Whats the NICEST thing that has happened to you at WDW???

PrincessAli

DIS Veteran
Several times during all our visits to WDW we have had things happen to us, by CM's that have added to our stay. We were given free cookies at the cookie stand inside the gate at MGM, our entire lunch order was free at Pecos Bills, because I didn't complain when an entire family pushed in front of me (they had tiny kids) while waiting in line. We celebrated an anniversary at the world and when we returned home, received a cute (inexpensive) wind-up mickey clock from our housekeeper. Anyone else have things like this happen to them?

We've come across many wonderful CM's at WDW. One that stands out is on my DD 3rd Bday we were riding Astro Orbiter and the CM working had the entire ride singing Happy Birthday to her.
It was very magical for her at 3 wondering how everyone knew it was her Bday.;)

We were there for th 25th anniversary and were allowed to watch the parade on Main Street. We originally headed in with the rest of the crowd but decided not to stay and when a CM asked how our day was my DH said it was not very good. He stopped us and asked what was wrong. I told him it was just too crowded and we were headed to another park. Main Street had been roped off and everyone was being coralled in through the back entrances. He said that there was room for a few more people to watch the parade and allowed us to go to Main Street. It was truly magical to be there for the big event and to see all the celebreties in the parade.

Everytime we are in WDW we have to go and get a pineapple spear. This one time we went we asked if they had any (I don't think they advertise that they sell them), and we were told that they did but they were very small. We both went awwwee, and the CM said "that's ok you can have them, they are too small for me to sell". We were very appreciative. Sometimes it's just the little things!

:D

I proposed to Piglet203 at the Beauty and the BEast show at MGM and she said yes!

Mickey76 :D

We were at the Haunted Mansion in MK last year in Nov. Our 3yo son Dylan who loves the story "Legend of Sleppy Hollow"(do you think this has anything to do with the fact that he was born on Friday the 13th exactly at midnight?) We stopped at the gift cart looking for anything from the story and they called one of the shops on main st and suggested we try there. We talked to a nice woman that worked there and she explained all that kind of stuff is put away after halloween and it would be in storage difficult to find, oh well thanks anyway. About 15 minutes later this woman finds us in the store and gives us a headless horseman beanie baby. What a treat! We will never forget her kind gesture. If any of your kids come home from pre-school telling spooky stories about sleepy hollow you will know that Dylan is in their class. SAM

When DS was younger we were in the line to have our photo/pic oppurtunity with Mickey in the tent in Toontown. We were the last in our group to go and Mickey spent about 5 minutes with us. We got all kinds of pics and it was truly special.

We went on a fishing excursion, a very early one and got over an extra hour on World Showcase Lagoon.

We were there at the beginning of the month on my DD's "Sweet 16". I made her wear the birthday button. The CM at HM stood up on the lamppost, got everyone's attention and sang to her. The CM piloting the JC also sang to her. It was so sweet!!! She was grinning from ear to ear.

We had ridden Test Track and I was shopping in the little gift shop that follows the ride exit. I was chatting with the CM behind the counter for a bit when my kids came up and said "Mommy, can we ride again?" I explained briefly to them that we would ride another day; we had used our fastpass and the regular queue (sp?) was miles long. The CM smiled and said to the kids "Wanna ride again?" and led us through doors and around gates and let us, very discreetly, join the line up by the fastpass entrance to ride a second time. It was such a treat and such an unexpected surprise. I felt like a real VIP and the kids were thrilled...

You know, I've never had anything like what is being described here happen to me. I guess on who is working.

Steven

Last year it was just DGD(7) and I. I'd read in the Unoffical Book that MK would probably open much earlier than the stated time...it was spring break. We got there way early, the first ones actually. Well, the park didn't open until the stated time, but my DGD got to be the gatekeeper and open the park. She got a certificate and they gave us a ride up Main St on a little fire truck!

The next night, at Rose & Crown, the hostess asked my DGD to "start" Illuminations. They gave her a glowing Star Wars looking wand to "start" the show with...everyone appauded her. She got another certificate.

Even though I told her those things were special and may never happen again, she's wanting to get to MK early one morning to see if she'll get to be gatekeeper again!

It was a very magical trip all around.

On my DS's first time to the MK, we also got there early and had this wonderful chat with an older CM who was at the gate. He too asked my DS to open the park . That was special enough but while we were waiting for them to start, all these characters came out to greet. One was Aladin. He took a likeing to my DS and talked a lot with him. When he found out that DS like Donald Duck the best he pretended to be hurt and then said your just whate right there, I will fix you. He went over to talk to some offical that was there to open the park and about 5 minutes latter, here comes Donald Duck. It was so unreal. We were the only ones past the gates and DS was in heaven.Aladin told Ds he would be looking for him through out the day and when we saw him latter, he remembered! So imprssive .Same trip, different day DS also got to open toon town. Solo time with Mickey Mouse.

Jordan's mom

We basically got a free meal at the Contemporary Concourse Steakhouse because we were honeymooning.

That was pretty nice :p

Then again - everything at Disney is nice.. ;)

My Dh prposed to me in the MK infront for Cin.Cas. It was beautiful. And when we got back to the room there was a room full of roses (from DH) and a bottle of champane from the hotel staff Congratulating us. I don't know what he would have done w/ it all if I'd said NO? We'll celebrate our 5th ann. at WDW in Dec!!! Did I get a keeper or what!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!

Two great moments-

DS's first time at MK- he was the gatekeeper

During Spectro my DH took DS to toontown. There was nobody there and he got to play with all 4 pooh characters by himself for ten minutes- go it all on video!

Another one for me...
got a PS at Cindy's on my first try ever!
It is for 8:05- the time I wanted and for my birthday!

Our housekeeper at POR left frames for my Mom and I on the last day (we tipped and left her candy every day).

We got upgraded to the Contemporary tower on my birthday trip this year. The Jungle Cruise operator offered to let me drive. My kids were chosen to introduce the British Invasion.

We lost our autograph books and hats which were all returned to us in the mail.

DS asked for extra cherries on his sundae and the CM gave him one dozen and a giant mound of whip cream bigger than his head! I wish I would have videotaped the look on his face when she handed it to him.

<font color=#0066ff>I'm getting all misty reading these lovely stories. *sniff*</font>

My 2 year old DD cut her finger in the MK and we went to the first aid station for a bandaid. Mickey Mouse himself held her other hand while the nurse cleaned the cut and applied the bandaid.

When my son was in his teens he split the seam in his shorts and a CM took us into a room where a lady mended them. They gave him a new pair of Mickey shorts. They gave us soft drinks and cookies. He was proud as could be when a week after we got home the CM sent him a picture of him in his new shorts.

Last August we went to our first E-night and it was also a night when Spectro was playing. We had gone back to the campsite in the after noon to swim and when we arrived at MK I couldn't believe how packed it was. We got our wristbands for enight and since the crowds were so heavy we couldn't even make it past the hub of Main street. The kids were disapointed that they would have trouble seeing the parade but were good sports about it. I struck up a conversation with a mother and teenage son next to us and they had the kids stand in front of them so they could see. The teenager also asked my son if he wanted to sit on his shoulders so he could see better, which my son declined. These wonderful people enjoyed sharing this parade they loved with my children and the looks on their faces were as enthralled as my little ones. This little kindness made all the difference that night.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter