• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're Still Hungry! A DDW July Getaway - 8/5 Complete!

How Magical for your mom, who really deserves to know how special she is, and for the manager to remember you, her amazing son. That was really special and reminded me why I love Disney so much. You both deserve that type of treatment!

How Magical for your mom, who really deserves to know how special she is, and for the manager to remember you, her amazing son. That was really special and reminded me why I love Disney so much. You both deserve that type of treatment!
Thanks so much for your kind words! This incident also reminded me why I love Disney - it's not just the desserts, but rather the idea that if you remain positive and share that positivity with others, it'll come back to you in some way. Of course, that doesn't have to be in the form of a dessert, but simply the opportunity to have a memorable encounter with a friendly guest or great cast member. A ton of special moments are being created all the time in WDW, and even the smallest gesture can result in a magical memory. :goodvibes

After enjoying EMH at MK until about 1am (and staying up for another 2 hours :laughing:), I definitely didn’t feel like waking up early on our departure day. Instead, I got up at about 10am, and I decided to head down to The Wave for breakfast. I really enjoyed my lunch here earlier in the trip - here's the menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner:

IMG_4536.jpg

IMG_4089.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

Since I was in the mood for a variety of things, I thought the breakfast buffet would be a perfect choice. My mom and I both enjoyed the buffet shortly after it began around January 2011.

Here’s my first plate. It has multigrain Mickey waffles, sweet potato pancakes,strawberries, blueberries, honey pecan butter, the omelet of the day, and scrambled eggs. Everything was very good (including the multigrain waffle), but there were some highlights.

IMG_4604.jpg

In particular, I really enjoyed the sweet potato pancake with honey pecan butter. The pancake had a warm spicing that reminded me of autumn and pumpkin pie, and it was perfect with the sweet, crunchy butter and fresh berries.

IMG_4605.jpg

My second plate focused more on the cold offerings, and I even had room for a third plate.

IMG_4625.jpg

IMG_4632.jpg

Overall, The Wave's breakfast buffet was as good as I remembered, and I once again had great service from Ashley. At $20, the buffet provides a good value for the variety of food (and interesting options) available. I took pictures of almost everything available at the buffet (biscuits and gravy are the only thing I didn't take a picture of).

IMG_4606.jpg

Eggs Benedict with Key Lime Hollandaise

IMG_4607.jpg

Sticky Mickey Cinnamon Buns

IMG_4608.jpg

Cheese Grits with Bacon

IMG_4609.jpg

IMG_4610.jpg

Lots of Pastries

IMG_4611.jpg

IMG_4612.jpg

IMG_4613.jpg

IMG_4614.jpg

IMG_4615.jpg

IMG_4616.jpg

The delicious Honey Pecan Butter

IMG_4617.jpg

IMG_4618.jpg

More fruit!

IMG_4619.jpg

IMG_4620.jpg

IMG_4621.jpg

Smoked Salmon and Accompaniments

IMG_4622.jpg

Oh my GOSH!!!I was impressed by that GFC meal, big time! But those treats are some serious DISNEY MAGIC!!! What a nice gesture for the manager to not only surprise you both, but WOW!!! Those desserts look beautiful. :goodvibes Fantastic detail in guest service,like this, is WHY I booked yet another WDW vacation. :thumbsup2 And you all deserve it! ;) I'm so impressed by that thought. So sweet!! In every way. :goodvibes

Well, gotta comment on the Wave looking great! My stomach is now rumbling & I'm wondering if I should replace FRESH w/ this place. :scratchin
[I'm wishing I had this instead of that cheeseburger from McD's.:scared:]

You are not helping my indecision!! :rotfl2: The Wave is the only breakfast that I am not totally sold on! This is our 3rd try for this place and I'm hoping it will be good compared to the prior two visits. Granted, it has been completely my choice in the past to have oatmeal that makes it less than stellar but what can I expect with only oatmeal?? :confused3

The buffet options look great so I hope that I this will be the time that turns my opinion from blah to :thumbsup2

I do want to try grits for once in my life so this looks like my chance. :)

All I can say is that buffet looks quite yummy. :thumbsup2
It was a very good buffet. :) Since The Wave doesn't have much atmosphere to speak of, the food has to make up for it (which it did during both of my Wave meals in July :thumbsup2).

Oh my GOSH!!!I was impressed by that GFC meal, big time! But those treats are some serious DISNEY MAGIC!!! What a nice gesture for the manager to not only surprise you both, but WOW!!! Those desserts look beautiful. :goodvibes Fantastic detail in guest service,like this, is WHY I booked yet another WDW vacation. :thumbsup2 And you all deserve it! ;) I'm so impressed by that thought. So sweet!! In every way. :goodvibes
Thanks so much! You're so right - this definitely exemplifies why we return to WDW (not necessarily the desserts, but rather the gesture itself and the incredibly kind CMs we get to meet). Disney's such a magical place, and that's largely thanks to the people. :thumbsup2

Well, gotta comment on the Wave looking great! My stomach is now rumbling & I'm wondering if I should replace FRESH w/ this place. :scratchin
[I'm wishing I had this instead of that cheeseburger from McD's.:scared:]
I can't help you there - I've never been to Fresh, but it seems to get pretty good reviews. If anything at The Wave jumps out at you, then it would probably be worth switching. :)

You are not helping my indecision!! :rotfl2: The Wave is the only breakfast that I am not totally sold on! This is our 3rd try for this place and I'm hoping it will be good compared to the prior two visits. Granted, it has been completely my choice in the past to have oatmeal that makes it less than stellar but what can I expect with only oatmeal?? :confused3

The buffet options look great so I hope that I this will be the time that turns my opinion from blah to :thumbsup2

I do want to try grits for once in my life so this looks like my chance. :)
After looking at The Wave's breakfast menu, I think the buffet would definitely be a more interesting choice than oatmeal (and it would give you an opportunity to try grits). But even if you don't want the full buffet, there are a few à la carte dishes that sound good to me (such as the egg white frittata or the sweet potato pancakes). :thumbsup2

All caught up now, just in time for the end it looks like? Love your reviews, you certainly have a way with words. I'm considering adding GFC for our next trip. What do you think of the atmosphere? Is it casual enough to bring a small child? We would probably have breakfast or lunch there on our MK day.

Okay, so that just leaves one more day of food. I'm going to guess that you started your day with breakfast at Kona Cafe, then lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe, followed by appetizers at the CA Grill lounge, and ending your day with dinner at The Wave. So did I get any right? Or am I, 0 for 4??? :lmao:

It's hard to explain, but 3 of those 4 restaurants will be appearing somewhere over the next few updates. ;)

Aha! So I guess I was 3 for 4, just had the timing/meals all wrong! :lmao:

And I have soooo been wanting to try those sweet potato pancakes! I just wish I could convince my family that having a sit-down breakfast is worth giving up sleep time for. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was really happy to see this bonus review up this morning, as I had wrongly assumed that the GFC was your last meal of the trip. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for your kind words! This incident also reminded me why I love Disney - it's not just the desserts, but rather the idea that if you remain positive and share that positivity with others, it'll come back to you in some way. Of course, that doesn't have to be in the form of a dessert, but simply the opportunity to have a memorable encounter with a friendly guest or great cast member. A ton of special moments are being created all the time in WDW, and even the smallest gesture can result in a magical memory. :goodvibes

Well put!

My mouth is watering! Love the Wave buffet...pecan butter, Key Lime Eggs Benedict...the cool, quiet atmosphere. Great cocktails in the evening, too. We are not going for breakfast in Sept for breakfast cause it's a pain to ge to early from BWI. Sigh.

Love those sweet potato pancakes...really remind me of the ones they used to have at Boatwright's at POR.

Jill in CO

I love those pancakes, DDW. I also spotted the eggs Benedict which are my fave. I wish they would use smoked salmon as the meat instead of the usual bacon or ham.

Thanks so much! You're so right - this definitely exemplifies why we return to WDW (not necessarily the desserts, but rather the gesture itself and the incredibly kind CMs we get to meet). Disney's such a magical place, and that's largely thanks to the people. :thumbsup2

Yes! Exactly. That was just over the top! My DH was very impressed by everything as well. He's the one that tends to pump the brakes on a WDW vaca. But the staff really impressed him,when they did that for you all. I can tell after that, he's ready to pack!! ;)

Oh wow, I really like the sound of sweet potato pancakes with the honey pecan butter
Sounds like the kind of dish I would love :goodvibes

What a fantstic surprise at Narcoossee! A whole table full of desserts is like a dream come true. :laughing: You can't beat the customer service you get at WDW. A moment like that truly makes a trip special. So glad that you and your mom got to enjoy such a wonderful expereince there. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter