What's the funniest thing a cast member has ever said to you?

This past November during Jersey week, my friend and I were taking advantage of extended hours to explore New Fantasyland after a late night reservation at 'Ohana. We stopped by Gaston's Tavern and then made our way to Ariel's Grotto to meet her in her fin right before the park closed at 12.

We sit down with Ariel and she starts asking us if we've been drinking. At first, we were so confused because we had indeed had several drinks over the long dinner at 'Ohana but were definitely not in an impaired state.

Ariel proceeds to point to our souvenir mugs from Gastons and scold us for drinking with that mean old Gaston. She then gives us both a sobriety test!! She had us touch finger tip to nose and say the alphabet backwards. Then, after proclaiming that we were not drunk she reminded us to be careful when drinking with Gaston and told us we really should stay away from that tavern! It was definitely one of the most memorable character interactions I have had.

That is a cool interaction. My kids would LOVE to do that as they compete with each other to see who can say the backwards alphabet fastest. Maybe I should have them carrying the mugs from the tavern. :coffee:

My 22 month old daughter was riding on my shoulders and we were walking between Peter Pan and Small World towards Haunted Mansion during a rain storm. Up ahead of us I saw a group of 5 or 6 adults all wearing University of Alabama rain ponchos. So I said to my daughter "look, those people are from Alabama. Roll tide." I didn't say it loudly, just conversationally to her. Then, in complete unison, all 5 or 6 of them turned around toward us and yelled "ROLL TIDE!"

Last trip DH wore his Beatle's Yellow Submarine t-shirt more than once. Many times in passing a CM they would start humming or singing the song. This made us grin.

But our favorite was going in to ToT we heard the CM whistling yellow submarine as a dirge. :thumbsup2

Thematic points usually go to the Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion CMs.

Few years back we were on a bus back to Pop Century. The bus driver's 1st announcement was that we were in the new, just started testing tower of terror bus, then proceeded to flick the lights on and off and yell. It was hilarious. We've had some great bus drivers since then, but he was our favorite. Had a lot of good jokes on the long trip back to the resort.

In November, 2009 I was at the Tower of Terror waiting for the room to fill and the introduction video to start. I was making idle chat with a friend on the upcoming football games that weekend and heard a mysterious, dry voice state that Pittsburgh was going to beat West Virginia. It was ToT' bellhop.

Our 1st MNSSHP Dh was dressed up as Prince Charming and I was dressed as Snow White as was our 2 yr old.

Cinderella`s step sisters came running up to Dh screaming their heads off. We stopped and looked and they said Prince Charming does Cinderella know you are out with Snow White ??? And then proceeded to exclaim about how much they liked his mustache and goatee. LOL Dh loved it. The Step Mother just stood there giving us her famous disapproving look LOL

Not so much a funny one-liner, but an interesting story... in line for a ride once I chatted up a CM and he told me that SM was his fav ride, but that he rode it once with the lights on and now it makes him seriously nervous (b/c he saw how tightly build the track is inside). PLUS he never holds his hands up anymore. This guy was maybe 5'5" so not that tall. He said he was terrified of getting his hands chopped off. :scared1:

EDIT: I should mention that there were NO small children around when we were chatting. He was just confiding in me and my friend.

Funny, that's exactly what a CM friend of mine said as well. He has worked at DLR for over 25 years, started out in rides. He said he rode SM once with the lights on and has never rode with his hands above his head again!

Jasmine is my favorite princess, so when I met her at the princess dinner in Norway, I had to get a picture with her. I told her she was my favorite and that I had gotten married to "her song"(A Whole New World). She told me she did, too, so I told her I knew that. Then she said in her own voice (not the character voice) "No, I really did!". I thought that was so funny!

I was working with another CM outside at Animal Kingdom and a family approached us on the walkway with a stroller holding a backpack as the child was walking.

The CM said "Hold it right there folks! I'm gonna need to you let that baby out of that bag, it is too hot today for that!"

The guests looked confused but then started cracking up:lmao:

One of our favorites was on the Jungle Cruise.
Our skipper was named Doug, as he was going through his usual jokes, he suddenly yelled out SQUIRREL and acted as if he was going to jump off the boat after it. :lmao: The reference went over some people's heads, but since one of my kids favorite movies is UP, they were rolling.:rotfl2:
BTW, there actually WAS a real squirrel by the water, Doug followed up by telling everyone it was an elusive man eating amazon squirrel. :lmao:

We had a very late dinner reservation at CRT, and my little guy was wiped out. By the time Belle made it to our table, he was sleeping on the banquet between dh and I, mostly hidden from view. Belle walked up to the table, saw ds, and gasped. She told my daughters, "Girls, you have to be more careful with those wands! You've put a sleeping spell on your brother!" One of our favorite moments from that trip.

One of our favorites was on the Jungle Cruise.
Our skipper was named Doug, as he was going through his usual jokes, he suddenly yelled out SQUIRREL and acted as if he was going to jump off the boat after it. :lmao: The reference went over some people's heads, but since one of my kids favorite movies is UP, they were rolling.:rotfl2:
BTW, there actually WAS a real squirrel by the water, Doug followed up by telling everyone it was an elusive man eating amazon squirrel. :lmao:

I wonder if that squirrel is any relation to the rare african killer duck I saw.

On our honeymoon, my hubby and I were wearing just married buttons. Most of the CMs congratulated us, but the one at HM said, my condolences. Loved it!

they said but what they did.

We usually watch the evening parade near the end of the route where you cross over to Splash and BTMMR. The CMs keep a path open for guests to cross over. As the parade gets closer people jockey for position.

One night that same thing was happening. One of the CMs asked the crowd to name all of the Disney animated features with one word titles.

It worked as people forgot about positioning and tried to answer her question.

We were staying at the Beach Club and were heading back to the hotel through the international gateway. I had just been to the bakery in France and bought myself some kind of chocolate yummy pastry "to go" to enjoy back at the hotel.

Well, as I walked past the cm at the gate he stopped me and pointed to the dessert and said "I'm sorry miss, you can't take food out of the park", I had no idea if it was some new rule or whatever. So, I said that I'd eat it quick right there whilst sitting on a bench. He told me that wasn't allowed. I was a bit miffed but asked if I had to throw it out. He said, "no, you have to give it to me" So I handed it over, and the other cm's were laughing and then they all kind of said "haaaa, he's just kidding you!!!" He gave me back my dessert. I felt like such a moron! :laughing:

On a cool morning at MK that was threatening rain, my friend and I got in the tiny line to meet Alice and the Mad Hatter. I had on jeans with ripped holes and a Boston Red Sox hat (I'm from Massachusetts) and when I approached them, the Mad Hatter asked me if I had fallen through a "cheese grater" because of the state of my pants. He also asked where in MA I was from, and when I told him, he jokingly mocked the name of my town with the way anyone from out of state says it. I asked him how he knew that (as I don't live in a famous town) and he wouldn't tell me!

On the same day, I had on a birthday button, and Pocahontas told me, quite seriously, to enjoy being young, as when I get to be her age, I'll have to start "lying about" my age. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter