What did you do today to save money?

there's was actually at $2.07. I pulled in for a quick fill-up. 90 minutes later when I drove back by, their price was up to $2.21.

I always say "SOMEONE woke up on the wrong side of the bed today"....seems like gas prices change for no apparent reason.

I did the same thing last week. Gas prices were $1.88, I still had between 1/4 and 1/2 tank, so I didn't fill it. Next day they were up to $2.21! :) Luckily I was able to limp by for a few days and it at least came down to $2.12 before I HAD to fill it.

Right now my dashboard widget is showing the Wal*mart by me is still at $1.99 while the Speedway is up to $2.25. :scared1:

I canceled my aol sub.( because we actual have internet thru the cable company. and I'm thinking about canceling my dogs pet insurance.

I saved a $15 co-pay at the eye doctor.

The office clerk was about to charge me $15 when I told her I don't usually pay (due to the original eye doctor who opened the office was my great step uncle).

And since I was just there 2 weeks prior & this was a check up to make sure the new brand of contacts fit me why should I be charged.

So she asked the other girl & she said it was a no charge & it said so on the office slip.

I do hope they find out that they charged me a co-pay in error so I can have $15 check coming back to me.

I also haven't used my credit card since the week before Christmas nor has dh. We have been living off our debit card.

But that also means I paid the bills on Thurs & Friday & we have very limited cash flow until my check on Thursday. I mean if I am desperate I can charge it but I am not going to do that since it is Monday & Thurs is only 3 days away.

I didn't do our usual pizza on DD dance day. (thanks to this thread)Asked DH to make some noodles and steak. (both bought on great sales.) Saved about 10.00.:) :)
Wennt food shopping and between triple coupons, and some free coupons, And a 5.00 off from our store my bill was 94.00 down to 40.00.:cool1:
Just keeping this thread in mind!:thumbsup2

Checked on-line to see if our local library had the book my DS wanted before heading out to the bookstore (they did). We made a trip to the library instead to check it out :cool1: .

For lunch I had a free school lunch. Since I am starting my masters program I have stocked the fridge and freezer with easy to make meals that the kids can put together themselves, rather than grab take out/pizza on the way home. The way my schedule is looking, it won't be a problem to NOT eat out in an actual restaurant. I'll have no time!

I bought enough salt and jello from Walgreens to last my family a year. Most of it was halfprice. Yahoo!!!!!

We didn't go anywhere today! I also set the heat for 69 and just bundled up DD.

We ate dinner at home even though we really wanted to go out.

We didn't go anywhere today! I also set the heat for 69 and just bundled up DD.

We ate dinner at home even though we really wanted to go out.

Wow! 69 would be great! We have to keep ours at 65 during the day....still can't afford that!

I soooooooooo thought about stopping on my way home for fast food but talked myself out of it!:cool1:

Please stop posting to this thread...I can't keep up to date on 2 threads!:goodvibes

I've started a weekly thread, please join us there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter