What do I need to know on the Magic?

A couple of tips for the aqaudunk. To get a cleaner drop and better speed stand on your tip toes, believe it of not it works. Get to know the lifeguards and they will start screwing with you and randomly drop you when you don't expect it;) There is a way to know when it is going to drop, after a few times you will figure it out. As a forty year old kid I managed over 100 drops on a five night cruise.

Get to know the staff, they have been incredibly friendly whenever we have been on the magic, much more so than the other ships. The MDR meals are much more enjoyable, as it isn't as loud as the Fantasy.

Lastly look for Rob Sanders playing piano, if he is on contract. Dude is amazing and we were lucky enough to have him play Keys one night in place of their standard singer. We made most of his performances the last time we were on.

Get to know the staff, they have been incredibly friendly whenever we have been on the magic, much more so than the other ships. The MDR meals are much more enjoyable, as it isn't as loud as the Fantasy.

THIS. When i worked on the Magic I was so shocked how friendly it was (I had spent nearly two years on a different ship) and I know other transfers feel the same.
Crew are so friendly to each other backstage that it rubs off in guest areas. It also helps because it means that different departments mix more, so if you have a friend in another department, they can help you out with a guest quicker because you know who to go to first (if that makes sense...)

Get to know the staff, they have been incredibly friendly whenever we have been on the magic, much more so than the other ships.

THIS. When i worked on the Magic I was so shocked how friendly it was (I had spent nearly two years on a different ship) and I know other transfers feel the same.
Crew are so friendly to each other backstage that it rubs off in guest areas. It also helps because it means that different departments mix more, so if you have a friend in another department, they can help you out with a guest quicker because you know who to go to first (if that makes sense...)

We cruised the Magic last summer after having previously cruised the Wonder three times. When we got home our DDs (who'd sailed the Wonder with us) were asking about differences between the ships and we said how outstandingly friendly the Magic was - I'm by no means suggesting that it isn't friendly on the Wonder but the Magic seemed even more so.

Can't wait to sail her again in a few months. :sail:

We cruised the Magic last summer after having previously cruised the Wonder three times. When we got home our DDs (who'd sailed the Wonder with us) were asking about differences between the ships and we said how outstandingly friendly the Magic was - I'm by no means suggesting that it isn't friendly on the Wonder but the Magic seemed even more so.

Can't wait to sail her again in a few months. :sail:

I was previously on the Wonder and that was the most friendly place I'd been. I didn't think it could get much more friendly, then I went to the Magic...

We sailed the Dream twice, then sailed the Magic, March 2016. Dream is our favorite, probably more so because it was our first cruise on DCL. There is notable size difference going to the Magic. Not a bad one, just took us a day to get get used to it compared to Dream with the layout of things being different too. The Aquadunk was a blast. I was the only one to do it from my family. It can make a big splash at the bottom, otherwise its fun waiting for the floor to drop out.

Going in March, it was on a 4 night Bahamian cruise, weather was cooler, the cruise had to move our days around due to currents and weather. They couldn't get into Castaway Cay. Tried twice and the currents/wind was too rough. The crew was awesome, and that day became a day at sea. Later on in the day they announced they switched days again, and we were able to get to Castaway Cay the following day, and Nassau on what was to be our sea day.

My son (8 years old at the time) loved the Oceaneer's club and all the updates. Going on the Dream twice, by the second time he still liked the club but didn't end up spending a lot of time there. On the Magic since they were new and different he really liked them.

The Tangled musical is a not to be missed event. We also enjoyed the Snuggly duckling takeover at O'Gills. They dress like the pub thugs and sing I've got a Dream.

I have to say this. That was no schawarma. It was a tortilla with cold meat on it. I can't tell you how disappointed I was.
Strange. On the Wonder two weeks ago, the meat was shaved off the rotating thingy in front of us and put into a pita. Some toppings were unusual but it was similar to what I get at my local shawarma place.

Great thread! (Going on the Magic -First DCL- in March.) What hours/days are the shawarmas available? Thanks!!!

Strange. On the Wonder two weeks ago, the meat was shaved off the rotating thingy in front of us and put into a pita. Some toppings were unusual but it was similar to what I get at my local shawarma place.
They shaved the meat off the rotisserie, but my daughter and I were like, "What the heck??" when they put it on a tortilla. The meat was bland and cold. My trip may have been the exception. I've heard raves about it. I was so bummed as that was one of the things I was looking forward to.

I've been on the Fantasy and Magic once each and absolutely loved them. My wife and Kids 9&6 thought the Fantasy was the clear winner however I thoroughly enjoyed the Magic. The public spaces felt bigger to me on the mMagoc and the whole ship felt less crowded to me and so much more relaxing. Castaway Cay on the Magic is heavenly. I would cruise on any of the ships with no hesitation.

They shaved the meat off the rotisserie, but my daughter and I were like, "What the heck??" when they put it on a tortilla.
Now that you mention it, they offered us a choice of bread vessel, possibly a tortilla. Maybe they ran out of pitas when you went. The chicken was anything but blend. It was delicious. The pork was alright but less tasty.

What kind of smoothies? Did they have lots of options? My kids adore smoothies and I will be up there every morning if they are that good!
They are more of a yogurt parfait thing If I am thinking of same thing. Usually there is a strawberry and a mango. The Mango is mango mountain hike and my favorite. On Wonder last month, I could not find one. They had strawberry every day.

Now that you mention it, they offered us a choice of bread vessel, possibly a tortilla. Maybe they ran out of pitas when you went. The chicken was anything but blend. It was delicious. The pork was alright but less tasty.

Mine were in a pita with lamb. They had tzatziki, hummus, and other traditional toppings. They aren't huge, which is nice. I think I had them 3 times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter