• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

So how are y'all planning to deal with potential MK parade taping that week? I know it was done in November last year, but I've been operating under the assumption that it'll be back to the week after Thanksgiving for this year.

Hi everyone! So great to see all you FD buddies here. We are 3 families coming to CSR Nov 26th. Each family is staying for a different amount of time. My family (DH, DD11, DD5 and me) is staying until Dec. 10. I am so excited we are celebrating my Moms 60th birthday, my parents 40th anniversary, my sister's honeymoon, my nephews 16th birthday and high school graduation, my youngest DD has met a huge milestone (she is special needs) and my birthday.
I can not wait to start planning ADR and fastpasses. I know everyone on this thread will help Each other out and keep us all sane in the fun ride of planning our vacations!!

So how are y'all planning to deal with potential MK parade taping that week? I know it was done in November last year, but I've been operating under the assumption that it'll be back to the week after Thanksgiving for this year.
Fingers crossed its not happening that week lol I guess we roll with it if it is. But maybe that's why there wasn't fd earlier in November?

Ok I looked at the parade taping schedule from the last couple of years and it usually tapes the first weekend in December but last year it taped November 10-13. I'm not sure what that means for us. I guess we ll wait and see. We are planning Epcot for our last day which Is Saturday December 3 so hopefully this doesn't mess up our plans. Also there are ticketed Christmas parties all week we are there. I don't see how they can do tapings and still have the Christmas party guests entering on Tuesday Thursday and Friday and Sunday Dec 2 at 4:00.

Last edited:

Ok I looked at the parade taping schedule from the last couple of years and it usually tapes the first weekend in December but last year it taped November 10-13. I'm not sure what that means for us. I guess we ll wait and see. We are planning Epcot for our last day which Is Saturday December 3 so hopefully this doesn't mess up our plans. Also there are ticketed Christmas parties all week we are there. I don't see how they can do tapings and still have the Christmas party guests entering on Tuesday Thursday and Friday and Sunday Dec 2 at 4:00.

Oh, I do believe they've been doing parade tapings AND Christmas parties for years. The taping is done by early afternoon so there's no interference there.

With the parade taping, I do believe they mostly tape the stage shows on party days and only do the actual parade taping on a non-party day. I should dig up an old thread to find out.

Hi, we are from Nova Scotia and will be at ASSp with our 6 year old son from Nov 26-Dec 4 :)

We will be at Sports too! If you see a 7 year old who won't shut up about minecraft and YouTube that would be mine ;)

Did anyone else's kids tickets show as adults?

Mine are. It also happened in the reservation I had booked a couple weeks ago and canceled this morning because I had to drop a day and re-book to get FD. And on the FD thread it sounds like it happened to lots of people. Since the kids and their ages are listed correctly on the reservation itself, I'm not overly concerned about what it says on the ticket section. If it still has their age showing incorrectly in a couple weeks, I might call about it, but don't think it's really an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter