What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

Wouldn't that just be different suburbs of a the same metro area? Why even differentiate that as different towns?
Funny you say that...every time we drive through densely populated areas in the States it amazes me how one town runs right into another. Not exactly what we’re used to here on the Canadian prairies.

A “Trinny”?!? Good on you :D . One branch of my paternal family settled there but the Asian part of the family is on my maternal side in Jamaica.
I know someone who is Chinese Jamaican as well. :) I really need to look more into the history of the Asian immigration to the West Indies. I am sure the history in quite interesting.

Most people who say they are 100% something, are most likely wrong. When you watch a few videos on those heritage self tests, you will know that no one is 100% one 'tribe'.

I can trace my ancestors back 6-8 generations, we've never left the Netherlands, but when I do a DNA test I do get the UK and Scandinavia in the mix as well.
I can say that I am 99% or something Western European.

Saying you are 100% Italian, because your grandparents were 100% Italian, you will probably get Southern European in the mix as there were plenty of people travelling across the Meditterean Sea. Americans who say they are Irish, also probably have more Western European in the mix.

Fun video is when the Try Guys do the DNA test. Eugene is absolutely sure his family his 100% Korean. The shock on his face when he hears there is also Japanese and Chinese in his family.

Yep, my grandmother always insisted she was 50% Irish and her children were at least 25%. My Uncle did 23 and Me and it came back around 3% Irish.

My daughter and I watched that Try Guys episode and his reaction was priceless.

We got my parents a DNA kit for Christmas one year. My mom's came back 100% Irish. Dad was around 85% Irish and 15% Scottish. So I'm basically Irish.

Wouldn't that just be different suburbs of a the same metro area? Why even differentiate that as different towns?

Because they are different towns. :confused3 They have their own town halls, zip codes, schools (though they share a high school), etc.

Me & DH have 2 childhood hometowns.
Me: From 0-teen, 2013. From teen to adult, 5 months ago and moving back soon.
DH: From 0-tween, 1986. From tween to adult, just this past Monday since we're moving back soon.

Who argues that Corona is better than Sam Adams? :oops:
El Tri fans when Mexico is playing the Stars and Stripes in soccer. If you watch the USA vs Mexico on Sunday, EL Tri fans will try to make fun of everything American. It’s all in good fun though.

December 2019. I flew out of and returned from Disney to my hometown. If I go to my father's funeral it would be in my hometown. And I had already planned to go back to umpire a softball tournament father's day weekend.

Funny you say that...every time we drive through densely populated areas in the States it amazes me how one town runs right into another. Not exactly what we’re used to here on the Canadian prairies.
Because they are different towns. :confused3 They have their own town halls, zip codes, schools (though they share a high school), etc.

Yes it's just not something you see here at except maybe in the Toronto area. Or I guess Ottawa/Hull maybe?

Moliphino it's just not a common thing here. Our metro areas tend to be amalgamated under once city council with individual neighbourhoods not separate towns. Hard to picture a town right next to another one. To me that's a suburb. Guess it's just all in the wording.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter