What Disney Snack Do You Wish You Never Bought (and Ate)?

For me it was a Rice Krispy treat. I love the ones that are on what looks like a popsicle stick, some with chocolate ears, and are wrapped in plastic with the bread tie on it. I bought one from the Main St Confectionary that was a bigger block with icing on it and maybe some sprinkles. It was awful. Hard as a rock and tasted like plastic. Two very different Rice Krispy Treats.

Agreed - our favorite treat (that we LOVE!!) is the plain rice crispy Mickey head on the stick. We never buy the ones in a package in the shops. Gross!! Stay away from those (i.e. Main Street Confectioner)!! The ones that taste homemade (to us )are the ones in the clear plastic wrapper - only ones we will eat. Most of the time we find the good ones in the food courts in the resorts.

PS- you can get them on the cruise ships thru room service too. :)

I've always thought the turkey legs looked disgusting and never wanted to try them. After reading all these replies I now WANT to try one! I also love the cream cheese pretzels! But I agree they were better when they were over by Ariel's grotto.

I agree that the skolbread and zebra domes are completely overrated!

Favorites are the salted caramels from Norway, the Cadbury chocolate bars from the tea shop in Great Britain, and the popcorn. Can't wait to try the Nutella waffles in mk.

I am highly disappointed in the cinnamon buns at Gaston's. They are edible, but I thought the ones at MSB were MUCH better (even though everyone claims they are the same. Maybe they aren't as fresh?)

But I haven't tried most of the stuff mentioned here either...

They are not the same! The cinnamon rolls at Gaston's are with maple frosting - Yuck!!! :sad2:

We have gotten fresh out of the oven buns at Gaston's both times, not stale at all, and they were huge - 'the size of your head' :rotfl2: I really liked the maple frosting, it wasn't overpowering or sicky sweet either. I found the MSB buns to be too sicky sweet.

I am highly disappointed in the cinnamon buns at Gaston's. They are edible, but I thought the ones at MSB were MUCH better (even though everyone claims they are the same. Maybe they aren't as fresh?)

But I haven't tried most of the stuff mentioned here either...

They are not the same! The cinnamon rolls at Gaston's are with maple frosting - Yuck!!! :sad2:[/QUOTE]

Funny... I am a DL vet and I LOVE the cinnamon buns at DL's MSB. I was looking forward to having one from the MK MSB and it was in-ed-i-ble.

I have found that almost all of the boxed candy I have tried from WDW is not as good as what name brands they've knocked off. (i.e. Peanut M&M's. gummi anything)

Also, not just at WDW, I have found that funnel cakes always look better than they really are. I had one in DL that was topped with "ice cream." The ice cream was oily. yes.. oily. ick.

MeanestMomEver said:
RE: Dole Whip and bitterness...

I think I know why some people find them delicious and some think they are bitter.

I used to love them and loved the floats too. But there always seemed to be something funky about pineapple...I didn't know if it's just me but sometimes, out of the blue, even after eating some that tasted great, I'd get a bitter sensation too. I had a similar experience with that crazy weight watchers cake with crushed pineapple and white cake mix. The cake didn't bother me but one time I tried the batter and Yuck! It was like I ate a spoonful of shaving cream or something. It was terrible!
Anyway...around age 40, I developed asthma and a ton of allergies. When I was finally food allergy tested, I was surprised to learn that I am very VERY allergic to pineapple!

I learned that pineapple is frequently an undiagnosed allergy for a lot of people and is also responsible for a "bitter taste syndrome" that you can read about here:

http://m.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-signs-of-an-allergic-reaction-to-pineapple.htm

Wondering if anyone here thinks this could be responsible for your Dole Whip aversion.

And if you have other food allergies, be careful around those Dole Whips!

I'm not allergic to pineapple. It just isn't a taste I enjoy. Its bitter and unpleasant.

I hate Carmel popcorn normally the popcorn in Germany was so good and buttery
The popcorn in Germany is AMAZING!!! I am talking about the stuff you buy from a vendor at say Fantasmic. That is some burnt nastiness.

Cake pops! They were so sickly sweet that even my kids were completely turned off. One bite was enough and ended up being thrown away! We bought a couple at the Confectionary in MK. All set with that! However, I was dying for a caramel apple but was too cheap to pay $10 for one, but totally wished I had!

The popcorn in Germany is AMAZING!!! I am talking about the stuff you buy from a vendor at say Fantasmic. That is some burnt nastiness.
Oh ok, never had it but I'll avoid it. I've only had the pre-packaged caramel popcorn that they sell in the stores and I like that. It's called Main Street popcorn, I think.

Dole Whip - Couldn't wait to try it after reading so much about it here. But, can you say ... TART!!!! I handed it to DH to taste and he agreed; it ended up in the trash.

Turkey Leg. Did not sit well with me at all.

Those frosted character cookies and look so cute that are wrapped in plastic wrap. Taste like cardboard. Or what I imagine cardboard to taste like.

Yes to all of the above!! Plus the plastic wrapped Rice Krispie Mickey heads... couldn't even bite into it since it was so hard!

For me, it's the kielbasa at Germany. The kielbasa was so-so but the bun was styrafoamy and disgusting. :sick:

Cake pops! They were so sickly sweet that even my kids were completely turned off. One bite was enough and ended up being thrown away! We bought a couple at the Confectionary in MK. All set with that! However, I was dying for a caramel apple but was too cheap to pay $10 for one, but totally wished I had!

I love super-sweet stuff, so I'd probably love cake pops. My first thought was the caramel apple I did have at the caramel shop in Germany. After I bit into it and discovered it was only a little caramelly, I wondered why I hadn't gotten some gooey, really caramelly thing. I also didn't like the rice dream (or is it rice cream?) in Norway. It was just too bland and not sweet enough.

Spam is not a snack at WDW??? Oh the humanity!!!!

They're saving it for when they get around to building Hawai'i Land. ;)

The only snack I've ever gotten at WDW that went in the trash was the Iced Green Honey Ginsing we got in the AK. It tasted like soap! :crazy2: Even my eldest daughter, who likes lavender lemonade (which doesn't taste like soap to me but reminds me of soap), couldn't drink it.

I'd also gotten the frozen chai; I've at least liked every hot chai I've ever tried, but I thought the frozen chai was nasty. It had a weird oily texture. Daughter, however, who was not a chai drinker at the time, thought it was ambrosia. :love: Been more than a year since we were there, and she still goes into raptures at the mere mention of it. :rolleyes:

I was also keenly disappointed in the crème brûlée we got at Sunshine Seasons; tasted of marshmallow, so wrong. :mad: But it wasn't inedible; it just didn't deserve the name crème brûlée. :p

Lefse, the bread sprinkled with cinnamon sugar in Norway. I was desperate to get my 2 year old to eat something, anything, and picked that up. She took one bite and gave me a funny face. I insisted it was fine and took a bite...and had to save face by chewing and swallowing really fast. Horrible! Really mealy.

Several years ago, we visited the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian. It smelled so good we were excited that we could buy shingles to eat later. I took one out on the plane home and gave everyone a piece. All of us just went Blech! It was not good at all! The rest of them went into the trash as soon as we got home.

Several years ago, we visited the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian. It smelled so good we were excited that we could buy shingles to eat later. I took one out on the plane home and gave everyone a piece. All of us just went Blech! It was not good at all! The rest of them went into the trash as soon as we got home.

ditto - I never knew gingerbread tasted so bad

Also from my list...

school bread and dole whip - couldn't finish either of them (and I hardly ever let food go to waste)

The s'mores cupcakes at Wilderness Lodge. Yuck. dry and no flavor. one good thing was the 2 pieces of Hershey's chocolate. thank goodness my cousin and I split one!

Napoleon from Boulangerie Patisserie....tasteless cream between dry pastry. It looked luscious and moist like the ones I get at a local bakery here at home but it was so bad I'm surprised it didn't come in a plastic bag labeled Hostess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter