What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

Driving thru to look around and see where I used to live, maybe 20 years ago.
Actually visiting, almost 35 years ago.

Ethnicity is a broader term than race. The term is used to categorize groups of people according to their cultural expression and identification. Commonalities such as racial, national, tribal, religious, linguistic, or cultural origin may be used to describe someone's ethnicity

Ethnicity, on the other hand, is typically understood as something we acquire, or self-ascribe, based on factors like where we live or the culture we share with others.

I am American.
🤦🏽🤦‍♀️

The school usually had the typical magazine subscriptions, candy, etc.

I personally had a much more lucrative side business going on....I discovered that some of the kids who were into dressing goth liked a few items that i had in my wardrobe....so i sold those at a 300% mark-up. I carried around some candy with me and I sold some at a crazy mark-up as well.

Way back when, many high school clubs did after school bake sales, featuring homemade cakes, cookies and brownies.

I remember the marching band selling stationery, personalized and with the school name, and/or mascot, etc.

The football team had an annual spaghetti dinner.

This was back before the candy bar and booklets featuring wrapping paper and assorted stuff sales began.

Yep, most things. We only did one family vacation, in-state, while I was around. I didn't stay in a hotel until I was 15. My Cabbage Patch doll and Care Bear were homemade, as were a lot of my clothes- or second hand. (I still love to thrift though and so do my girls.) When we saved up egg money to go to the local theme park, we had a picnic in the parking lot instead of buying food on-site. That's just how it was on the farm in the 80s!

Fast food. With 5 children it could get costly. On the rare times we went to a McDonalds it was pretty straightforward…we didn’t get to pick; it was 5 burgers, 5 fries 🍟 and 5 cokes. Done.

oh and airfare. We always went away but we always drove and packed food to bring.

MJ

1995 when I cleaned out the house after my Mom died before it was sold. No reason or desire to ever go back again.

Horseback riding lessons. They thought it was a waste of time.

I ended up going to a college with an amazing riding program and with a mere 6mo of lessons the summer before (paid for them myself) I was able to make the riding team. I was “a natural” and progressed up the ranks and even went to Nationals. After college I continued riding and bought my own horse.

I often think of how much further I could have taken that if I’d started as a child or young teen. It’s the one thing I still think my parents were wrong about - and they would agree with me. They were amazed when they saw me at my first show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter