What's the nicest thing you've ever bought at WDW?

Wow, what a great thread! Let's see I love my "Been There Done
That, Goin Back" Bumper Sticker and Sunshade for car. But, my
all time favorite and $$ item was the "Partners" statue of
Walt & Mickey like the one in front of the castle. I love it and
it reminds me of Disney everyday!

We just got back in May and were lucky enough to stay at the beautiful Animal Kingdom Lodge ($134 a night). I loved the way the Lodge was decorated. I purchased giraffes from the gift shop. I got one for each one of us - four--a daddy, mommy, and two little ones. I LOVE THEM!!

Originally posted by UKAnnie

2. My little Tinkerbell (the one on a wire with a suction pad at the end). She hangs near my rear view mirror and reminds me every day of the magic of Disney.

Ive got this and love it!!! IMO shes sprinkling Pixie Dust as I drive and its keeping us safe!!!:earsgirl:

Originally posted by RweTHEREyet

My commemorative popcorn buckets that hold exactly 1 bag of microwave popcorn to sneak into the movies at home

Got this too!!! Actually have 4 differnet ones thas yes I also lugged home and use it all the time. Mostly for the same thing as RweTHERE, popcorn for my DTwins. It just brings me right back to the park!!:earsgirl:

I bought beautiful black pearl & gold earrings at China in EPCOT. They were pretty expensive but I coudn't resist. Also a jade green pure silk short kimono with an embroidered dragon on the back.

I wonder what I'll buy this year?

Louise

The nicest thing we've bought (so far) is the Waterford crystal Mickey ears we got in 2000. They make us smile every time we look at them.

Originally posted by CdnDisneyFan
How much ARE the cutouts/silhouettes?? I am planning a trip for November, and would LOVE to get one done.

Thanx

Jules

Hi, Jules!
I believe each framed silhouette was $10. The frame is a hard plastic black oval.

The silhouette artist was located near the ice cream shop on Main Street in MK. I actually got the idea from these boards before we went to the Millenium celebration at WDW in Dec 2000.

Mine is hanging on the wall in my formal dining room. My DD
looks just like an antique cameo. I love it!

--minniemamadrama:p

On our honeymoon we bought a framed pencil drawing of The Duchess and Thomas O'Malley signed by the artist.
Also, an old original movie poster of The Arisocats at that little store in MGM as you go in the main gate to the left.

Oops, almost forgot, in December of 2000 when the Millenium village was up, I bought a black jewelry box for my mom from Korea for Christmas, it had a white egret looking bird and a blazing reddish orange sunset behind it- the box had a lacquered look to it and the bird/sunset looked pearlescent in nature (probably mother of pearl?)- it's really pretty. I should have bought one for myself-dang!

1.I collect Disney snowglobles. On our last trip my DH and DS bought me a three layer snowglobe about WDW. now they sell it at the Disney store.
2. On our first trip DS, with DH help, bought me a fresh water pearl necklace.

I have an Umbrella Eeyore from the Hummel Shop in Germany and I have a WDW 30th Anniversary Leather Jacket. I actually got this on sale for half off!! ;)

Does anyone have any additional information on the crystal blocks. Cost? Location? I think I saw them at Epcot when we were there last but are they located anywhere else? Would love to get one of my DD on our next trip. Thanks!

My 3 favorite things we've purchased are: 1. The Mickey desk lamp, from the Yacht Club, Mickey's wearing a nautical outfit 2. My husbands Mickey coffee mug 3. My Tinkerbell coffee mug. Oh yeah and I love my Disney 2000 workout bag!

I bought a pair of pearl earrings at a shop in MGM. These earrings had two loops of 14K gold and were actually a not so hidden Mickey. Well, I wanted them for myself but I gave them to my SIL for her birthday, she loved them.

Next trip I went to buy some for myself and there were none to be found. It was only a couple of months later, too.

I've learned my lesson. If I want something for myself that I see at WDW I'm just going to buy it, otherwise I am likely to never have it :(

DH and I had our first trip together in December 2000. We decided to buy an ornament from every country in Epcot to put on our Christmas tree. Well not every country had ornaments to purchase so we improvised. We have a silver spoon from United Kingdom and a miniature Eifel tower from France. Every year since we remember with fondness our first experience there together. Leaving tomorrow with DH and DS 18 mnths old(our little souvenier) to experience it all again.

My sterling silver, rhinestone, Mickey pinky ring. Bought it at Downtown Disney. Got a size 4 which fit in Florida, but when I returned to the 5 degrees in Michigan, it slipped right off at some point and I never found it.:( E-mailed DD store to buy a size 3 (daughter & I both saw them there) but they say the smallest size if 4. ~:( ~

Its fun reading everyone's things....except for the jewlery.

We bought that dark green crystal stuff in the German place. A vase, a pitcher, glasses, real nice stuff and it looks real good...we at least it did.

We moved to Fla six years ago, our house down here is nowhere near the size of our NY home. We have had our dining room in storage for six years....with all that cool stuff.

Also in storage is one of those porcelein statue things from italy.

We will eventually get it back

Let's see, there are the colorful carved wooden beads from Pirates of the Carribbean--and the green crystal goblets from Germany--and the cannister of Garden View Blend tea from the Grand Floridian--how can we choose? We'll just have to go back to judge all the selections again! (But we're not getting anything in France).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter