• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whats the NICEST thing that has happened to you at WDW???

Nothing super exceptional on this last trip but just those little things that put smiles on your faces...

Put in a riverview room at POFQ. So beautiful to walk out in the morning with the mist over the river.

Able to get an outside seat at Tony's to watch Spectromagic while we ate.

Finished eating just in time at Rose & Crown to go down to a small R/C viewing area and watch Illuminations.

and

my son telling me....'You know, I think I need to be paying for the next trip here - hopefully next year' - WOW! (He is graduating from college in May)

:wizard: Very cool thread!
We had lots of great magical moments at Disney but my favorite thing any CM did was kind of a combo one. Our first day at Disney we did MGM. DH is a big Indiana Jones fan so when we saw it at MGM it was a definate thing he wanted to do. We barely managed to get over there in time for the show to start. DH did not care about seating he just wanted to see it and the kids were not that interested in going to it before we saw it. DS is in a w/c and when we came in and asked where we should go he asked me if he wanted to sit down front? Well DH's eyes lit up and he said yes we would love that he directed us to another CM who led us down the side ramp and put us in the front row on the side (we were about the only ones in the section I guess they were super slow). As the show went by the kids really started to enjoy it ... especially since we were close enough to feel the heat from the explosions. Anyway the second scene when he was leaving the stage to go get set up for the next scene he ran over and approached DS and gave him a big high five and said hey buddy. I was amazed at how much my sons face lit up. :goodvibes I thought it was sooo cool that he thought to do something like this! DS watched the show intently after that. I think my DH was just as excited as DS was. I teared up watching his huge smile. It was very very cool! The only thing I am sick about is I did not catch it on film :rotfl: . He still talks about it anytime someone brings up MGM. :wizard:

Okay, ours is very small, but like others have posted-it meant alot to us at the time!

2 years ago I was on this site and made up cards from the Disney Secrets thread. The big thing the boys wanted to do was call for George in the POC ride. Well, we get to our spot...yell George 3 times and not but 10 seconds later the ride stops and gets stuck. Problems I know, and they happen all the time on that ride, but the boys soaked it all in and were "convinced" George heard them. Well, my 12yr old was not convinced so much and after we got off the ride he went up to the CM. He told him that he yelled George 3 times and the CM said, "we wondered what happened! He is always causing us trouble" You should have seen ds face! It was so funny and the younger kids just ate it up. Everytime we go back we yell George and tell the Cm's after. Last year, the CM told us he didn't know what we were talking about. DS10 asked this time. Well the boys were crushed. As we were preparing to ride again, I told him to go ask the CM at the entry. He did and she looked at me and I winked at her. She then goes on to say that the other CM was new and didn't know about George yet. And on and on she went. My boys were happy again! Isn't Disney great!

Isn't it just amazing what a few quick seconds can do to make an impact that lasts years later? Maybe if we all treated everyone this way all the time the world would be a better place:goodvibes but then again, would Disney loose some of it's wonderful "magic" that way:confused3 I guess we will never know. I tell people all the time when they ask why we go to Disney so much. The park is the cleanest most magical place in the world. The cm's there litteraly go out of their way to make you feel like you are the only guest there. Very cool:thumbsup2

tracy

When I was there my friend and I were waiting on a 60 min line for Dinosaur. These two girls from Argentina asked us if we wanted to go with them because they had a fast pass that allowed up to four people! Its nice that everyone in Disney seems to be in a better mood :)

We were visiting the Magic Kingdom last Sept. and while riding It's A Small World, my youngest DS2 started getting fidgety and wanted to play in the water. My oldest DS7, graciously gave him his Pal Mickey (which by the way was VERY special to him, from his first ever trip to WDW) to hold until the ride was over. Well, wouldn't you know it - DS2 threw Mickey overboard into the water where he just floated away before we could grab him. DS7 was DEVASTATED!!! He was still crying when we got off, and a super nice CM asked if everything was OK - we explained what had happened, and he offered to go in and look for it. After about 20 minutes, he came back and said that he saw it, but it was out of reach, even with his long pole. He then took DS7 to the nearest gift shop and GAVE him a brand new anniversary edition Pal Mickey!!! I couldn't believe it - and of course I cried! He then also gave us fastpasses for the ride of our choice for the time we "wasted" while looking for Mickey! Disney is just SO awesome!!! :goodvibes

Oh, so many nice things happened on our trip last month. Let's see, which one was the nicest?

The one that springs to mind first happened on our second day (really, our first full day). We were at WL and had an ADR at the Concourse Steakhouse. Being a newbie, I figured that being at the boat docks 40 minutes before the ADR would give us plenty of time. Unfortunately, 20 minutes went by with no sign of a boat!

So we ran out front to the bus stop, hoping there would be a bus to the TTC or MK, where we could take the monorail and maybe make it to our ADR not too late. Unfortunately, the only bus there at the time was for DTD!

As I was despairing, DW spotted a taxi van approaching the main entrance to WL. As it was letting out passengers, she suggested we head over there. I replied that there was no way we would be able to make it in time, and even if we did, the taxi probably had to pick someone up anyway.

But, at DW's urging, we headed over. And as the last passenger left the van, someone else approached the driver and seemed to be asking him questions. As they continued talking, I kept hoping that it would at least prevent him from driving away.

As luck would have it, just as we got within speaking range, the woman walked away! Perfectly timed!

Out of breath, I asked the driver, "Can you take us to the Contemporary? We have a dinner reservation 8 minutes from now." He replied, "Sure, that's so close!"

We gratefully got in, and I asked the driver what the charge would be. (I wanted to have the money ready so there would be no delay when we were dropped off.) "No charge, it's so close" came the reply!

He drove quickly and got us through the gates and to the Contemporary's main entrance within just a few minutes. We gave him a nice tip and thanked him profusely, then ran into the hotel, went up the escalator, then ran up the stairs, rounded the corner, dashed to the check-in station at the Concourse, and let them know we were there as we gasped for breath. It was 1 minute before our ADR. :)

So that's one of the nicest things that happened to us: we got a ride to the Contemporary just exactly when we needed it, and it was offered to us for free!

one of the nicest things to ever happen to me was being at disney on my bday...it was amazing how much attention they give you. anyways myself and my father started the day at mgm, being that it was the first week of sept it was sooo empty to start the day. as we walked in we were suddenly greeted by a group of about 6 cm's who saw my mk bday pin and sang me happy birthday with lots of excitment and it got a whole crowd singing to me :goodvibes after they were finished they got me a mgm pin and gave me this little red sticker that said "pick me! pick me!" through that entire day i was litterally asked to participate on every ride that did that. (the evil laugh at indy, backlot tour, given the front middle seats in tot and front row at rnr. i couldnt believe it all...it was like someone called ahead of time and look for me. well anyways as it got later in the day we got tied up at lights motor action and were just minutes late to the last millionaire show. when we greeted the cm she said she was very sorry but they just shut the doors but she said let her check to see if there was anymore room so she came back and said hurry! we followed her right into two fastest finger seats on the floor and i was the second contestant chosen for the hotseat.... it was the best bday ever:yay:

Back in January 2000 I was looking for a Mickey plush where Mickey was holding 2000 between his hands. A friend who had been there at Christmas had one and Mickey was the one Souviener that I wanted. We were there for 10 days. I started looking each day everywhere for Mickey only to be told that he had sold out during the holidays. Kept checking every day. A young college castmember named Billy knew what I wanted and got my name and resort info from me. Our last day in the park I still had no Mickey and figured I would go home empty handed. Late that evening as we were packing our suitcases we got a call from Mouse gears--a shipment of Mickey 2000 arrived!!! The castmembers said that If we gave them our credit card number they would deliver it to our resort overnight and we could pick it up in the morning when we checked out, if we were not able to get to Epcot before leaving. we were able to get over to Epcot and picked up Mickey. I have a wonderful picture of me with Mickey, Castmember Billy and a few other castmembers who were trying to make my dream come true!:yay:

My mother lost her wallet with lots of cash park tix, and pictures! It was found at another park with everything in it!

I also left a bag full of merch. approx. $300. I left it on the bus and didnt realize it till much later, not only did I get it back but the bus I left it on (at epcot) brought it to my bus spot at coronado!

Really enjoying reading this thanks peeps:cheer2: and to thing the 1st post was early 2002
anyway, I have a couple...

1. My daughter collected pins and only collected the princesses pins, she received so much attention because she was keeping her lanyard themed. Like most kids she wanted to trade but was reluctant, and one CM traded but told her to keep hers, she was so made up.

2. Lining up for winnie the pooh ride a lady in the ride notices her princess collection and notes she was missing snow white, she procedes to take a snow white of her lanyard and give it to my dd, that was a tear jerk moment.

3. We went WDW over christmas, I made up small gifts of UK Chocolate to give to any servers we had on xmas eve, xmas day, new years, only a bar of chocolate, xmas day we had a breakfast at MK Crystal palace, I handed the waitress her present and thank her for serving us on this special day, she was clearly touched. She later brought us some love bits for the kids, which of course mum nicked for her scrapbook.

4. Our final day we did breakfast at Chef Mickeys, I want a signed autograph of Mickey to a little boy at the school I work at, he has autism and knew that I was going to see Mickey Mouse, well I asked our waitress, not only did she get a personally signed autograph, with the childs name, but she got it on a photo with mickey on it, now that made me cry, I love this little boy so much and so wanted him to know that Mickey knew him.

5. Note my name.....our 1st day over xmas was spent in DAK we got there for rope drop, we walk around the corner...who was there all on his own.....TIGGER...OMG, I stopped in my tracks I had tigger all to myself for at least 10 minutes, I did let my dd have a hug but this just made everything right.

were else in the world can we get such magic.

thanks for 'listening'

My most magical memory, apart from walking down Main Street for the first time when I was 11, would have to be my 21st birthday last November (you can see my cake in my sig). I was wearing my birthday button and lots of CMs wished me happy birthday throughout the day. When we got on Tower of Terror the CM (one of the really good ones the really gets into the role!) asked me in that cool voice, "Oh is it your biiiiiiirthday?!", and proceeded to sing Happy Birthday from thew Hollywood Tower Hotel to me. Everybody was looking, of course! popcorn::

Since moving to Florida in 2003, I have been celebrating my birthday in the parks. It is so great, my family doesn't get here til after my birthday so I have my Disney family to wish me happy birthday. This year I'll be with Captain Mickey and a few friends on the Magic for my 50th. I can't wait.

Last April my DD5 lost her princess crown. I went to the Epcot lost and found. The woman behind the counter diligently looked for the crown. After not finding it, she stated,"We can't have a princess without a crown". Then proceeded to give me a voucher to go and replace the crown.
WOW!!!!!princess:

My daughter, now 16, still talks about the nicest thing that happened during her first trip to WDW in 1995. We were in Fantasyland when we saw Jasmine over by a wall behind Dumbo. We got in line to get a picture and autograph. Right before it was our turn it was time for Jasmine to take a break. DD was only 4. She didn't say anything, but tears welled up in her eyes. Jasmine came over, asked DD for her name, and told DD that she had to leave, but she would be back in 15 minutes. If we could wait, she would see DD first. Well, of course we had to wait. Sure enough, 15 minutes later Jasmine walks out, sees DD, and calls her by name. For some reason no one else was around and DD got to spend a good 5-10 minutes talking to Jasmine. It was the highlight of her trip!!!!!

:D

I proposed to Piglet203 at the Beauty and the BEast show at MGM and she said yes!

Mickey76 :D

May I ask when? I saw a proposal at Beauty and the Beast and it was the sweetest thing ever! But it was back in 2004. I imagine they're reasonably (not everyday or anything) frequent.

In December, we were at MVMCP and were going to settle for a 4th row view of the Christmas Parade. Just before the parade started, a Dream Squad guy came up and asked if we'd like a better view of the parade. He took us to a roped-off area by the entrance to Liberty Square. We had a bench to sit on and an awesome view of the parade!

Over at Disneyland in December 2004, it was my birthday and I was wearing a button that said, "Today is my Birthday." A CM at Pinocchio's used her employee discount code to give us 20% off our dinner. Another CM slipped me a free rice crispy treat for dessert. Mickey and Minnie gave me hugs while we posed for pictures. Several people said Happy Birthday as I walked by. All the special attention really softened the fact that I had to turn 40!:lmao:

I have only encountered wonderful CMs during all my visits to the parks, but the nicest things happened to me on my birthday - I got to ride in front on several rides and every CM I encountered wished me a "Happy Birthday, Princess!" (I was wearing a tiara). . .they were so sweet! :goodvibes

Tigger's Pal, I loved your stories and your wonderful attention to the boy at the school you work at. How kind!

Remember the Magic, Wow, where did you get that birthday cake? Was it at a WDW restaurant? We have two birthdays there in September and I was wondering if I could arrange a similar one! Wow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter