• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

So...ADRs. I'm initially thinking we'll use all our TS on character meals. Because they're only 3 and 5 once, right?!

My 6yo didn't care about characters and my under 2yo was terrified of them...we only did Tusker house for that reason. But if my kids liked characters, absolutely! It's a great way to maximize the value of your free dining for sure!

Also as far as ADRs - we booked under the 180 mark and got everything we wanted. Between checking the app constantly and the touring plans reservation finder (which ROCKS but don't all use it so I can increase my odds :P ) we had no problems.

I also wanted to stay at AoA in a Little Mermaid room and was having trouble deciding between it and CBR. But there was no availability at AoA even without free dining, so the decision was made for me. With just DH and me, we don't need one of the suite rooms. DH is also happier having a queen size bed since he's 6' 1".

Ha! My dh is 6'5" so I know what you mean! Thankfully, we'll get a queen bed in the family suite. :)

As for ADR's, my family wishes we could find more buffet options that don't have characters. Unfortunately, they're almost all at resorts, and we are wanting to eat in the parks as much as possible to minimize travel time.

So...ADRs. I'm initially thinking we'll use all our TS on character meals. Because they're only 3 and 5 once, right?!
My younger 2 kids loved the character meals at 2 and 5! They're the easiest way to meet characters, so fun. I'm hoping to get the Minnie holiday dinner at H&V, and possibly CRT for the princesses. I'd like to snag a BOG dinner, think there's any chance? Also, thinking an 'Ohana dinner - should we try to coincide with the party fireworks? We'd probably do that dinner on a party night after the early close at MK.

As for ADR's, my family wishes we could find more buffet options that don't have characters. Unfortunately, they're almost all at resorts, and we are wanting to eat in the parks as much as possible to minimize travel time.

That's what we wanted to do, but our meals at Boma and Ohana were on non park day, or the MK day when it closed early for the Halloween party we weren't attending. Both meals were phenomenal and worth the transportation time :)

We have 2 rooms booked at POP 11/27-12/2. Myself my DH, DD10 will be 11, DD9, DS9, DS9, MIL & FIL. Its our 1st visit, we'll be driving from South Dakota. I am so excited to get started on our plans now that things are finalized. :jumping1:

My younger 2 kids loved the character meals at 2 and 5! They're the easiest way to meet characters, so fun. I'm hoping to get the Minnie holiday dinner at H&V, and possibly CRT for the princesses. I'd like to snag a BOG dinner, think there's any chance? Also, thinking an 'Ohana dinner - should we try to coincide with the party fireworks? We'd probably do that dinner on a party night after the early close at MK.

If you can go for BOG towards the end of your stay, the 180+10 days makes getting that one easier. We loved BOG dinner!

That's what we wanted to do, but our meals at Boma and Ohana were on non park day, or the MK day when it closed early for the Halloween party we weren't attending. Both meals were phenomenal and worth the transportation time :)

We were able to do both last time and loved both! Well, my teenage son didn't find anything he liked at Boma (don't ask me how that's possible!) but otherwise we enjoyed the food. I'd love to make it to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast this time but dh is really opposed to leaving MK to go anywhere because it's such a pain to fight the hoards on main street to get in and out. I know, the train works too, but he's just being a stick-in-the-mud about that whole idea. I'd also love to try The Wave for their breakfast buffet. That one is at least a lot closer and we could walk there from the bus stop, so maybe...

We have 2 rooms booked at POP 11/27-12/2. Myself my DH, DD10 will be 11, DD9, DS9, DS9, MIL & FIL. Its our 1st visit, we'll be driving from South Dakota. I am so excited to get started on our plans now that things are finalized. :jumping1:

And I thought driving from Iowa was bad! lol

I know already I will have a hard time choosing to try for Minnie's holiday dinner or Disney Jr lunch at H & V. I can't imagine that DH and I are going to want to eat at H&V twice, so which to choose. My boys are definitely Disney Jr fans but also love the clubhouse crew and I've heard such good things about the Minnie dinner. Ahhh these decisions are going to drive me mad!

My new favorite thread here!

tumblr_mgk07ueq9p1rew6ymo1_500.gif

Hi all! We'll be there 11/26-12/3 at CBR. :D I was able to snag FD, so all day dd has just been randomly saying a name of a restaurant out loud, and then saying, "Oh, we get to eat there...". :rotfl:Silly kid, you'd think I never fed her. We've had FD for 3 out of the last 4 trips, and we so missed the good TS meals last year.

Anyway, this is going to be a fun thread. :D

I know already I will have a hard time choosing to try for Minnie's holiday dinner or Disney Jr lunch at H & V. I can't imagine that DH and I are going to want to eat at H&V twice, so which to choose. My boys are definitely Disney Jr fans but also love the clubhouse crew and I've heard such good things about the Minnie dinner. Ahhh these decisions are going to drive me mad!

We didnt do any food at H&V last year, because I had read a lot of negative reviews. However, we had a great meal at Mama Melrose and that doesn't get great reviews here either. We may have to look into Minnie's holiday dinner for our character fill this trip...

We just went to HS in February got there fifteen minutes before rope drop. We did launch bay met chewy and kylo ren and met Jake Sophia Doc and maybe Minnie outside Disney junior right by launch bay. We did everything in an hour and a half with little to no wait. I don't think you have to do hV to see diseny junior characters.

Wellllllll Jedi Training will be a MUST on our DHS day, so I may have to look into pre opening breakfast at H&V if that's still a thing. Crap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter