• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whats the NICEST thing that has happened to you at WDW???

Hi TravelMom, thanks, I love my cake too! :thumbsup2 . It was in the Grand Floridian, from their bakery. I made a detailed post about it with more pictures on this page:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1173219&page=38

If you're seriously considering birthday cakes at Disney, this is the thread to read. I didn't even know it was possible to get them until I came across this thread before my trip last November. Let me know what you think! :)

Couple of years back DD lost her autograph book at the Toontown Fair. So a CM asks my wife if she´s ever met the park manager. After introducing her to the manager, he offered to replace the book with every autograph the CM could get til the end of the day.

I couldnt believe the park manager would take the time to be with some guests, and much less to replace not only the book, but a ton of autos!

I LUV THIS THREAD.....keep them coming people !!!!:)

I got to spend my 36th birthday at the Magic Kingdom with my friend Mark! It was great! I got wished "Happy Birthday" all day long from CM's and park guests. We got Dream Fastpasses on our 2nd ride. We also got a single fast pass for trying out the new Monster's Inc. show and answering some questions at the end. I got to go to the Pirate and Princess Party, too! While waiting for the fireworks, I went into Casey's to get a bottle of water. The CM also gave me a brownie! It was the best birthday ever! (Just don't tell my mom that! :rolleyes1 )

princess: Teresa

December 2006 - My daughter was pin trading with a CM near Playhouse Disney. The CM asked if we would like to be the Honorary family for the evening. We were allowed to enter from a side entrance and pick a place to sit before the line of people waiting were allowed inside. We were given a certificate and a Playhouse DVD. This was exciting, but what touched me the most was the CM who suggested we move back from the front row seat we had chosen to allow our 2 year old a better glimpse of the stage. As the audience filled the room a man sits in front of my 2 year old blocking his view. The CM immediately walks over and asks the man if he would scoot over to allow my son an unobstructed view.

We also happened to be in the right spot in DD to recieve the YOMD lanyards - we got 6 of them. My children pin trade so we were excited to recieve these beautiful pins and lanyards.

My son was very excited as we entered MK one morning. The CM who noted his enthusiasm began talking with us. After a few minutes she asked if he would like a private 1 on 1 with Cinderella. Yes! My son had seen the castle and wanted to know where's Cinderella????

We struck up a conversation with a very nice CM in AK one day as my daughter was pin trading. We told her about our Plahouse certificate. She reached into her bag and pulled out 6 Honary citizen buttons - mentioning we should have received these because of our magical moment. She also gave my daughter an extra cutie she had been trying to find. I had tears in my eyes as she talked about the YOMD promotion and how it effected the CM's. They were experiencing first hand the power they have to touch our lives and make lifetime memories.

We had many other moments - so many that we have been discussing our "how can we spread the magic during our next trip" dinner talks with our children. Look for our magic to be spread in WDW - March 7-12 2007.

While at MGM on the second of Feb we had another guest come up and give us their unused Dream Fast Passes. They had only come into the park to ride ToT and RnR and so wouldn't use them they said. It turned out that we idn't use them either as it was so quiet that day there was no need:thumbsup2 .

Now we have them at home, still in mint condition.:cool1:

My DS was wearing his birthday pin and during the parade tons of participants mouthed Happy Birthday to him. The ultimate was when Santa went by he pointed and said "Happy Birthday". He was miked. I don't know how they even noticed the Birthday pin. But they sold me on the magic forever! :santa:

We have also had many magical memories over the course of our trips. The last one just happenned in December. DH and I were on our first "adults-only" trip for 3 nights at BC. We had a great time and on our departure day, we were looking through our digital camera and realized we didn't have ANY pictures of the characters. We knew when we got home, our kids would want to see pictures of us with the characters. We were to catch the ME bus at 2:00 and we were getting ready to check out of BC around 1:00, so we packed everything up except the camera and headed over to Character Connection to get some pictures. All of them were dressed in their space outfits and there was no line - we got some great pictures. Well, DH noticed one of the CMs had a pin on her lanyard that was part of a collection DS13 has of the monorails. He remarked how we didn't have that pin, but had already packed up his lanyard and we were leaving shortly. We walked away and proceeded to get our pictures. As we approached Goofy, the CM walked up to DH and presented him with the monorail pin and wished us a good trip! DH couldn't believe it - he was so touched by her gesture. The whole trip was wonderful, but that made it even more so.

My most magical time ever was for my 26th birthday a couple of weeks ago...it started with a birthday hug from a supervisor CM in the Chapeau on Main Street...a free brownie at Casey's...a phone call from Goofy...a beautiful chocolate birthday cake courtesy of our waiter at Bistro de Paris...another cake and singing from the wonderful servers at the Pepper Market...but it was all the CMs that stopped me to wish me a happy birthday, or to ask how my day was--even from across a sidewalk or store--that made it really special. Disney hires such good people...and now I want to spend my birthday there every year! (and spend $$!)

We were at the World of Disney at Downtown Disney. I made my daughter wait until this time to buy the clear Cinderella's slippers/shoes. She rarely asks for anything. They did not have her size. My 4 year old was so sad. We had them check at guest services if we could get them anywhere besides the parks becasue we did not plan to go back in. While they checked the computer, a CM nearby asked what my daughter's fav character was. I told her Sleeping Beauty. She disappeared for a few minutes. I didn't know what she was doing because i was busy consoling my DD. When she came back she handed DD a Sleeping Beauty pin. My DD's eyes lit up. A second later another Cm came over and handed us her size in the slippers/shoes. They had still been backstage, they not unpacked them yet. They were really wonderful to my DD!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter