What's the funniest thing a cast member has ever said to you?

geenerbell

Am I caught up with Robo yet?
This should be interesting! Please be kind to our beloved CMs they are a big part of the MaGiC!pixiedust:

Mine was a porter at Pop Century. I was writing on my claim ticket (with my pen) and he handed me his pen and said "Do you want to trade?" I still laugh when I think of that day.

I'm sure many others have heard this line, but the first time it was said to my sister we all burst out laughing.......:rotfl:

She had Winnie the Pooh on her shirt, and the CM said "Did you know you have a little POOH on your shirt?" She looked shocked, then realized he was joking!

Ill never forget at Ohana breakfast when the Cousin serving us said "Welcome to the Lazy Buffet! Where you never have to get up!":rotfl:

Not so much a funny one-liner, but an interesting story... in line for a ride once I chatted up a CM and he told me that SM was his fav ride, but that he rode it once with the lights on and now it makes him seriously nervous (b/c he saw how tightly build the track is inside). PLUS he never holds his hands up anymore. This guy was maybe 5'5" so not that tall. He said he was terrified of getting his hands chopped off. :scared1:

EDIT: I should mention that there were NO small children around when we were chatting. He was just confiding in me and my friend.

We had reached the front of one of the trick or treat lines during the MNSSHP. DH was pushing my wheelchair and I had the bag open and ready. The CM smiled at me, glanced at DH and asked if my chauffeur would care for a treat as well. We all cracked up.

We were on the Safari ride at AK. While on the actual car, we're waiting for entrance because of some animal or other holding up the cars that were already inside. We're right next to another car that's loading, and the Driver says: "If you look to your right, you'll see the rare and elusive human! Everybody wave." So we all wave, and the people in the car next to us wave back. The driver says: "Amazing! They do tricks!" :rotfl:

When a CM saw the shocked look on our faces after we asked how much the light-up balloons were, he smiled and said, "Well, it's Disney inflation!" Ba-dump-duh!! --Katie

On Tower of Terror, after we'd boarded.
"Your seatbelts buckle from right to left and right to left only. If you want to find out why this is called the Tower of Terror, buckle them from left to right."

On an early January trip back in 2010 when it got really cold I was walking to BTMRR right after rope drop wearing a light jacket and shorts. I passed a CM standing in front of the Jungle Cruise who said, "You must be from Ohio!" Bingo! :thumbsup2

I had an awkward moment with a cast member at Pop Century's concierge desk while she was trying to help me with finalizing my Magical Express departure information. She wanted to know some information about my flight, like the time and airline so it would be ready for when the ME people asked for it on the phone. She had difficulty spelling "Virgin" in Virgin America. She said, "I don't know what is up with my spelling tonight." I then told her, "Well, it isn't the most 'Disney' of words." She agreed and we both shared a good laugh over it. :laughing:

We had a big group all wearing blue shirts on an MK day, and the CM loading the TTA said in a really dry, straight faced way, "Oh look, the Smurfs" and started singing the smurf song. LOL
We were back in MK several days later, happened to be wearing the same, albeit freshly laundered, shirts, happened to see that CM at a different ride, and he said, again very straight faced, "not you again." And sang the song again.
That just cracked us up. :rotfl:

When you ask a Pirate CM in the Caribbean Plaza where the nearest restroom is.... some may say "around that corner, back in the bushes."

It's funny because it's TRUE!

On an early January trip back in 2010 when it got really cold I was walking to BTMRR right after rope drop wearing a light jacket and shorts. I passed a CM standing in front of the Jungle Cruise who said, "You must be from Ohio!" Bingo! :thumbsup2

:rotfl:

That would be us, except we're from London originally. Floridians don't know cold!

I'm not sure where this was but it was somewhere around frontierland 20 years ago. I was leaning against a fence, eating a popsicle with my back to the little lake/pond. Suddenly, I hear excuse me, miss. I don't think anyone is talking to me. I keep eating my popsicle. I hear somebody calling out long enough that I turn around. To my surprise, a group of people in a canoe is right behind me. The CM wearing a coon skin cap asks for a bite of my popsicle. I tell him no. He begs & pleads. Finally, I say okay & pretend to stretch my arm out to give it to him. He pretends to stretch his arm out to try to reach it. Suddenly, he says just forget it. He asked where I was from. I told him Virginia. Everyone in the boat hit their oars on the side of the boat & yelled Virginia sucks. They row away and I sit there dumbfounded. I was 17 years old visiting for the first time with my parents and sisters. No one else was around. They still seem skeptical that this really happened. This is definitely one of the strangest encounters I've ever had.

Do characters count? When my DSs were little, we were in Tomorrowland, and DH was trying to talk them into going on Space Mountain. The Mad Hatter came by, grabbed each boy by a hand and led them off saying (think with a lisp), "THpace Mountain, Thpace Fountain. You're going on the TEACUPTHS!" We still crack up about this.

I asked the CM at the Space Mountain load area where I should leave my crutches. He said, "Just put them in the car with you. They'll fly out and be waiting for you at the bottom when you get there." Then he laughed, said he was kidding, and took the crutches for me.

When i was 14, my sisters and i were getting on Mulluhound (Sp?) Madness. The CM shut the little door and said "This is the car that doesn't lock so just hold onto it okay? It might open". I was so terrified i started grabbing my sisters to get out before it started moving! The CM just laughed and told me there was no problem with the door and we were safe. He let us ride again-i think he felt bad because i was so scared!!

We were at Epcot a few weeks ago. We went in to American Adventure. The CM announcing the beginning of the show said "Welcome to The American Adventure enjoy your NAP!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter