• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the nicest thing you've ever bought at WDW?

DVCajun

<font color=red>If you believe in Magic you belong
Another thread made me think of this one. I actually have two things, both purchased on our last trip in March. The first is one of those neat crystal blocks that has the 3D images inside etched mysteriously with bubbles (I have no idea how they accomplish this). We had them take a picture of DS on his 1st birthday and now that crystal block is sitting on my desk. It's beautiful and it is something I'll treasure forever. Of course, this wasn't cheap, but it's such a special item, and it was such a special occasion, that I could justify the expense to myself.

The second is a necklace and bracelet set that I have been lusting after for at least two years. When I first saw it I knew it was *mine*!! :D Then I saw the pricetag. :eek: The next trip I lusted after it again, and then again, and.... well, you get the picture. Well, this trip when I went to do my traditional lusting slobbering routine in the jewelry department I saw that they had cut the price by about 2/3rds!!! It was a sign from above!! I wear the set every chance I get and I know it's something I'll never tire of. I'm not really a jewelry person, but if something really pushes my buttons I'm a sucker. ;)

On our second trip to WDW my wife and I went into "The Art of Disney" in Downtown Disney. We decided to buy a set of hand painted cells. We have them hanging now in our little girl's room along with all of the lithographs from movie purchases and disney bean border.

The nicest thing was a dress for my 5-year-old daughter. All our kids were allowed to pick out a souvenier on our trip this past April and our 5-year-old said she wanted a princess dress. I told her no, because I thought it was a waste....she'd wear it once or twice...maybe Halloween...and then it would get thrown out.
Well, the poor little thing got a stomach virus the next to last night there and on the final day stayed in bed all day...getting sick.
Me and my other two kids went out shopping...and bought her Belle's dress...absolutely beautiful.
The look on her face...even though she felt so horrible...was priceless! What an investment!

I got the set of prints of Classic Pooh. It was the Pooh characters in the 4 seasons. I also got a Peter Ellenshaw Print.

My husband bought me a WDW commemorative Steiff bear from "Germany" in Epcot in 1999 for my birthday. It was a great surprise as he snuck around and arranged to pay for it and have it delivered to the room without me catching on. I love it to this day!!

Wow.. I've bought so much stuff at WDW, it's hard to remember.

I have received some great stuff as gifts: one of the crystal blocks mentioned above, a GIANT stuffed Pluto.

Out of things I've bought myself, I'd have to pick two: a purse I bought in Japan at Epcot, which I get lots of compliments on, and some pieces of a Classic Pooh kitchen set.

In 1999, I brought the cutest mickey charm bracelet watch. I get tons of compliments on it.

Well I didn't purchase it, but last year when we were there, my parents were in DD - and bought this beautiful crystal tinkerbell for my mother.

My dad looked around and found a crystal Cindy's Castle for me - it's just beautiful ! My daughter wants it in her room - but no dice!

I just love it !!!

We bought Mickey watches for the entire family. Three in all! We wear them all the time.

For several years I have wanted a wooden clock from the Germany pavillion at Epcot. I knew which one and would "visit" it every time I came to Disney World. Last year my husban brought it for me for our 9th anniversary and had it delivered to our room.

Also I had a bead necklace made with my children's names. Between each name is a Mickey piece. I hang it from my rear view mirror so I see it every day.

Sam

On our honeymoon I bought my first ever Mickey watch with interchangeable rings around the face. I love it so much and it reminds me of our honeymoon each time I look at it. On our next trip, we will be bringing our 2 sons for the first time and I plan on buying another watch for me and if I can find ones that fit the boys, for them too!

my husband bought an expensive Mickey watch at Magic Kingdom that he wears all of the time, except when he is at work. He gets lots of compliments on it, and is glad he purchased it. This year, he has no idea what he wants to get

I did tell him he could just buy me something :D

My favorite, but not expensive, gift I purchased is a small stuffed Pooh bear at Dixie Landings 2 years ago. I to this day have never seen another one like it, and the face on it is adorable. It has a crocheted sweater with Pooh on it and sits on my desk at work. I also love my Winnie the Pooh picture frame I purchased at Magic Kingdom, which I put a picture of me with Pooh in it. When you press the frame, it says " Life is so much friendlier with 2". And one more thing - the Pooh Santa hat I found at the Christmas store in DTD. I wear it every Christmas with my Pooh outfit.

We'll see what trinkets fancy me this year, although I am on the lookout for a Winnie the Pooh print - anything Pooh will do, though :earseek:

I bought a poster of DANCING MICKEY at the art of Disney store at DD. It was only $20 (but I'm from Canada so it was more like $32 for us).

It was not an over the top thing and once I got home I had it framed. It looks like I paid hundreds for it and hangs over the couch and I love it.

I also love the miniature Mickey ears that I have hanging in the car.....I think of DIsney everyday for a mere $4.:)

Probably one of the least expensive things I've ever bought there is one of my favorites. A blown glass manatee from Aribas Bros. in Epcot.

It's a very small piece, only about three inches long and two inches high. He's sitting on my desk looking at me right now )

Anne

Right before we left for WDW last Thanksgiving, we purchased High School "Letter Jackets" for two of our daughters. (They didn't think they would be getting them until Christmas)

Well, while we were at WDW, my husband bought me the "100 years of Disney" leather jacket. He said that this was MY letter jacket. My school of course is University of Mickey ! My husband is such a great guy!!

My favorite thing is my hundred years T-shirt. I wear it all the time, I love it so much. I can't wait to wear it when I go to Disney in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

My decorative goose egg that is filligreed and has rhinestones applied to it. It hangs from a stand. I got it at Uptown Jewelers in the Magic Kingdom in 1994.

Well... I thought and thought and thought about this question, and because my wife loves to shop I have had a lot of things to decide from. I finally narrowed it down to a glass sculpture we purchased on our honeymoon. I am sure people have seen these. It is a square shaped slab of glass In each corner there is a character etched into the glass goofy, donald, pluto, minnie. The corners of the glass are curved upwards slightly and the stand that this piece of glass lies on is a thicker, yet smaller. It has four spheres that the bigger piece of glass sit on and in the middle of the stand is a large etching of the mouse himself.

I love my Disney t-shirts and usually buy a couple new ones each time that I visit. Its really hard to pick the nicest thing that I've purchased, but I'll have to go with the Disney traffic sign that I purchased at the Test Track gift shop a couple years ago. Its a large bright yellow diamond with black silhouettes of Mickey, Donald, and Goofy with the words X-ING underneath. I have it on the wall of my cube at work and it takes me back to the magic every day.

My youngest son's (21 y.o.) favorite souvenir is his Rock 'N Roller Coaster hockey jersey....expensive but well worth it.

Sondra

Like cd&kids little 5 year old, I found myself VERY ILL last January while at OKW. I have severe seafood allergies and I think I ate something that had a seafood base without knowing. Anyway, it happened to be my birthday and even tho' I have 32 years on that little girl my Mom was nice enough to by me a denim button down shirt with a little mickey embroidered on the pocket that I really wanted but wouldn't spend the money on myself. Thanks Mom!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter