what college/univ give kids a tuition break if a parent works there?

I work for Parkland Community College in Champaign, IL. Currently our contract allows for immediate family of professional support staff to get free tuition. I believe faculty has the same benefit but can not say for certain since I'm not faculty.

Wagner College.
My children could go there for free or get the Tuition Exchange for over 500 schools if they qualify. My dd got the tuition exchange plus half off her dorm for Muhlenberg but it does not cover the full cost, but most. I am so lucky I work there! I left working part time in NYC to full time less pay at Wagner for the bennefits.

My dd graduated early from Muhlenberg (from my quote above) since between starting school with college credits and taking classes at Wagner for free during summer now has her college degree (starting Brooklyn Law in August).

I tell my boss at work Ill chain myself to my desk Im not leaving.

I have an 18 year old ds that plays baseball. He only had a fall roster spot at Wagner but got a full spot at Concordia for half tuition. Concordia is in the Tuition Exchange list and their tuition is less than what TE gives so his full tuition is now also covered. Working at my job has been such a gift for both my kids! It was worth it for me to leave the city part time with more money to now since I could never cover their full tuition.

Sometimes that's the case for the free tuition. It may not apply to every employee, it may only be academic tenured staff, for instance. It may not be free, but a reduction. You may need to have been with the school a number of years to qualify. And, of course, your kids need to get in, which isnt easy at some of the schools mentioned.

This is correct. We were only looking at schools that took the TE when my dd started her search. My dd would have been able to get into Villanova on her own but I was always very up front with the FinAid ppl and would come out and ask how their process worked. For Villanova at the time we looked I was told they will take the top 5-6 applicants with highest SAT scores. My dd had a high score but not 2400 so someone would always be higher and I expected tons of applicants at such a popular and great school.

She did love Muhlenberg and visited three times. Admissions and FinAid told her if she did ED (which they are big on) they would do an early read and save her a TE spot. She was accepted in October of Senior Year.

At Wagner, they give out only 3-5 TE opportunities depending on the year and it goes by senority. This year they gave out five. I was second on the waitlist and one person from thte regular waitlist didnt use or get the TE from the other school for their child and the first on the waitlist same thing so thank goodness I was able to get it. I didnt have any trouble five years aho for my dd since it just depends on who is going for it and getting it each year.

The TE and free Wagner tuition was the only reason I took the job and left a great payingnpart time job to work full time but now only ten minute commute as opposed to 90 minutes each way.

Penn State offers 75% off tuition to full time employees' children, regardless of position held on campus (faculty, staff, etc). The benefit is not taxable.
Misericordia University offers 100% tuition to full time employee's children, regardless of position held on campus (faculty, staff, etc). The benefit is not taxable. There is also a tuition exchange program with tons of other colleges, but that isn't guaranteed. In order to get the free tuition at one of the other schools, someone from that school has to want to come to Misericordia. Then it depends on seniority of employment as to who gets the discount. It seems like it would hardly ever work out, but I do know of a few people who have benefited from it.

My institution offers free tuition to faculty and all staff, as well as a lengthy (200+) list of tuition exchange schools where dependents can get free tuition as well. You have to work here for two years to get that benefit, but everybody gets it - many of our housekeepers have been working here because their kids get the free tuition.

The university where DH is on faculty gives free tuition to the spouses and children of all employees. They also have agreements with about 300 colleges and universities for the dependents of employees to attend these schools basically tuition-free. At the university where he is an adjunct, they give a 50% tuition discount for that university only to the children of full-time employees and 25% discount to dependents of part-time and adjunct employees. They only have a tuition agreement with one other state university, for basically the same percentage benefits.

Southern New Hampshire University- free tuition for children and spouse.

The Ohio State University gives a 50% tuition discount to dependants and spouses of employees, and 75% if both parents work there. Employees can go tuition free to any program that accepts them, including graduate school.

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but the University of Oklahoma just recently began offering free tuition to the dependents of all staff. The only requirement is that the dependent has to be on the employee's insurance plan. Staff themselves get 1/2 off of tuition and most fees.

Marquette University offers some sort of tuition discount.
You must be employed for 5 years before utilizing that perk.
Darn!! (Wish I'd known 5 years ago...)
That's DD #1 college choice.

For the state universities of PA (Cal U, Slippery Rock, IUP, Shippensburg, etc)... You must be teaching at least 6 credits for that semester for the discount. That means you must teach at least two classes.

Purdue University (which is a really good value anyway) is about 50% off for children of staff or faculty. Spouses also get a reduced rate per credit hour.

Gonzaga is THE place around us for the best benefits on this-

f/t employee-100% tuition waiver, p/t-50% tuition waiver (includes graduate and doctoral programs), their spouses/dependent children can (after 1 year of the person they are linked to being employed)-50% waiver, after 3 years-75% waiver, after 5 years-100% waiver. spouses can get 1 degree under the program (undergrad or graduate), dependents are limited to 1 undergraduate degree. they also have some kind of agreements with a network of other universities across the country that allows use of the tuition waiver.

not chump change when annual tuition is just shy of $39,000.

the university dd attends has a program wherein f/t staff can take up to 2 classes per quarter free of charge (no tuition/fees) AND their supervisors are supposed to work to the best of their operational ability to facilitate usage (so schedule staff around their 2 chosen classes each quarter). the university has lots of jobs that don't require college degrees but wants to encourage all staff to acquire them. they have a pretty good participation rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter