Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

Meeko5

DIS Veteran
I know there was a group of us on the Free Dining Thread all going the week after Thanksgiving - after the bonding into the wee hours while waiting for FD to drop, thought we could use a thread of our own to carry on in.

So, introduce yourselves, chat about your trip, carry on (my wayward son for you Supernatural fans)...

Google Doc to post plans:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/159c0T0mYldifiT6CrUm18XvgBEbsLe_v8UHcT6y42cQ/edit

Roll Call :wave:

Meeko5: ASSp 11/25-12/3 with DH, DS7, DS 2.5

Iowamomof4
: Pop 11/26-11/28, AoA 11/28-12/7 with DH, DD16, DS15, DS9, DD8

JamieOak: Universal at RPR 11/25-11/27, BWV 11/27-12/4 with DH. Doing MVMCP on 12/1, EMM on 11/29, and Wild Africa Trek 11/28 8:45 am.

CandyCane83
: Universal at RPR 11/30-12/3, Swan 12/3-12/6, CR 12/6-12/12 with DH, DS2 (first trip for DS2!)

missnikki411: CSR 11/26-12/2 with DH. Doing MVMCP on 11/29

kellyjeanie: CBR 11/26-12/3 with DH, DS11, DD8, DS5

Sharla75: Pop 11/25, BC 11/26-12/3 with DH, DD11, DS5. Doing MVMCP on 12/1

BDFmom: CBR 11/26-12/6 with DD17, DS14. Doing EMM 11/29, MVMCP on 12/1, 12/3 SW dessert party

jlundeen: POFQ 11/27-12/3 with BDB (best disney buddy)

Melwhit16: ASSp with DH, DD12 + extended family. Party of 13!

TiggerManiac: CBR 11/26-12/5 with DH

rere101399: Offsite 11/26-12/3 with DH, DS5 and DS3.5

X96msm: ASSp 11/26-12/4

KateSpade79: OKW 11/26-12/1, offsite WBC 12/1-12/4 with DH, DD13, DS10, DS6

EcknMama: Pop 11/27-12/2 with DH, DD11, DS9, DS4 and possibly IL's.

MonaMN: CSR 11/26-12/3 with DH and DD. Doing MVMCP 11/29.

heath92681: BC 11/25, CBR 11/26-11/30 with DH, DS6, DS4

goav2000: CBR 11/27-12/3 with DW for 10th anniversary. Doing MVMCP 11/29.

Princess Amy: Pop 11/24-12/4 with DH, DS14, and DD3 for anniversary and birthday.

ElenaofAvalor: OKW 11/25-12/3 with DH and 4 kids. Doing MVMCP on 11/29.

L_MD: POFQ 11/23-12/3. Solo trip. Doing 11/29 MVMCP and the 11/29 EMM.

Tammil: CBR 11/25-12/3 with DH, DD15, DD12, DD9.

DisneyGB: BWI 11/27-12/3 with DH, DD9, DS6, and parents. Doing MVMCP on 12/2.

Twoolle: CBR 11/27 - 12/3 with DH, DS7, DS5, DD3, DS1

GoldenOwner: CBR 11/27 - 12/5 with DH, DD4.5, DD2.5

plumsiren: POFQ 11/28 - 12/4 with dad and aunt.

Astryd: POFQ/OKW split stay 11/24 for 10 days with SO for their honeymoon!

kimyinpink: POP 11/25-12/3 with DH, DS(almost)4, and DS(almost)2.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, Farrah here and we did get our desired hotel after a couple glitches so Disney here we come :) This year it will be just four of the family due to leaving one of our moody teenagers at home and the other being the oldest has entered the work force so mom can't really write him a note to get him out of his job. I'm looking forward to this trip more than you know because I trip in Oct. was less than steller. See you all there :dumbo::stitch::simba::charac4::ccat::tinker:

I wasn't in on the original discussion, but I was able to get three rooms at CBR for 11/26-12/1. A short trip for us, but we'll have a three month old along this time! Definitely don't want to overdo it. :) This is the first time we are bringing people with us...we had to. Our family officially surpasses moderate level capacity now, so we need grandparents to divide up some kids, haha. This is a first for us for Christmastime! We are usually September goers, but baby is coming in August this year. I'm really excited for the holidays at Disney!

we went last October and the Halloween decorations were so cool. Really looking forward to the Christmas stuff this year!

I'm Amy, from the Huntsville, AL area. My husband and I will be going down for a 1-year-delayed 25th anniversary celebration, but it's conveniently the actual 25th anniversary of our first trip to Disney together (stayed at CBR) and celebration of dh's 55th birthday. His birthday was in February, but we wanted to delay the trip until the holiday season, since most of our previous trips with the kids were in October during school fall breaks. Both kids are in college/grad school now, so we're taking our first adults-only trip in 25 years!

Our dates are Nov 27 - Dec 5 in a standard view room at CBR. Our original dates were Nov 28 - Dec 6, but there was no availability for free dining, so we adjusted. I'd really prefer to adjust back to our original dates if free dining becomes available somewhere down the road.

Hi y'all!
I'm Gigi from Charlotte, NC. After a hilarious night of binge eating, caffeine chugging, online chatting, website stalking, a short doze and major nerves...I have FD booked for a CR garden wing room for 11/27-12/2! I really wanted to check-in on 11/26 but it was unavailable. I'll keep trying, but can live with what I booked if not.

I have been to disney a couple of times, but not in over a decade. It will be the first trip for DH, DS4.5 (will be 5) and DS3. I actually was able to get FD last year and then due to several circumstances, including closing on our home sale in the middle of what was supposed to be our trip, we had to cancel and put it off a year. I had done all the work once already (FD, ADRs, etc), so needless to say this trip is highly anticipated at this point!

Looking forward to chatting with you guys more!

Hey guys!! I'm Jamie from Louisiana. We are going 11/28-12-4. It's going to be me,dh, my two year old son, and my mother in law. We have adjoining standard rooms at CBR and upgraded to delux dining. I can't wait!! It's going to be my fourth trip, my two year olds third trip, and dh lost count along with way I think maybe sixth or seventh. MIL went once in the late 90s with my sil but said they had no clue what to do and ended up wandering around confused a lot. We re bringing her along for an extra set of hands and I'm hoping to use rider switch to do some more rides. We were going to stay in a suite at AOA but fd allowed us to get two rooms at a mod. I'm weird and really like my privacy to sleep. :) I was really nervous about not liking AOA after having a preferred king room at CSR in February that was wonderful.

we went last October and the Halloween decorations were so cool. Really looking forward to the Christmas stuff this year!

Our only trip was in October in 2013 - I'm really looking forward to all the Christmas, too!

Oh and we should have a support group the day our ADRs open! I'm kind of worried that we won't be able to get some stuff on our list. Oh well though at least it's free!! (Well almost for us :)

I am nervous about this too. Last time I had a TA, it was super easy, lol. I'm pretty flexible with most of the times/places I want but there are a few that will be tougher. Plus, DD wants to do BBB this trip, hoping to get a pre-opening reservation for that again.

Hi everyone! We're booked at AoA for 11/28-12/6! We wanted to try AKV this time, but when the free dining dates came out it made more sense for us to extend our trip and stay at AoA. Eight nights makes me happy. :)

I also wanted to stay at AoA in a Little Mermaid room and was having trouble deciding between it and CBR. But there was no availability at AoA even without free dining, so the decision was made for me. With just DH and me, we don't need one of the suite rooms. DH is also happier having a queen size bed since he's 6' 1".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter