BWV refurb is in full swing.

Elevator landing areas are being updated at BWV. This 3rd floor landing was just finished today. Cake Bake and Corndog show no further progress. Scaffolding still up and no new siding yet on Crest of the Wave. Standard wing is still blocked off at rooms x123 and beyond. IMG_5794.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5793.jpeg
    IMG_5793.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5792.jpeg
    IMG_5792.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5791.jpeg
    IMG_5791.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 31
Elevator landing areas are being updated at BWV. This 3rd floor landing was just finished today. Cake Bake and Corndog show no further progress. Scaffolding still up and no new siding yet on Crest of the Wave. Standard wing is still blocked off at rooms x123 and beyond. View attachment 860719
Thanks for your report and photos! I’ll miss the patterned carpet by the elevators, but I’m sure the new flooring is easier to keep clean. Better for allergies as well as housekeeping costs.

Elevator landing areas are being updated at BWV. This 3rd floor landing was just finished today. Cake Bake and Corndog show no further progress. Scaffolding still up and no new siding yet on Crest of the Wave. Standard wing is still blocked off at rooms x123 and beyond. View attachment 860719
They've been doing piecemeal cosmetic work in the elevator areas for years. I'm glad they finally did a much needed overhaul. I hope this is on every floor.

Will be staying in a 1 bedroom in August does anyone know if they will most likely be renovated by then? Thanks 😊

IMG_5841.jpeg

I have been at BWV in a standard view one bedroom for one week. During this time the refurbishments to the elevator landings on each floor have been completed. Outside work is still in progress, including to the Crest of the Wave building's exterior. Completion of that looks to be a ways in the future, although it seemed today that some of the new siding is being applied (see photo). Rooms past # x121 in the standard view wing are still not done. No work at all on the Corn Dog kiosk. Cake Bake had little or no visible progress. No activity or sign of any kind at the old Big River Grill. Food trucks have been mostly absent on the BW during our week here.
Regarding the room itself, I have LOVED the Murphy bed. In fact, I have loved most everything. The new dining table and chairs don't look nearly as oversized in person. We have had no complaints at all with the thermostat. The balcony chairs do cut into your back, but putting one the throw pillows from the Murphy couch behind your back on those balcony chairs makes them quite comfortable. It will likely only be a matter of time before those pillows are in rough shape. I admit that one time I forgot to bring a pillow inside at night but fortunately it did not rain that night. We have had excellent service from cast members here. Can't wait to come back. BWV's location makes it perfect for us.

Last edited:
View attachment 861800

I have been at BWV in a standard view one bedroom for one week. During this time the refurbishments to the elevator landings on each floor have been completed. Outside work is still in progress, including to the Crest of the Wave building's exterior. Completion of that looks to be a ways in the future, although it seemed today that some of the new siding is being applied (see photo). Rooms past # x123 in the standard view wing are still not done. No work at all on the Corn Dog kiosk. Cake Bake had little or no visible progress. No activity or sign of any kind at the old Big River Grill. Food trucks have been mostly absent on the BW during our week here.
Regarding the room itself, I have LOVED the Murphy bed. In fact, I have loved most everything. The new dining table and chairs don't look nearly as oversized in person. We have had no complaints at all with the thermostat. The balcony chairs do cut into your back, but putting one the throw pillows from the Murphy couch behind your back on those balcony chairs makes them quite comfortable. It will likely only be a matter of time before those pillows are in rough shape. I admit that one time I forgot to bring a pillow inside at night but fortunately it did not rain that night. We have had excellent service from cast members here. Can't wait to come back. BWV's location makes it perfect for us.
Thanks for the details! We won’t be there until January, so I’m looking forward to seeing everything completed. And dare I hope for the Cake Bake Shop and corn dog stand to be open?!

View attachment 861800

I have been at BWV in a standard view one bedroom for one week. During this time the refurbishments to the elevator landings on each floor have been completed. Outside work is still in progress, including to the Crest of the Wave building's exterior. Completion of that looks to be a ways in the future, although it seemed today that some of the new siding is being applied (see photo). Rooms past # x123 in the standard view wing are still not done. No work at all on the Corn Dog kiosk. Cake Bake had little or no visible progress. No activity or sign of any kind at the old Big River Grill. Food trucks have been mostly absent on the BW during our week here.
Are all the standard rooms done?

View attachment 861800

I have been at BWV in a standard view one bedroom for one week. During this time the refurbishments to the elevator landings on each floor have been completed. Outside work is still in progress, including to the Crest of the Wave building's exterior. Completion of that looks to be a ways in the future, although it seemed today that some of the new siding is being applied (see photo). Rooms past # x121 in the standard view wing are still not done. No work at all on the Corn Dog kiosk. Cake Bake had little or no visible progress. No activity or sign of any kind at the old Big River Grill. Food trucks have been mostly absent on the BW during our week here.
Thanks for these. We have trip coming up second week in June, 1BD BW View and are praying we don’t get bumped around. The rooms above I think are done, so if they can get the wrapping off the siding and the scaffolding down there might be a chance we don’t get moved, but hoping to at least get one of the other 1 BD BW views in maybe one of the other buildings to the left of this picture.

No. The wing that extends beyond rooms x121 is still not finished. These are the rooms that face the parking lot.
Thanks. I have 5 standard view rooms booked the first week of July for a full family anniversary bash. Hoping to not be moved as we are having quite a few people come with us that have never been before.

Thanks. I have 5 standard view rooms booked the first week of July for a full family anniversary bash. Hoping to not be moved as we are having quite a few people come with us that have never been before.
Since these rooms were supposed to be done by May, I think the chances are very good that they will be done by July. Good luck. Sounds like a really fun family time!

Just got a call from what looked liked a Disney number, was on another call so didn't pick up. Arriving on Thursday. Do they leave a voicemail if you are getting the need to move call?

Some photos from our trip last week. A Cast Member told me they "hope" to be done sometime in June.

The finish hallways look so much brighter! I think they used brighter lights and lighter colored paint.

finished hallway.JPG

The hallway is blocked by a closed on all 4 floors at the point labeled "A".

BWV Renovations.jpg

door.jpg

They were finishing the elevator landings while we were there:

elevator landing.JPG

Rooms overlooking the quiet pool, along the wing closest to DHS:

exterior quiet pool.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter