What's your supply chain issue? How's this one for a start?

I love chicken livers and they were almost impossible to find in the grocery store here for YEARS before the pandemic. And when traveling to see family in Texas and Missouri, I have to stop and get the Liver Dinner at KFC. KFC out here doesn't have the Liver dinner anymore. We did get a Cracker Barrel here a few years back and they do have chicken livers on the menu.
Not sure where you are located, but we seem to have a good supply of chicken livers. Probably because they are supplied by Bell & Evans out of Pennsylvania, only a few hours away.

Bangor, Maine. No chicken livers in the store, no Cracker Barrel, only 1 KFC (and no chicken livers). Feeling deprived...

One of the lessons of the wildfire in Santa Rosa in 2017 was, the cell phone towers burned up, so no cell service in the city. The landlines in the city were all buried and working just fine. People who depended on cell phone emergency alerts had to way to receive them. One of the hospitals in Santa Rosa contacted all the radio and TV stations asking us to report that their employees should call in on the hospital landline numbers, not their supervisors cell phone numbers since the cell phones were out.
Oh, and speaking of OLD technology that did not fail during the fire, AM radio. The Emergency Alert system put out on AM radio stations which can broadcast from well outside the area.....often by 100 miles.....worked perfectly. Almost every car has an AM radio, however I can't remember that last time I listened to AM radio.

heck when pg&e took the grid down any time the wind kicked up AFTER the big wildfires my family in california lost their cell towers as well. freaked them out enough to finally invest in a whole house generator b/c they are on well water and if they did have an fire there was (1) no water source to fight it, and (2) no means to call local fire services.

we are one of the only homes in our rural 'neighborhood' that still has a landline and given that our area has spotty at best cell reception/worse with bad weather it is inevitable that when there's a major power outage that some neighbor comes to us asking that we call it in.

Bangor, Maine. No chicken livers in the store, no Cracker Barrel, only 1 KFC (and no chicken livers). Feeling deprived...

it's odd. growing up i saw chicken livers and such routinely at the butcher shop my mom went to and then at the grocery stores as the butcher shops died away. as an adult i saw them less frequently and then it was only at the specialty stores (ones catering to specific ethnic populations) in the area we lived in. just this past winter i noticed a return of these items to our local national chain grocery stores-the butcher said their buyers were no longer able to selective about what they wanted to carry and that they had to just take whatever they could get.

My husband just got back from a Walmart grocery order pick up. First time it's ever happened they were out of Great Value 1% half gallon. They gave us Hiland 1% instead.

All these years I have gotten by with a side by side refrigerator/freezer. With youngest son giving up his Detroit apt. (Pursuing his PhD at Wayne State U) and moving home, I invested in a medium chest freezer and purchased a Food Saver, vacuum sealer for food. Now I am buying in bulk and breaking it down and vacuum sealing what I can. Finally, my Sam’s Club membership is coming in handy.

TC :cool1:

Not sure if it's supply chain or nearly two years of people working remotely, but struggling to find dress clothes right now on store shelves. Athleisure, which there is an abundance of, isn't going to cut it for my grandmother's funeral

Not sure if it's supply chain or nearly two years of people working remotely, but struggling to find dress clothes right now on store shelves. Athleisure, which there is an abundance of, isn't going to cut it for my grandmother's funeral
Oh, it's a problem. I've been back in the office since October and have been looking for a some new things. I talk to the store workers every time I go shopping. The stores made a conscious decision to pull office attire off the shelves because no one was buying it but they said they are making the change to get it back into stores, but it's coming slowly. The best success I've had is the Ann Taylor Factory store which is near my house: many styles of dress pants, dressy "leggings", dresses, skirts, etc. They seem to be getting stuff in waves so I'll go in once and it will be full, people will buy it up, and then it's spare for a bit. Banana Republic Factory store has been much slower but it's starting. The regular Ann Taylor and Banana Republic seem to have more but I generally don't buy from them unless I've got a coupon or something because they can be pricey. I've had good luck ONLINE with Nordstrom Rack for dresses and shoes. I have to return a lot but it's really close to my house so not a problem.

Now if you shop at some place like Kohl's, they are pretty tragic. Nothing. I will usually buy one or two pieces a year from them--a jacket or a layering sweater but they've got nothing related to office attire.

Hurray!!! Cream cheese was almost back to normal at Shop Rite. There were two or three flavors of whipped still missing, but Kraft Philadelphia Veggie was there. The blocks of both Philly and SR brand were abundant. They have a code of February 13 to 22 so I bought three tubs of veggie and 4 blocks to make a cheesecake or other Christmas desserts.

I find it hilarious that some people that want weed legal, claim that it does not affect their mental status and yet we have these mandates because we know it does. This is just the start of issues with making weed legal since most blue collar jobs have drug testing now. I am not saying that it should or shouldn't be legal, not at all, just that we are now seeing the side affects of it.

DH works in a resturant supply warehouse and since the company has truck drivers who do their deliveries everyone is subject to random drug testing. I won't let DH eat poppy seed muffins or anything with poppy seeds in it due to the fact that it can show up as a certain illegal drug in some people. It is something that we just don't want to risk. Lucky for me he prefers chocolate chip or blueberry.

Things that we have had trouble finding in my area

Dryer sheets (my mom not me as I have used dryer balls since 2007 and while I prefer the wool ones I do have some older plastic ones I can use)

Downy unscented free and clear fabric softener (again my mom-she was not happy that all she could find was s nuggle and a sented one at that as she needs unscented free and clear. Really she needs to just start using the dryer balls like I do)

Walmart brand depends for our special needs teenager especially at the largest busiest store in our area. I can often find them at the smaller town store in the opposite direction but it does mean making a trip there more often. I actually go shopping at that store on a regular basis because the one in the small city we are in more often during the week I can't stand. End up parking half a mile away, staff refuses to help, no nice benches through the store to sit and take a rest or just double check your shopping list without standing in someones way, people have had damage to their vehicles, ect. Where the smaller town one I go to (so does my dad) most of the time you can park fairly close to the door, never any problems in the parking lot (helps that the local police patrol it on regular basis where the other one they might show up if someone pulls a gun that one they are there is customers start a verbal altercation), if you ask an employee for assistance even if something is not in their area that you need they will either take you to find it or find someone who knows where it is. I have had employees in that store tell me even a few weeks later oh this item you were looking for came back in stock and it is located here if you still need it.

A few times that fat free milk has been out so we have had to go with 2% and at times even a half gallon so that we did have milk in case DH could not get some at Winco which is the only store open past 11 pm in our area so he can stop and get some after he gets off between 1 and 4 am.

A few times that Tractor Supply (both locations in my area and I am not driving close to 3 hours one way to the next closest store) were out of the 40 pound bag of multi cat dry cat food (we have 3 cats and since we have a feed bin that holds 42 pounds of food we buy in bulk and then only have to purchase every 2.5-3 months on average) so we ended up having to switch back to the 35 pound bag of paws and claws for a while (which one cat liked as he was not happy when we switched them as he doesn't like the flavor of the multi cat as much. We had switched them after their 3 year vaccines in April 2019 because of kitties pushing weight problems especially him. They are made by the same company but the multi cat is higher in protein and lower in fat percentage than the paws and claws. both are brands that tend to be purchased by ranchers for their barn cats as they run about the same as 2 large bags of meow mix or several bags of purina. It is not unusually for farmers and ranchers in my area to have no idea how many cats they have as it is depended on if someone has dropped off some unwanted ones, how many have been lost to vehicles on the roads especially if the place is near a highway, hawks, owls, eagles, coons, ect. Then there is which mamas have kittens hidden some where and will bring them out when she is tired of feeding them and they are old enough to go here kids this is where the food is but you better be here when it is served or hidden around corners and in the shaddows to move in as soon as the human leaves because it is gone almost immediately and if you snooze you loose till the next day or sometimes that evening.

The stock a few months ago was wiped out. I went today and they had some but not much of a selection. Mine are so worn on the bottom that there is no tread left and I slip all over the place.

What does that have to do with supply chain issues 🙄

meant the rambling post about having a phone line.

Well, to get us back on track....my 90 year old father-in-law just called to complain that he can't get his go-to frozen dinners for him and my MIL. They do a lot of chicken pot pies, frozen lasagna, stuffed shells...etc. My FIL is in charge of cooking and that's easiest for him. So we're going to try and find him some stuff around here to bring down next weekend. They do live in an area with lots of senior neighborhoods, and so frozen food is apparently pretty popular.

Today I went to Kroger to get the stuff on a list from church to make up a Thanksgiving basket. They were totally out of all cranberry sauce.

They are now calling this the Great Resignation. More people quit last month than ever recorded. Many people want to stay home and raise their children, home school etc. If told they need to come back to an office they quit instead. Working from home is the new norm. We started working from home in tech over 10 years ago. It’s been a superior experience. Worker choice / worker freedom / worker power.

They are now calling this the Great Resignation. More people quit last month than ever recorded. Many people want to stay home and raise their children, home school etc. If told they need to come back to an office they quit instead. Working from home is the new norm. We started working from home in tech over 10 years ago. It’s been a superior experience. Worker choice / worker freedom / worker power.

Yes, totally true. We have over 11 million job vacancies....and only 7 million unemployed people.

so very sorry. Haven’t seen that in USA yet. I don’t know how anyone could like that.
Actually the grocery stores in central CT have a lot of empty cat food shelves. But for some reason the feed store (Agway) has plenty of our brand,

Went to the dealer to get my free oil change. Their service staff was almost non-existent with signs saying they were short workers.

I found this story interesting today. 60% of those who left the workforce are over 55 and many have permanently retired.

So many have said the lack of employees was the youngsters. This says otherwise.

https://www.businessinsider.com/lab...retired-early-pandemic-not-going-back-2021-11
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...ng-share-of-older-u-s-adults-are-now-retired/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter