What's the funniest thing a cast member has ever said to you?

The CM on JC tonight turned off all the lights towards the end of the temple. Just before we got to the elephant pool, she started singing "It's a Small World". The whole boat was in stitches.

My husband thinks it's funny to ask people "Do you think it will rain?" while it is raining. Yesterday as we we leaving AK and it was pouring down the rain, he used the chance to ask a CM. Without missing a beat the CM replies, "Nah, we're just getting a delivery of liquid sunshine." It totally cracked us up.

At MNSSHP 2011 near the end of the night on CoP:
(completely deadpan)
"Ladies and gents, please keep all arms, hands, feet, and legs inside the ride vehicle at all time. This is a high speed ride featuring sharp turns, sudden drops, and time travel. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas."

Leaving Hall of Presidents, my DH saw that some kind of show was going on at the castle. He hurried over, saying "Wow, what show is that?!"

A CM nearby said in deadpan "It's already over."

My DH was shocked. :confused: But as we started walking away, it got funnier and funnier till we were cracking up. We still call it the "It's already over" show ::yes::

We were hurrying to catch the boat from DHS to Epcot because we saw they were about to leave. When we got there, the boat driver told DH "No running on this boat! You'll have to go all the way back and walk nicely to get on this boat."

The DH said if it would get us on, we'd do it...and the CM smiled at us and said just kidding! We thanked him profusely. It was nice of him to wait.

When we was at MNSSHP I was dressed as Tink DH was pan and boys was lost boys,
When we was walking through adventure land we saw hook the boys ran up to him with DH and hook would not let DH take a picture of him or be in the picture BUT he made a heart with his hook & hand called me over he then grabbed my hand kissed it while shaking his fist at DH!
He then proceeded up to tomorrow land linked arm in arm with me, while my poor boys ran after him shouting to let there dad have mummy back!!

So...if you dine at 50's PT. Make sure you wash your hands...if you need to use the restroom. How embarrassing would it be if you didn't? This momma and RN always washes her hands...but some people don't. I'd love to see the interaction on that one!

Not a Disney one, but a few years ago in discovery cove, one of our family party was rather "pooh shaped" as you would say on these boards.

During the dolphin encounter the trainer cracked everyone up when after the part where the dolphin tows you, when he had had his turn the trainer said "Wow! I've never seen a dolphin sweat before!"

On our last trip, I was noticed by a pirate who offerred to relieve me of my wedding ring. He said something to the effect of "that looks far too heavy for such a small hand". I told him he'd have to ask my husband, to which my dh replied "sure, but you have to take her too - they're a package deal". After much discussion between them about the nearest "wench market" where dh could obtain a replacement for me, they both decided it wasn't worth the trouble for either of them! :rotfl:

This has my DH written all over it! Classic!

iwynlea said:
We heard this from a CM in DHS (then MGM) on our honeymoon 10 years ago, he was relating to us funny questions he'd been asked by guests. His all-time favorite was "What time does the castle get here?" To which he had responded, thinking he had misheard the question, "Excuse me?" The guest said, "We know that the castle moves from park to park each day. What time does it get here?" I can't remember what he said his response was, but to this day, as we go into DHS one of us always asks the other, "What time does the castle get here today?" ;)

I know this is from last year, but I'm only up to this so far.

Wow is all I can say to this lmao!!

Not a Disney one, but a few years ago in discovery cove, one of our family party was rather "pooh shaped" as you would say on these boards.

During the dolphin encounter the trainer cracked everyone up when after the part where the dolphin tows you, when he had had his turn the trainer said "Wow! I've never seen a dolphin sweat before!"

I know that many people will think this is funny, but had I been the person he was talking about (and I could have been, being rather pooh-shaped myself), I can't begin to describe how embarrassed, hurt, and belittled I would feel. I'm sure that even if the guy he was talking about was laughing at the time, he also dying a little on the inside. :sad2:

I know that many people will think this is funny, but had I been the person he was talking about (and I could have been, being rather pooh-shaped myself), I can't begin to describe how embarrassed, hurt, and belittled I would feel. I'm sure that even if the guy he was talking about was laughing at the time, he also dying a little on the inside. :sad2:

I was thinking the same thing actually. I don't consider myself pooh sized, just cute and fluffy and I've done DC twice and each time felt a little awkward with the dolphin ride because I'm afraid of hurting the dolphin. That's my own issue, but I would have been mortified if someone had pointed it out and made a joke of it.

I'm hoping that before any CM made a joke like that, he had already interacted with the guy enough to know he would think it was funny. I'm pretty sure the guy I share an office with doesn't get hurt when I make bald jokes (he's 65 and bald since his 20's...) or I'd never do it.

I was wearing a Birthday Pin for my trip this past January. I was in one of the shops in the New Fantasyland - There was a lot of Little Mermaid memorabilia. The CM who was cashiering noticed my Pin & said "Well, Princess - Since it's your Birthday, I have something special for you! Now listen carefully, I practiced really hard!"

He proceeded to sing "Happy Birthday," to me. My mom, best friend & I all applauded him - Myself being red in the face. He said "If you think that was good, would you like to hear me sing it backwards?"

We all looked at each other and said "Sure!"

He turned his back to us and proceeded to sing "Happy Birthday," again! It was just too funny!

DH was getting food at Pinnochio Haus in DL. He was talking with the CM and she asked where we were from. DH says "Toronto". She says "Oh, where's that?" We thought most everyone know where Toronto is. He looks confused and replies "Norway. Normally we visit WDW for Epcot because we like the Norway pavilion so much." She says "cool", and then the guy behind DH, obviously knowing where Toronto is, starts laughing.

A CM walked up to my husband, shook his hand and said "Seth Rogan! I loved you in Pineapple Express!" We cracked up laughing. From time to time people say he looks like Seth Rogan but this was definitely the best.

When we last visited the CM playing Prince Naveen at the M&G was pretty quick on his feet, dropping one liners left and right. He overheard DW telling another guest that we got DD's princess outfit online from Chasing Fireflies and jumped in with "That's some of Ray's family, they run a great business!"

This past November during Jersey week, my friend and I were taking advantage of extended hours to explore New Fantasyland after a late night reservation at 'Ohana. We stopped by Gaston's Tavern and then made our way to Ariel's Grotto to meet her in her fin right before the park closed at 12.

We sit down with Ariel and she starts asking us if we've been drinking. At first, we were so confused because we had indeed had several drinks over the long dinner at 'Ohana but were definitely not in an impaired state.

Ariel proceeds to point to our souvenir mugs from Gastons and scold us for drinking with that mean old Gaston. She then gives us both a sobriety test!! She had us touch finger tip to nose and say the alphabet backwards. Then, after proclaiming that we were not drunk she reminded us to be careful when drinking with Gaston and told us we really should stay away from that tavern! It was definitely one of the most memorable character interactions I have had.

This past November during Jersey week, my friend and I were taking advantage of extended hours to explore New Fantasyland after a late night reservation at 'Ohana. We stopped by Gaston's Tavern and then made our way to Ariel's Grotto to meet her in her fin right before the park closed at 12.

We sit down with Ariel and she starts asking us if we've been drinking. At first, we were so confused because we had indeed had several drinks over the long dinner at 'Ohana but were definitely not in an impaired state.

Ariel proceeds to point to our souvenir mugs from Gastons and scold us for drinking with that mean old Gaston. She then gives us both a sobriety test!! She had us touch finger tip to nose and say the alphabet backwards. Then, after proclaiming that we were not drunk she reminded us to be careful when drinking with Gaston and told us we really should stay away from that tavern! It was definitely one of the most memorable character interactions I have had.

That's awesome. I would have been dying. :lmao:

My story might not be quite as witty as some of the posts here, but it sure cracked up my kids. We were in line for the Tink M&G, shortly after it first opened at Toontown. We were "next" and had to wait at the roped off part, before you walk down the hall to where the characters were.

Now, it's important to mention that DH is 6'7". The CM was talking to my kids, telling them she would shrink them with Pixie Dust, so Tink would look human-sized. She used her fingers to "sprinkle" the girls. Then she turned to DH and said, "woah, I'm gonna need more pixie dust!" She disappeared around the corner for a second, then came back with both hands cupped, like she was carrying a big scoop of something. She made a big show of dumping it on DH, then told him it was the best she could do. :rotfl: The girls thought it was so funny, and told everyone about how Daddy needed extra pixie dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter