• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the nicest thing you've ever bought at WDW?

My favorite piece has to be the resin figure of Mickey and the Firefighter. I was thrilled to see that it was affordable as it was because I would have paid 3 times the price willingly. We bought it at the Main Street Gallery during our September trip.

We also have a tradition of picking up at least one nice Christmas ornament each year that we go. I loved the one from this year with tourist Minnie and Mickey that says "Our Disney Vacation" and has Tink spreading pixie dust as she flies around the ball. It was a neat reminder of our awesome vacation.

The piece the I just have to have on the next trip is the Lilo & Stitch sericel "Viva La Hula" but I am thinking that I will buy it before we travel, store it, make an excuse for not buying it while we are there, and then come home and find it under the tree. I think my honey will love it. Mickey

I think owning the nicest thing I ever bought at WDW has brought new awareness and changed the minds of alot of people I know about what WDW is like.

A couple of years agoat Epcot's UK, I bought a small Lulu Guiness bag. When I saw the display -I was really surprised. I don't think at the time here in the midwest any of the department stores were carrying them. (they do now.) Those things are pretty expensive - but I found a very simple little shell - shaped clutch with rosebuds embroidered in it. I treasure it! And when people ask where I got it and I say WDW, I can tell they are surprised at how good the shopping is there!

What a fun post! Shopping is one of my favorite things to do at WDW. My most treasured find is a Tinkerbell pin, done in Swarovski crystals, that I bought in the jewelry store on Main Street in MK. I wear it whenever I need some extra pixie dust (remember when they used to sell that, too, in the little bottles?).

Nancy:earsgirl:

Where is the best place to find nice jewlery? My DH said he would buy me a nice mickey ring. I said only if I reach my goal of losing 28 pounds before our next trip. I need some motivation. Is the jewelry store on Main Street the best?

The thing I enjoy the most is actually pretty simple. I bought three different packages of the WDW pens, the ones that have five fat ink pens in a package for $10. I keep them all in a container beside the telephone. Every time I take a phone message or sign a field trip permission form ;) , I think of WDW and smile. :)

...and I forgot to add that we own so many of the music CDs, even from Cirque....they are great to clean house by. :p ;) :p

The most expensive thing we've ever bought at WDW was dinner at Victoria & Albert's! LOL

But... let's see... we buy Christmas ornaments each trip, my DH usually comes home with a whole new TIGGER wardrobe after each trip, a 25th anniversary print of the castle by a Japanese artist on our 2001 trip, a 2000 print with a ton of the characters with each park represented, our Mickey & Minnie bride & groom ears which we had personalized, and my DH's TIGGER grill apron that I bought him last trip.

We LOVE to shop!!

loveswdw

The nicest thing for me - the 14K Mickey ears charm that DH bought for my charm bracelet.

What a fun thread. I have enjoyed reading about everyone else's favorite, so here are mine:

1. Stuffed Minnie for DDthen3. We got her in FW on our last day in the parks. Not the giant one, but a pretty good sized one. All around WS, Minnie road in the stroller all buckled in while DD walked most of it. Minnie had to be comfy (and safe!)

2. A bottle of wine from each country that sells it in WS. Hard to do if flying, but awesome if driving!!!

Went to the westside and went to Memorblia and bought an autograph picture framed of Jon Bon jovi for 800.00 and had the shipp it home It was my christmas present from my hubby, we collect autograph pics.
Mrsmom

1. Stuffed Minnie for DDthen3. We got her in FW on our last day in the parks. Not the giant one, but a pretty good sized one. All around WS, Minnie road in the stroller all buckled in while DD walked most of it. Minnie had to be comfy (and safe!)
I had to laugh at this comment added by jwsqrdplus2 .

I remember on our first trip to WDW, my younger sister and I both got a pretty big Minnie and a Mickey.I loved those toys, and i thought I was really great!

Anyway, they took up too much room in the luggage, so I had to carry them through the airport and they would have to be my "carry - ons" on the plane.
The only problem was that my little sis (6), totally refused to carry them, so there i was, walking through the terminal and checking on to the plane with these FOUR HUGE MICE!!!!

I sure got some funny looks, but most just laughed at me!

By the way, I still have those MICE in my bedroom!

Carene

We ( DH, me and DD ( 2 at the time)) all picked an oyster in Japan and had the resulting pearls set in a pendant for me. My husband's was normal looking, DD's was normal but HUGE and mine was a beautiful pewter color. The CM made a big deal about mine and DD's which was fun. I wore it everyday until the bale broke. Now I am afraid to wear it and have not had time to fix it. It reminded me of that trip each day...and it was beautiful! This trip we will do the same but maybe have DD's put in her own setting for special times.
This trip we are starting a charm bracelet for DD. we will pick a charm from each park we go to. I have one that we built for years when I was little and I cherish it.

We were among the brave souls at WDW during the Millennium celebration.

During the week between Christmas and NYE, they had a special sericel at MGM for sale. Not only is it a wonderful momento, they had seven Disney animators there to sign the matting! It was such a thrill to meet these talented people.:D

My DH surprised me with a beautiful silk kimono type robe from "Japan", which I love. Our favourites are also T shirts and Mickey Mouse Watches.

The best thing though for me is the Freesia perfume that I bought in Epcot Britian. I bought it when we were in WDW on our honeymoon, and I wore it then. Whenever I wear it now it transports me to WDW and our beautiful honeymoon. Everytime I go I buy another bottle so I never run out!

I have enjoyed reading this thread. I tend to buy the usual t-shirts, the yearly Christmas ornament and small things like pens and rulers. My dd always gets her face painted and this past year she started with the hair wrap.

Since we go every year I wanted to find one thing to collect, that is somewhat costly, and have that be our "treat." I think I found it, there is a store in Epcot right next to Spaceship Earth that sells what looks like Lenox character figurines. Well, this May I plan to start my collection and buy one. That will be the most expensive item that I ever purchased at Disney. I did buy some tankards from MK back in 94 that are really cute, but I am now older and have a finer appreciation for Lenox!

I've learned my lesson. If I want something for myself that I see at WDW I'm just going to buy it, otherwise I am likely to never have it

That is so true! You never know if you'll see it again. I feel very fortunate that I got the set that I wanted because I lusted for far too long before sucumbing.

JRoglitz, no one jewelry store is "the best," but if you can only get to one I'd go to the World of Disney at DD and check out their jewelry department. If you have time, though, look through every jewelry store there, including the little jewelry counters in some of the resort stores. You never know what they'll have that you haven't seen yet. It's especially fun when you have a specific thing you're looking for, like you do. Good luck on the weight loss!

I've learned my lesson. If I want something for myself that I see at WDW I'm just going to buy it, otherwise I am likely to never have it
That is so true! You never know if you'll see it again. I feel very fortunate that I got the set that I wanted because I lusted for far too long before sucumbing.
You bet that this is sooooo true!!
And I know from personal experience when discovering a Tinkerbell ladies watch in a store, and then it "vanishing off the face off the earth never to be seen in another WDW store again".(LOL)

Carene

On our last trip I bought a beautiful wooden lion wind chime at my favorite park - can you guess which? Of course, AK! The wind chime is quite large and they wrapped it up nicely so it wouldn't get smooshed on our long train ride home. After this long winter, we finally got a nice day to open up the windows and I was so glad to hear those bamboo chimes. I was right back in Harambe!

One item, which I actually didn't purchase (my dad and brother went and brought it back for me) was a Classic Pooh clock, I'm guessing from the shop in UK at World Showcase...it is wonderful and I love it (we put it in our Classic Pooh nursery).

The second, I found at MGM, a Mickey Mouse watch. The band looks like Mickey's clothes, and over the face is a Mickey hand that you lift to see the time! My boys always want to play with it, so I rarely wear it, but I'll have it on for this next trip!

Oh gosh, I've bought so many things at WDW...especially when I was on the college program with a 20% discount plus access to property control! At property control, they sell damaged merchandise to CMs for 75% off! I spent over $100 there so you can imagine how much I bought. Sometimes the damage is as little as a spot on a t-shirt that comes out in the wash. I have the cutest Disney shirts that I got both from there and from the park itself. One of my favs, I bought while on vacation last year- a bright pink shirt with picture of Belle pointing off to the side with her thumb. It says "I'm with the Beast" hehehe. I saw it and just had to have it! I got much attention when I wore it at the parks because it's so bright.

The most expensive thing I bought was a $150 Belle statuette from the art gallery on Main Street. I'd never ever bought something like that before. I spent a good hour in that store staring at the figure in the glass case trying to talk myself out of splurging. Needless to say, it didn't work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter