I should put it away? What about my cell phone - if a child wants it, I should put it away? This just doesn't make sense to me:confused3

IMO That couple knew what was happening..... There was an awful lot of whispering by her... and when the boy was given a ball... everyone else in the area clapped... and they did not (and she whispers again)... (see the clip a couple of posts up..)

I actually feel bad for both couples... all they did was go to a game and now they are being picked apart...

Michael Kay should not have to apologize... he comments on everything at a game.. there is a lot of time to fill..LOL

ETA I give the father credit for holding on to his son... how many videos have we seen of men dropping their kids to catch a ball!! LOL

Really good announcers/commentators (there are only a few of them and they're normally on the radio) keep it flowing.

Really good announcers/commentators (there are only a few of them and they're normally on the radio) keep it flowing.

Yep, the good ones don't publicly humiliate people who don't deserve it. Kay was way off base and should apologize for misreading the situation and not choosing his words more carefully.

What the heck...a shopping cart in the front yard? If camera crews showed up on my doorstep, I'd wheel the shopping cart out of site.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Maybe the kid started crying after a shopping trip when mom tried to remove him from the cart, so the store gave it to him. After all, that would be the proper thing for the store to do, right?

There's no crying in baseball:thumbsup2

If the little kid never cries, there isn't a story;)

This was media driven attention.:stir:

But here we all are watching, reading, talking about it.

I think the parents acting exemplatory, stating life lessons and such...:thumbsup2

The best newscast was a reminder of last years game when a young boy about 11/12yrs old gets a foul ball and then proceeds down a few rows and gives it to a younger kid. He was later rewarded by the team with a team bat. Now that was a good story.

There's no crying in baseball:thumbsup2

If the little kid never cries, there isn't a story;)

This was media driven attention.:stir:

But here we all are watching, reading, talking about it.

I think the parents acting exemplatory, stating life lessons and such...:thumbsup2

The best newscast was a reminder of last years game when a young boy about 11/12yrs old gets a foul ball and then proceeds down a few rows and gives it to a younger kid. He was later rewarded by the team with a team bat. Now that was a good story.
I disavree. I think this was INTERNET driven. Becaise of the internet hype, the main stream media picked it up. If there wasn't an internef, this story would have quickly died.

I disavree. I think this was INTERNET driven. Becaise of the internet hype, the main stream media picked it up. If there wasn't an internef, this story would have quickly died.

I disagree. I saw it on tv multiple times the night it happened.

I'm predicting a lot of tantrums at baseball games this summer! They really pay off. They'll have to squeeze in the game in between throwing balls to every child in the stadium.

:lmao: the comment about having to take the shopping cart home...:rotfl:

Hilarious!

I'm predicting a lot of tantrums at baseball games this summer! They really pay off. They'll have to squeeze in the game in between throwing balls to every child in the stadium.

:lmao: the comment about having to take the shopping cart home...:rotfl:

Hilarious!

I predict a total ban on throwing balls into the stands. Actually I am surprised that has not happened already since that man fell from the stands and died last year...

What the heck...a shopping cart in the front yard? If camera crews showed up on my doorstep, I'd wheel the shopping cart out of site.

I'm thinking that might not be their house (the outside part). Behind them is a structure that looks like a park Ramada type thing with benches in it. It doesn't look like something someone would build in their backyard but would be in a public setting. Now..that said you would think the crew would move that out of the way prior to filming!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Maybe the kid started crying after a shopping trip when mom tried to remove him from the cart, so the store gave it to him. After all, that would be the proper thing for the store to do, right?
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter