What Disney Snack Do You Wish You Never Bought (and Ate)?

I got the croissant doughnut (aka cronut) at Epcot last weekend. After hearing all the stories about people waiting in line for hours in New York to get one, I just had to try it. And all I can say is meh. I'm not sure what I was expecting. I mean, it wasn't foul or inedible or anything like that (though greasier than I expected--even for a doughnut.) But for the nearly $5 I spent, it hardly tasted sinful or memorable. It wasn't awful but personally I would take a regular chocolate chip cookie anyday if I was craving a sweet in the park.

The original cronut bakery was just shut down by the Health Department for being infested with mice.

:lmao:

Ew all of the snacks in the Japan Pavilion, including Pocky!
I love Pocky and the Wasabi peas. Not together obviously,lol.

The cinnamon rolls are very overrated to me, and always have been. I don't hate them, but they aren't worth all the hysteria.

For me it'd be the corn dog nuggets or popcorn.
Corn dog nuggets were my least favorite though, I ate about half because I was starving and I usually love corndogs. They were sweet though and the hot dog tasted sooo fake, like the package you can buy in the grocery store that costs 99 cents for eight of them. Not what I like to eat when I'm on vacation, and I had such high expectations.
The popcorn I got was from a cart outside of PotC and it was stale, I was sad but too hungry to care at the time and ate it anyway.

I love school bread and citrus swirls though, and cinnamon buns both with and without maple. ;)

The chocolate crepe from the French kiosk in World Showcase. It didn't taste bad; it just wasn't anything special or worth the money for us, in our opinion.

I love reading through these. For every snack that somebody loves, somebody else hates it. Same for the restaurants and the rides. Glad we are all different. :thumbsup2

A couple of yrs ago, I could NEVER pass up a Mickey head rice crispie treat. They were DELISH! Now, I will NEVER buy one again! They used to be soo good, just like homemade! Now, they taste gross & have a chemical taste (preservative?). WON'T be buying another one!!! Not even from the bakery!!!

I have a list :rotfl:

1. school bread thought it was dry and didn't love the filling.

2. Napolean in france before bakery was changed - just didn't love it or the filling are we seeing a pattern here ;)

3. Churros - got them in HS and they were dry dry dry.

4. Dole Whip - sorry dw lovers just thought it was too tart for my tasts.

5. Cream cheese pretzel - where was the cream cheese :confused3

Am I picky maybe a bit but I am a sweet eater and not normally picky about them and who isn't a carb eater lol.

After all this, I still have a few new snacks on the list to try this trip like the waffle at sleepy hollow, ice cream at L'artisian in france, bw bakery items, no way jose at b&c, cheesecake @ germany and a few other items. I don't normally end up trying them all of course!

A couple of yrs ago, I could NEVER pass up a Mickey head rice crispie treat. They were DELISH! Now, I will NEVER buy one again! They used to be soo good, just like homemade! Now, they taste gross & have a chemical taste (preservative?). WON'T be buying another one!!! Not even from the bakery!!!

Don't give up ... The chocolate and Carmel covered krispie block at the Germany Carmel kitchen is wonderful...the only Rice Krispie treat I will eat at WDW!

Wait, what? Multiple flavors of Dole Whip? :confused3I'm in Michigan too! Please tell me where!! :dance3: I have had pineapple at Menchie's, YUMMY!!

Orange Leaf frozen yogurt shops have Dole frozen fruit soft serve in different flavours (they don't call it "whip", but the pineapple is exactly the same as at WDW). I've had orange and raspberry (but they change flavours every few days). You can mix in the vanilla (frozen yogurt though) too. Yummy!

After just trying the dole whip with spiced rum at a Epcot F&G, we plan on buying the stuff at Orange Leaf by the quart for adult dessert at home!

Cake pops and Carrot Cake Cookie are pretty close, with Cake pops being the winner for nastiness. Even my little kids wouldn't eat them. WAY too sweet. Blech.
Carrot cake cookies are great in concept, but way too sweet in execution.

So after combing through this awesome thread that exploded way more than I thought it would, I'm happy to say I've compiled a list of the most disliked Disney snacks on the first post! So strange to see how for every one person who dislikes a snack, someone else loves it. ;)

Keep 'em coming with your regretful snack decisions! I'll update the list every so many pages to keep it current with the most disliked items.

In the Japan Pavilian in Epcot - we bought some shrimp type crackers.

Those were awful. It took hours for the taste to leave my mouth.

Cake pops and Carrot Cake Cookie are pretty close, with Cake pops being the winner for nastiness. Even my little kids wouldn't eat them. WAY too sweet. Blech.
Carrot cake cookies are great in concept, but way too sweet in execution.

Where do you get these "way too sweet" cake pops? For me, the phrase "too sweet" doesn't exist (although DH would probably agree with you). I want to challenge myself with these cake pops-and I'll no doubt get 2, because DH will take one bite and react like you-"too sweet".

School bread. I know so many people like it but I didn't care for it.
Same here! I waited in line for it for what seems like forever, because so many people on the boards rave about it. It's way at the top of my disappointments list!

The pucker powder that you pick the flavor to fill tubes. My kid hounded me for this until I let her buy it. She hated it, and I thought it was pretty nasty.

I can't imagine 'anyone' buying this stuff if they would have witnessed what we did. We were at the gift shop at living seas and these kids were messing around the circle of flavors, licking their fingers, then 'tasting' each one by dabbing their fingers on the bottom. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!!!! :faint:

Parents were in the area but not seeing/caring what their little darlings were up to. :furious:

Most snacks on the OP's list are also on mine. I 'love' carrot cake, but the the cookie was 3/4 sugar icing and totally sweet and gross.

I 'do' like the turkey legs, Dole Whips, and cream cheese pretzels though - mine were 'full' of cream cheese'!

Our all time favorite was the 'now defunct' MSB cinnamon roll - yummy, drool!! And, no, Gaston's cinnamon roll doesn't quite 'cut it' - the ambiance of the MSB was part of our enjoyment.

I love reading through these. For every snack that somebody loves, somebody else hates it. Same for the restaurants and the rides. Glad we are all different. :thumbsup2

Great point. That's why I take opinions around here with a grain of salt. I like to make up my own mind.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter