Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

So much to do. I am in denial that we are going on this trip ("What you talkin' 'bout, a Disney trip?").
On the list:
Haircuts for all 6 of us
I need to buy 4 pairs of shoes
Buy all the clothes for me and some for DH
Buy random toiletries, snacks and toys/entertainment for the drive
Print out itineraries, stroller tag
Order some costumes from the disney parks app
Buy any Christmas decorations for room
Let older kids' school know about trip
Find a place to board the bunny
Have car washed and cleaned out

I also have a weird thing where I have to have the entire house spotless (like selling clean) before I go on vacation, so I'm trying to get that done between all our regular stuff.
I also wanted to lose 10 pounds, but may be too late for that, darn it.

So last night DH got really excited over pressed pennies of all things. :confused3 So I was looking into how many there are and geez oh pete! I'm trying to figure out what a reasonable amount of coins to take is. But I also wanted to have a plan for them when we got home. I'm sure we'll be making a photo book of the trip afterwards and we could attach them to pages in there. But I also saw this and thought it was really cool. If we did it on rustic wood, it would even fit our decor at home.

View attachment 205529

I counted. :crazy: 137 pennies and 19 quarters (I think). That totals $84.12. Not terribly bad for a Disney souvenir really. But is it possible or advisable to try to get this many coins pressed in one trip? :confused: It does sound fun to track them down during our park touring and resort hopping. I found this website with tons of info: http://www.themouseforless.com/disney-downloads/pocket-guides/pressed-coins-checklists/

What is everyone else's plan for pressed coins? I see a lot of people are putting coins on their packing list and park bag lists. :D
My kids each have a pressed coin album that they keep theirs in. Just a fun little thing to collect.

@JamieOak They turned out great! Did the instructions from your Etsy seller say to cover with clear nail polish, or did you do that? My seller's instructions suggested a coat of clear nail polish and I'm wondering if it's necessary or how it looks, if it helps, etc.

So much to do. I am in denial that we are going on this trip ("What you talkin' 'bout, a Disney trip?").
On the list:
Haircuts for all 6 of us

I also have a weird thing where I have to have the entire house spotless (like selling clean) before I go on vacation, so I'm trying to get that done between all our regular stuff.

That is one overwhelming list! You better get cracking!

I too got motivated to lose a few pounds and started running again...bonus, it helps break in my new shoes!

And I hear you on having a clean house to come home to. Might is pretty much never show clean haha, but it will be tidy and vacuumed and no dishes waiting!

@JamieOak They turned out great! Did the instructions from your Etsy seller say to cover with clear nail polish, or did you do that? My seller's instructions suggested a coat of clear nail polish and I'm wondering if it's necessary or how it looks, if it helps, etc.

None of the instructions I received recommended the nail polish. If you coated with nail polish, would you be able to take it off later on? I liked the decals because they aren't permanent, but I would think you could peel off the the nail polish later on.

I feel pretty confident with all of them staying on though.

19 days for us!
I worked on our Christmas party touring plan last night. I'm guessing that's the sort of thing I'll be doing all week. I haven't looked at our touring plans much in the last few weeks.
Me either!! I'm totally stressed about this party planning. I was crazy to think I could just go and enjoy an evening at MVMCP. :santa:

Okay I am ready to clean up some ADRs now. I thought I posted it here first. All for party of 3. Please PM if interested. I will like to cancel them by tonight. Thanks!

11/28 Garden Grill Breakfast @930a
11/29 BOG @1250p
12/2 BOG @940a (gone)
12/2 Ohana Dinner @750p (gone)
12/3 Jiko Dinner @730p

<<UPDATE: All cancelled by 715pm tonight 11/8/16>>

Last edited:
Small first aid supplies - band aids, sunscreen, Tylenol, moleskin. In a ziploc.

Easily accessible hand sanitizer. Must have!! My kids love to touch railings in line :crazy2:

Snacks, brita water bottles, candy/suckers/gum if you're a gum person (can't buy gum anywhere in the parks!)

My big camera

Stickers, glow sticks for kids

I also throw a change of clothes and sandals for each kid in a tote that goes in the bottom of the stroller.

And pull ups and wipes of course

So jealous of you guys going without young kids so you don't have all the extra crap to haul haha!
I got a sanitizer that will hang off of the stroller. I'll take a small boogie wipes just to have for food on the face sort of thing. I was a terrible parent and didn't even bring a change of clothes for DD last year. Water goes in bottom of stroller. We refer to my DH water bottle as his Binky. It is always attached to him. Sunscreen is a must unless you want to pay $13 for a bottle. It is literally $13, yes I had to pay that last year.

That is one overwhelming list! You better get cracking!

I too got motivated to lose a few pounds and started running again...bonus, it helps break in my new shoes!

And I hear you on having a clean house to come home to. Might is pretty much never show clean haha, but it will be tidy and vacuumed and no dishes waiting!
We're putting our house on the market this week. Fingers crossed for a quick sell. Our house will need to be sparkling when we leave. I need to talk to our realtor but not sure about doing a ton of Christmas decorations especially before we leave. Hopefully it will have a contract before then!! I need some major Disney magic!
pixiedust:

I'm so excited, we just interviewed (and offered a job) to someone that is going to Disney the same time my family is! They are going to Vero for a couple days first, too! She's not on here though. Pretty excited to talk planning with someone who actually knows what I'm talking about.
I'm way more pumped about the trip than my co-workers. I send my boss stuff all the time. Pretty sure she thinks I'm nuts. But thanks to DIS is was able to tell her about the CP package that she got the time she wanted.

We're putting our house on the market this week. Fingers crossed for a quick sell. Our house will need to be sparkling when we leave. I need to talk to our realtor but not sure about doing a ton of Christmas decorations especially before we leave. Hopefully it will have a contract before then!! I need some major Disney magic!
pixiedust:
Fingers crossed you get a quick sell - above asking price!! :flower1:

pixiedust:
good luck on this!!! :dogdance: Hope it sells quickly and at a great price!

None of the instructions I received recommended the nail polish. If you coated with nail polish, would you be able to take it off later on? I liked the decals because they aren't permanent, but I would think you could peel off the the nail polish later on.

Here are our MBs
View attachment 205656

Attachments

• IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 18
So last night DH got really excited over pressed pennies of all things. :confused3 So I was looking into how many there are and geez oh pete! I'm trying to figure out what a reasonable amount of coins to take is. But I also wanted to have a plan for them when we got home. I'm sure we'll be making a photo book of the trip afterwards and we could attach them to pages in there. But I also saw this and thought it was really cool. If we did it on rustic wood, it would even fit our decor at home.

View attachment 205529

I counted. :crazy: 137 pennies and 19 quarters (I think). That totals $84.12. Not terribly bad for a Disney souvenir really. But is it possible or advisable to try to get this many coins pressed in one trip? :confused: It does sound fun to track them down during our park touring and resort hopping. I found this website with tons of info: http://www.themouseforless.com/disney-downloads/pocket-guides/pressed-coins-checklists/

What is everyone else's plan for pressed coins? I see a lot of people are putting coins on their packing list and park bag lists. :D

Love this souvenir!

Me either!! I'm totally stressed about this party planning. I was crazy to think I could just go and enjoy an evening at MVMCP. :santa:

I knew you were on one of my threads somewhere!! I'm sorry you're stressed out now. :( I just felt bad about the idea that you would walk out of BOG and your heart would just sink when you saw the size of the M&G lines. Better to decide now which thing is more important! We'll be getting a lot more party reports this week so very soon we'll know how much time it would take to meet both Judy and Jack. :hyper2: :thumbsup2

I knew you were on one of my threads somewhere!! I'm sorry you're stressed out now. :( I just felt bad about the idea that you would walk out of BOG and your heart would just sink when you saw the size of the M&G lines. Better to decide now which thing is more important! We'll be getting a lot more party reports this week so very soon we'll know how much time it would take to meet both Judy and Jack. :hyper2: :thumbsup2
Heard it was about an hour or so all night for Judy and Nick? (on the MVMCP thread)

On the list:
Haircuts for all 6 of us

I am the same way!! My husband always says leave it because no one will see it. I want to feel like I can relax when I get back!

pixiedust:
Wow and I thought I was planning to much stuff before our trip!!!
Good luck pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

There's still time I haven't ordered mine yet!!

Just showed them to my DD and she wants them. See how that works, get the 11 yr old to want one then my hubby won't say anything about ordering more. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter