What is the most expensive part of your Disney vacation?

This year it's the Park Hopper Passes!!!
We are paying for my dh parents to come with us.
Airfare for myself, dh,ds8,ds5,mil,fil $810.00
Hotel-staying in 2bdrm condo
(off site 5/24-5/31) $480.48
Minivan rental $245.58
5 day hoppers(2k&2a with plus options) $1,373.02 yikes!!!!
food plan on AUCE cheep breakfast or eating in room.
snacks in the park
& lots of Charcter dinner buffets.
Thank god inlaws are paying for the own food.

Probably tickets, they are SO expensive. You can tweak this and that but for the most part tickets are a fixed cost. And I have to say (someone else mentioned this), the stocking up beforehand is another big cost. I usually buy everyone in the family some new clothing, socks, shoes, odds and ends (bought an umbrella for the baby's stroller this time, an organizer for the car). The good thing about those costs is that after the trip is said and done you have some new things to keep! Food is not too big of an expense...we eat breakfast and dinner at the condo and lunch in the parks. but Soccer Mom, with three teenage boys, is scaring me a little. My three boys are little, but people keep telling me how much they will eat someday! :)

Well since the resort stay is always free I would have to say

food and ticket!!!!!!

Definately!!

This time hotel costs will most likely be our biggest expense but Dh is a serious Goofy fan. Any large, expensive ( and usually ugly:rolleyes: ) thing he can find to ship home he does. Add that to the entire new Goofy wardrobe ( my mom said she has never seen him NOT in something Goofy...she's probably right) he picks up and we are talking easily in the $1000 and up range. thank goodness it's only every other year!
I collect Flower items and they are few and far between so I get off cheap.

I agree park hopper tickets are the biggest expense. No way to cut prices here.

TICKETS! By far!

We usually only spend about $10 more a day than usual for food....about $40 a day average. But we aren't real food people. I don't like to feel too full when going around the park in the heat. And I am just to cheap to pay much for food.

We usually use priceline, and have gotten nice places.... I think the MOWC for 50 a night and Sheraton Safari for 35, the HOJO for 19, so lodging isn't much.

Airfare usually goes for around 150-200 per person, so not too much there.

Hmmm, I think I am beginning to sound like a Cheapskate!!!:eek:

Oh well, I guess that is why we have been able to afford to go every year!! (Disney World and Disneyland)

Food/Beverages/Snacks and Collectable Pieces run about neck and neck. We sleep cheap and play hard. lol Mickey

We tend to dine at the nicer WS restaurants so I would say that is the priciest while there, but the GF room-rate is costly as well.

Food/Snacks/Beverages are very expensive at WDW!! We have to eat...so we don't have any choice. This is where most of my money was going. I think I was spending about $150 per day at Universal parks and Royal Pacific. And at Disney park and ASSp I was paying about $100 per day for 3 people

I think I pay too much on the airfare too! Our airfare this past trip (april) was $340 per person and it's not even non-stop trip! Times X 3 people.

I'm heading back in June...I am going to find some ways on how to save money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter