What else to say to the characters???

The first time I went to WDW was in 1990 (I was in my 30's!) and went to Chef Mickey's for a character breakfast. We were sitting in a booth, and the back of my side had a platform across the top behind me (at neck level) which was about a foot wide. My friends 2 DD's were across from me and they started pointing and laughing - I looked up, and Pluto was right above me, pluto: having climbed up onto the platform. (I don't know HOW he fit on there!) I looked back at the kids, and the next thing I knew I was in total darkness because Pluto had put his mouth straight down around my head so that all you could see was my mouth!!! The kids were hysterical and we have a picture of me that still cracks me up everytime I see it! I wonder if that's why I'm afraid of the dark?? :rotfl: Who knew my head could fit in a dog's mouth!! :lmao:

I don't have a story of my own but I was wondering...

Has anyone asked Max who his mother is OR asked Goofy who Max's mother is? I was always wondering what the reaction would be... There is only some supicion that it was Minnie, I mean Max is a funny looking creature haha

I just got the Passporter Character Yearbook e-book and it has something listed for just about every character that you could ask them.

I just got the Passporter Character Yearbook e-book and it has something listed for just about every character that you could ask them.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Where did you find that? I'd love to have that!

Once we were waiting to be seated at Chef Mickeys, Goofy overheard my husband and I discussing our dining plans. I had a sheet with our dining schedule typed in it, and Goofy took it and wrote down his opinions and recommendations!

Back in June of '03 DS 3 1/2 had (and still does have) a major "crush" on "Snow White. He thinks she's just the sweetest thing, and its just not a complete day at the parks unless he hugs her at least once. On this particular day we were at MGM and DS was getting a bit hot and fussy.

As if in cue we see Snow White greeting in the courtyard. We get in line. DS looks up at Snow White with puddles in his big brown eyes and says with so much meaning, "I love you". The biggest warmest smile came over her face and she put a big red kiss right on his cheek. It really made our day. Then to top it all off, later that day at the Stars and Motorcars parade we see Snow White (Irecognized her from earlier in the day) go by on her car. As we were standing on the front row right in the curb, DS starts waving wildly at her and she blows a kiss and waves, looking directly at him.

Snow White really did an outstanding job that day with our little DS. It all was helped along by heartfelt interaction.

We were at Disney in August 03, and my youngest DS, then three, had had a big crush on Snow White (he still does, but at 7 won't admit it). We were in Toontown heading towards the train, when we saw Snow White and the 7 Dwarves, setting up for a photo only appearance. My DS got loose from us, and immediately ran to Snow White and hugged her. She was surprised (as was her handler), but she recovered nicely, and we've got some great pictures of my son as he's running towards her and their whole meeting. You can see her expression change from shock to tenderness in about 2 pictures.

My 3 year old niece was holding her favorite stuffed Kitty when she met Alice. Alice went on all about her own pet cat, Dinah and how much the Cheshire Cat loves go about Wonderland and cause all kinds of trouble.

A little while later we ran into Marie. Marie LOVED the fact my niece had a cat... She took it and gave it a big kiss! I did what I do to all cats and scratched her behind an ear, she then, like all cats, she rubbed up against me head first.

I told Lilo that I had been to Hawaii and I loved it there. She covered her mouth, clapped her hands, and nodded. Afterward I told Stitch about how I saw him attack Josh Goban at his Orlando concert. (someone threw a giant 3 foot Stitch doll onto the stage for him right before he started to sing) Stitch seemed surprised and gave me some wierd alien sounding kiss.

Mickey was all decked out in his sparkly, bling blingy Million Dreams get up and I said he was handsome and was totally going Liberache. He then stepped back and did a super model turn for me. Pluto also was "dressed up" in a sequin lined dog collar for the ocassion too. I told him I loved his new collar and that I had one too - pointing to my own neckline on my shirt that has sequin lining. He pawed at my shirt and hugged me.

I am wondering, though - how are princesses when they meet adults? I've always been a little shy to go to them because they seem to be for little kids only.

At character meals, like LTT, I whisper to each character, "don't tell ________, but you're my favorite." or something along those lines. You'll get some very funny reactions! :laughing:

...I am wondering, though - how are princesses when they meet adults? I've always been a little shy to go to them because they seem to be for little kids only.

They are totally in character all the time, it is wonderful! I cried the first time I met Cinderella and she was just so sweet!

Thanks for all of the really great ideas, I have never been to WDW before, so I didn't there needed to be anything past a hello and please sign my book, but now I see how much more the trip can be with great character interaction.

Thanks
Vickie

My DD4 is quite percocious and not at all afraid of talking to the characters and even the villains. In March we were lucky enough to meet Cinderella's stepmother and 2 stepsisters outside the castle. After watching many little girls scurry away in fear, my DD walked right up to them, hands on hips, and scolded them, "You should be nice to Cinderella!!!". All 3 of the characters responded totally in character, and it was HILARIOUS! Stepmother said something to the effect of, "well, who's going to do all the housework? I certainly can't! Who will clean under the beds? YOU'RE quite small! You would fit!" It was priceless, and my DH were laughing abt it for days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter