• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Dinner Seating time does everyone have?

What dinner seating do you have?

• First

• Second

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dinner on the ship is at 8:15 pm. I would not base dinner time on what everyone else is doing. I would base it on your kids. It sounds like early dining is a good match for you.

Once again, if we have too many people on late dining, we will be split between two dining rooms. I don't know if Disney will evenly split us or if there will just be left over tables in the second room. We may have no control over scheduling and some people who are switching to be in the room with most of the people, may end up in a room with fewer people than we have on main dining. There are quite a few people on both dining times so this shouldn't be a concern.

Hi Tracy. I'm guessing this means two different dining rotations. Not to be a pain but if it happens can we choose which one? Thanks!

Alas - the coffers are empty :sad2:

If I continue this way - I'm going to need another job just to pay for my Disney trips.
Of course, then I won't be able to take as much time off to take the trips.

that's why I've started teaching on-line.:surfweb: (that, and health-related issues)

So, we've taken care of my schedule. Just have to work on DD schedule.:rolleyes1

Hi Tracy. I'm guessing this means two different dining rotations. Not to be a pain but if it happens can we choose which one? Thanks!

There are three dining rotations. I really don't know what Disney will do if we have too many people for one room. They may divide us into all three rotations. I don't know what kind of notice I will be given about the different rotations and I don't know if you will be able to choose one.

There are three dining rotations. I really don't know what Disney will do if we have too many people for one room. They may divide us into all three rotations. I don't know what kind of notice I will be given about the different rotations and I don't know if you will be able to choose one.

Thanks much! :)

First seating for us. Second is just too late for the kids to eat. Then they'll be bugging for snacks, then be too full for dinner.... ugh! That's just no fun for anyone, and I don't want to scare away any new dining friends we'll be making. They're ok to stay up late for activities, but only if they're sufficiently fed first. :laughing:

First seating for us. Second is just too late for the kids to eat. Then they'll be bugging for snacks, then be too full for dinner.... ugh! That's just no fun for anyone, and I don't want to scare away any new dining friends we'll be making. They're ok to stay up late for activities, but only if they're sufficiently fed first. :laughing:

That sounds just like my kids! They try to get snacks from the time they get home from school until right before we eat dinner, and then they don't want to eat! I think I will stick with the 1st seating. ;)

Will we automatically be assigned a table with other DISers? Is this something that is listed on our reservation?

We are in first - the second sounds so late for us with a 6 year old. Although, we'll be flying in from the West Coast so that is like dinner at "3 p.m."?? Well, that's just more room for snacks!! :)

P.S. - we are not interested at all in dressing up for dinner. We love food, but we are not really into "dining experiences". Are we the only ones who feel this way, and is this a big deal (will we feel or look out of place)??

P.P.S - Also, if we (family of 3) are traveling with another family (of 3) and staying in connecting cabins (under two reservations), can we assume that we will be assigned to sit together at a table of 6?

P.S. - we are not interested at all in dressing up for dinner. We love food, but we are not really into "dining experiences". Are we the only ones who feel this way, and is this a big deal (will we feel or look out of place)??

We're not into the 'dining experience' either. Ambience can be cool, but it's not all that. Nice pant-suit is about as dressy as I get.
Food is for eating, not for looking at.

That sounds just like my kids! They try to get snacks from the time they get home from school until right before we eat dinner, and then they don't want to eat! I think I will stick with the 1st seating. ;)

Will we automatically be assigned a table with other DISers? Is this something that is listed on our reservation?

As mentioned before, our group will be seated together.

We are in first - the second sounds so late for us with a 6 year old. Although, we'll be flying in from the West Coast so that is like dinner at "3 p.m."?? Well, that's just more room for snacks!! :)

P.P.S - Also, if we (family of 3) are traveling with another family (of 3) and staying in connecting cabins (under two reservations), can we assume that we will be assigned to sit together at a table of 6?

You don't have to get very dressed up at dinner, though shorts, torn clothing, bathing suits are strongly discouraged. There is one dress up night (notice it's not called a formal or semi formal night, it just isn't that big of a deal).

Anyone linked together, as you are, will be seated together. You won't necessarily be at a table for 6 and if you want a table for 6 you should request that. Otherwise, Disney may seat you at a table for 6, 8 or 10.

Hi Everyone!
We are first time cruisers and this is our first DIS event. We also have second seating and are look forward to meeting you all!
Patti & Kevin:goodvibes

I don't have kids, but that's why I'm chose first dining. ;)

QUOTE]

I agree with you. My hubby and I have cruised on NCL ("freestyle cruising") and LOVED it. We never had to dress up, nor did we have to eat at a certain time, or with the same people. I haven't been on a cruise with assigned dining, but I would rather eat when I want. Going to WDW is the same way- we make ADRs so we can be sure to eat at places we like, but often we are not even hungry when we get there. But, we made the reservation, so we eat anyway! :rotfl:

On Podcast Cruise 1.0, I didn't dress up except to go to Palo (the adult restaurant experience). I did change out of my day clothes, but it was still casual wear that I was comfortable in. Kinda like I was going to dinner at a local mom and pop diner.

We have 2nd too!

Hey Tracy...quick question...since our group will be seated together is there anyway to have our reservation linked with another party that did not book through DU and are not DISer's? I have 2 couples that will be on the boat and I was going to ask I be linked with them but never got around to asking. Since this thread started I figured now was as good a time as any. :goodvibes

Thanks!

We have 2nd too!

Hey Tracy...quick question...since our group will be seated together is there anyway to have our reservation linked with another party that did not book through DU and are not DISer's? I have 2 couples that will be on the boat and I was going to ask I be linked with them but never got around to asking. Since this thread started I figured now was as good a time as any. :goodvibes

Thanks!

We can link them but to do that I will need at email at Tracy@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com and you'll have to give me their reservation numbers and names.

It looks like we may one of the few who have 1st seating. My son is usually going to sleep around the time of the second seating.
I'm just looking foward to someone else cooking & doing the dishes.

It looks like we may one of the few who have 1st seating. My son is usually going to sleep around the time of the second seating.
I'm just looking foward to someone else cooking & doing the dishes.

Just because few are posting they have main dining doesn't mean that there are only a few on main dining :goodvibes There are many on both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter