• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're Still Hungry! A DDW July Getaway - 8/5 Complete!

DonaldDoleWhip

DIS Veteran
Last time (or times) in March and May, we experienced some delicious meals throughout WDW. Artist Point and Yachtsman continued to impress us, Tutto Gusto made a satisfying first impression, and there were other surprises as well (such as cake pops, citrus swirls, and truffle oil hot dogs).

Well, we couldn't wait much longer, so we decided to take another short trip. We'll be staying at the Contemporary after scoring a great annual passholder rate, and we're super excited to be arriving on Friday. :goodvibes

Happy 4th of July to everyone, and I can't wait to get started on the reviews in about a week! :wizard:

I am definitely in! Haven't made any changes to our plans in at least a week so we'll see if your reviews break my streak! :upsidedow

Hooray!!! More donald reviews! I am excited to hear all about it.

Enjoy your trip and happy dining! (I tend to think it's al about the food so I hope you enjoy your tme between meals as well! ) :goodvibes

I've been to Narcoossee and we really enjoyed it. That was almost 5 years ago, so I'm looking forward to hearing your update with the new chef. We have AP and CG ADR's for our Oct trip, so can't wait to see those reviews too.

:wave: Yay, I'm first!! Count me in!
Thanks so much for following along! Your recent reviews have been keeping me going over the past few weeks, so I hope mine do the same for you. :goodvibes

I am definitely in! Haven't made any changes to our plans in at least a week so we'll see if your reviews break my streak! :upsidedow
Thanks for joining! Very impressive that your plans have remained in place for over a week - can't wait to see how your itinerary ends up changing. ;)

Hooray!!! More donald reviews! I am excited to hear all about it.

Enjoy your trip and happy dining! (I tend to think it's al about the food so I hope you enjoy your tme between meals as well! ) :goodvibes
Thanks so much! I hope my reviews help the time go by before your next trip (as I know I'll be reading your reviews to help with my withdrawal :laughing:).

I've been to Narcoossee and we really enjoyed it. That was almost 5 years ago, so I'm looking forward to hearing your update with the new chef. We have AP and CG ADR's for our Oct trip, so can't wait to see those reviews too.
I'm really excited to review Narcoossee's again - based on the menu alone, I have a feeling that they've stepped things up. Hopefully my AP and CG reviews will also be useful. :)

So excited for this!
Thanks for joining in! I'm glad to see that you have a trip coming up soon - hopefully the reviews will start whetting your appetite. :thumbsup2

Have a great trip! :cool1:
Thank so much! I'm happy that you're following along. :)

Looking forward to your report. I'm anxious to hear about Narcoossees, that has always been a favorite of ours, but our last trip was 2 years ago. Enjoy!

Looking forward to your report. I'm anxious to hear about Narcoossees, that has always been a favorite of ours, but our last trip was 2 years ago. Enjoy!
I can't wait to tell you more about Narcoossee's! Their current menu is quite impressive - they still have classics like the lobster, surf & turf, crispy whole snapper, and almond-crusted cheesecake, but many of their other menu items have received some interesting updates. Hopefully I'll have nothing but positive things to say about our meal there. :goodvibes

I'll also be following along! Wishing you an enjoyable and DRY trip, unlike the prior few weeks.

It is far too early for ADRs for us but my tentative plan at this time is DxDP in order to try multiple Signatures. Cali Grill was my 'wild card' - couldn't decide whether to include it or not - but Disney has taken it off the table with the refurb. Ah, well, more room for other choices.

I'm really looking forward to reading your reviews. :)
Thanks so much for joining in! I really hope you enjoy the reviews. :goodvibes

I'll also be following along! Wishing you an enjoyable and DRY trip, unlike the prior few weeks.

It is far too early for ADRs for us but my tentative plan at this time is DxDP in order to try multiple Signatures. Cali Grill was my 'wild card' - couldn't decide whether to include it or not - but Disney has taken it off the table with the refurb. Ah, well, more room for other choices.
Thanks for the wishes! Even if it ends up raining, we definitely won't let that ruin our trip. :)

DxDP would be a great way to try various signature restaurants. Even though Cali Grill will be closed for a while, there are quite a few other signatures that would be worth trying. I highly recommend Artist Point and Yachtsman, and hopefully my reviews of AP and Narcoossee's will speak for themselves. :thumbsup2

We're doing the DxDP and we have 6 signatures. Our trip is Oct so CG is on our list, along with Artist Point, Flying Fish, Citricos, Niko and Cinderella's Royal Table.

Ooooh, excellent! I'm so looking forward to more of your fantastic reviews!

I've recently become a big fan of your reviews. I cannot wait to hear about your gastronomical adventures this time around!

:cool1:Yay another trip :cool1: Can't wait to hear all about it!
Glad that you're following along! I enjoyed your recent reviews very much. :goodvibes

We're doing the DxDP and we have 6 signatures. Our trip is Oct so CG is on our list, along with Artist Point, Flying Fish, Citricos, Niko and Cinderella's Royal Table.
I think you've made some great choices. AP, FF, Citricos, Jiko, and Cali Grill all have their fair share of supporters, and while CRT might not be at the same level in terms of food, it's certainly a unique experience (plus the price includes gratuity and a photo package, which counts for something). :thumbsup2

Ooooh, excellent! I'm so looking forward to more of your fantastic reviews!
Thanks for joining in! I've enjoyed your recent reviews as well (especially of the food court at Art of Animation - I'm really hoping to try it). :)

I've recently become a big fan of your reviews. I cannot wait to hear about your gastronomical adventures this time around!
Thanks so much! I'm really happy to hear that you've enjoyed my past reviews, and hopefully this report will also be enjoyable. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter