• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

The food was really good, I loved the pork and the meatballs and pretzel bread. I thought dessert was meh, but they had soft serve so most people can find something they like. Kids foods differed on each side. The characters' costumes were great. We were done eating dessert well before we saw any characters, and had to ask. I think they got really far behind, as the characters were going to various spread out tables of people ready to leave. We saw Goofy on the way out. It was good, and I would do it again another year, but maybe try to get really early in the night before they get backed up.
Would love to hear your thoughts on Minnie's Dinner tonight---Enjoy!

The food was really good, I loved the pork and the meatballs and pretzel bread. I thought dessert was meh, but they had soft serve so most people can find something they like. Kids foods differed on each side. The characters' costumes were great. We were done eating dessert well before we saw any characters, and had to ask. I think they got really far behind, as the characters were going to various spread out tables of people ready to leave. We saw Goofy on the way out. It was good, and I would do it again another year, but maybe try to get really early in the night before they get backed up.
Thanks for the feedback...our ressie is for 4:20, so I hope your prediction is right about earlier being not backed up. Sounds like disney buffet holiday fun...DD will love it!

At Epcot today. Was busy, but we did everything we wanted and didn't wait more than maybe 15 or 20 minutes tops. Must be my good planning! LOL We're able to do TT at rd, then over to Soarin after with just a 10 minute wait. Got to ride them both twice today with no waits. Ate at Garden Grill for breakfast and that was yummy. Tomorrow is a sleep in day with the Christmas party later! :santa:

The window next to ours is decorated so nicely! I love it! Ours is decorated too, but our neighbor's looks A LOT better. :worship::love: I have window envy, LOL.

I have been in with my ds bc he has a stomach virus. :sick: He threw up all afternoon yesterday, but everything has stayed down today. He just feels bad. :( So Dh and dd went back to DHS to do more of the Star Wars stuff while I hung out with the little dude. We ventured out for lunch but had to come right back bc he was starting to get that look again. :sick:

We still haven't made it to MK yet, and we've been here 4 days already!:scared::crazy2:

The window next to ours is decorated so nicely! I love it! Ours is decorated too, but our neighbor's looks A LOT better. :worship::love: I have window envy, LOL.

I have been in with my ds bc he has a stomach virus. :sick: He threw up all afternoon yesterday, but everything has stayed down today. He just feels bad. :( So Dh and dd went back to DHS to do more of the Star Wars stuff while I hung out with the little dude. We ventured out for lunch but had to come right back bc he was starting to get that look again. :sick:

We still haven't made it to MK yet, and we've been here 4 days already!:scared::crazy2:
How's he doing now? Poor guy.

How's he doing now? Poor guy.

His tummy is still iffy, but at least he's not throwing up.

Dh, on the other hand, started throwing up the night before last and it lasted ALL DAY. :crazy2: I can't push my dd in her wheelchair by myself for long distances, so we just had a chill day. (Dd has severe plantar fasciitis that hasn't responded to any treatments we've tried. She can barely walk from the parking lot to a store.)

This has really been a crappo vacation. :(

I am so going to miss this thread. I didn't post much, but I followed along. :love::lovestruc

I so hope everyone had a fabulous trip. We had some fun days, but overall this was not our best trip. That's why I'm already planning our next one. ;)

We have to have a redo, right?:rolleyes1:rotfl:

His tummy is still iffy, but at least he's not throwing up.

Dh, on the other hand, started throwing up the night before last and it lasted ALL DAY. :crazy2: I can't push my dd in her wheelchair by myself for long distances, so we just had a chill day. (Dd has severe plantar fasciitis that hasn't responded to any treatments we've tried. She can barely walk from the parking lot to a store.)

This has really been a crappo vacation. :(
Awwww, that stinks. I hope it can be somewhat salvaged.

I am so going to miss this thread. I didn't post much, but I followed along. :love::lovestruc

I so hope everyone had a fabulous trip. We had some fun days, but overall this was not our best trip. That's why I'm already planning our next one. ;)

We have to have a redo, right?:rolleyes1:rotfl:
I am going to miss it, too! It was fun planning and going through the ups and downs and excitement and waiting of a Disney trip with others that "get" it. We have had fun, but definitely some not so fun times. I'm trying to evaluate, but I think I just had us doing too much. Next time 4 or so hours in a park a day will be it, and party nights will have nothing else the day of, or the first half of the day after.

Hi all!! I hope everyone's trips are going well! I read above some are not and I am so sorry about that! o_O Tuesday we did the Christmas party and it was just awesome!!!!!:santa: Had our 3 fps to start the night, then everything went down to 5-10 minute waits at 7ish and we rode, rode, rode all night! Caught the parade and fireworks too. My kids didn't want to do any characters, just ride! Space, Thunder and Splash until I was dizzy! LOL :P Then of course the castle and the snow on main stret, just magical!!!!! I remembered why I keep going back to that christmas party time after time! And the best of all, it turned to midnight, which was my birthday, while we were on main street in the snow!!! I planned that well!!!! The next day was then a day off and we went to Disney Springs. Today was Hollywood and the first time on TOT and Rockin Roller Coaster for me! TOT - :scared1: yikes!!!!! That was awful!!! I hope you all post how your trips have gone! We have AK tomorrow then a free day on Saturday still. Very sad we are getting down to the last few days!:guilty:

I am going to miss it, too! It was fun planning and going through the ups and downs and excitement and waiting of a Disney trip with others that "get" it. We have had fun, but definitely some not so fun times. I'm trying to evaluate, but I think I just had us doing too much. Next time 4 or so hours in a park a day will be it, and party nights will have nothing else the day of, or the first half of the day after.
So hard to plan downtime, isn't it? Last time I swore we would have off every other day to rest between parks. Then while I was planning this time, I tried for 2 days on and one off. Then I added in the christmas party and it got all messed up! Good intentions!!!

Okay, so I left off after Monday's Minnie's Holiday Dine. Tuesday we slept in some, then went to Disney Springs. I got a lot of shopping in. Dd6 went to BBB after lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express. BBB was amazing, we had the best Fairy Godmother, and the new facility is just perfect. We then waited about 10 minutes to see Santa. Then, my husband took Dd2 and Dd6 to the photopass room while I hit up Basin, where my girls channeled their inner models and apparently posed for a million pics. Those came out great.

We ate at the Crystal Palace at 5. The characters did better with timing then at Minnie's, but we still were done eating for a while, and were there longer than I would have liked. We rode Buzz and Space mountain several times with no wait. I watched the Acapella group and ate the peppermint bark cookies, which were very good. We thought we were going on the Little Mermaid ride, but actually walked right up to see Arial. Then we rode the Little Mermaid ride, saw Belle after a 5 minute wait. Dd2 fell asleep. We rode the carousel, pirates, then pooped out. We grabbed our sorcerer cards and left right before the fireworks.

Chewysmom - so sorry to hear about that! My son and husband got hit during our stay too :(

For those of you not following along on the FB group, we got back from our trip late Wednesday night. I will recap as much as I can remember:

Friday night dinner at Beaches and Cream, checked in early, great waiter. My son got sick at the table, so I took him back to the room. Luckily we were staying at Beach Club, so it was a short walk. The waiter packaged me my own portion of No Way Jose which my husband surprised me with. It was good, but the hamburger was disappointing. Our room at BC had a beautiful view of the lake where we could see the HS fireworks. Concierge was kind enough to cancel our Saturday Cape May breakfast with no fee since my son wasn't feeling up to eating.

Saturday was HS. Took the boat from BC which was very convenient. Our bands wouldn't work to enter park. Took them a half hour to fix it. Gave us a FP for Toy Story and R&R. Crowds were lighter than I expected, except for the line for Santa was 4 hours! Had a great time. 3:10 dinner at Minnie's H&V was good. Good character interaction. Fantastic was wonderful as usual. Skipped JBJB since we didn't want to wait for 1.5 hrs in a crowd.

Saturday night checked into CB. Room smelled awful - stale/musty/smokey smell that hit you as soon as you opened the door. Walked back to concierge and they assigned us another room in a different village. Same awful smell. Went back to concierge in tears since it was now almost 10pm and we were exhausted. They gave us 2 other room options - one was farther away than i wanted to be from the food court and the other was an upper floor and CB has no elevators, neither of which was an option at this point. Asked to be moved to another resort. The only availability was Port Orleans Riverside, Boardwalk, and Contemporary. We chose Contemporary since 3 of our next 4 days we planned to be at MK. They comped us a taxi over there and bell services met us and took our luggage immediately.

Sunday was MK. 8:20 BOG reservation. We only ordered one meal for the kids to share. Waiter was super sweet and brought an extra drink so they each had one and an extra tray of pastries for us to share. Arrived later than I wanted and didn't have time to stop for pictures and didn't get a ride in on 7DMT. Dinner at Crystal Palace. Pretty slow service and character interaction. Reservation was for 6:05 and we didn't leave until about 7:40. Waited awhile for Eeyore to finally show. Interaction seemed more rushed. Had the best gluten free brownie ever. Asked the waiter to ask the chef how he made it. He came out with a mix and said the chef said to give this to you. Waiter said that's never happened before. I was super thankful for that!

Monday was AK EMH. Rode Safari with no wait and the animals were out and active. Dinosaur broke down while we were in line so maybe 30 min wait. Did Triceratops Spin and Lion King Show, lunch at Flame Tree BBQ (pretty good, lots of food), then EE. Waited for about 30 min for a bus to Epcot. FP for FEA - glad we didn't wait for that, pretty lame. Wandered through WS, saw La Befana in Italy but her mic was so low we couldn't hear her. Dinner at GG was good, decent character interaction. Had a FP for Test Track. Wanted to stay for Illuminations, so decided to wait in line for Soarin. Took forever, prob about an hour.

Tuesday was MK again. Monorail wasn't running so we walked. Made it just a few minutes before they let early reservations in, about 7:45. BOG was quick and we were off to 7DMT. Got 2 rides in before rope drop crowd arrived. This was probably our best day. Got a lot of rides in. Pirates broke down for a few minutes but they gave us a FP upon exiting. Dinner at Ohana. Got a drink at Tambu and were seated after about a 10 minute wait. Got a seat with a view of the castle. Really good food. Stopped to see the gingerbread house at GF on the monorail ride back. DH got sick shortly after we returned to our room :(

Wednesday I canceled BOG breakfast and lunch. Took it easy since we were exhausted. Dropped our bags at airline check in and my mom and I took the boys back to MK while DH rested a little more. He was able to meet up with us there. It was super crowded so we did our fast passes, loaded up at the confectionary, and hopped to Epcot since the boys wanted to do Soarin and Test Track one more time. Snagged a FP for Soarin. DH waited in line there with the boys while my mom and I ran around the WS trying to spend some of the rest of our dining credits. Started raining so their wait ended up being about an hour. We were definitely ready to head home at this point!

All in all it was a decent trip. Definitely didn't go as smoothly as I'd hoped, but we still had fun. BC was wonderful and I'd definitely stay there again. CR was very contemporary - not my style of decor. But we had a beautiful view from our room, could see Electric Water Pageant, and the walk to MK was very convenient. Monorail service was slow but it was nice to not have to fold up the stroller. It didn't seem like there were as many photo pass photographers around. The bathrooms weren't very clean, cast member overall (aside from the ones at BOG and B&C) did not go out of their way. Most were polite but seemed rushed, perhaps overworked. Just very inconsistent. None of the restaurants recognized my son's birthday at all whereas last year he received a cupcake and a signed birthday card from characters at two different restaurants. So many rides broke down throughout the day at each park. I don't know, just not as magical as I expected I suppose.

Hope the rest of you have had/will have better luck than us! I think we might plan a cruise for our next trip. I need some relaxation! :)

No trip is perfect I suppose. Things happen. We encountered a lot of rude guests. Sigh. Can't control that, but it makes you just shake your head. And we all just hype the trip up so much in our heads with all the endless planning...what trip could live up to those expectations? We spent today at AK. It was a great day. We finally saw Divine which was totally cool! And did EE for the first time. Um, no! :scared1: Never again for me!!! The rest of the family loved it! Tomorrow is our last day. No parks, just a take it easy day. Disney Springs and probably the pool. And packing. Yuck!!!!!

Heathsmom-I'm so sorry about your guys getting sick too. It sounds like you had your own mix of good and bad as well.

Our last two days were wonderful! We left yesterday morning around 5 and finally got home around 2:45 pm. The bad thing was, I was up throwing up at midnight just a few hours before we left. Thankfully it didn't last long and we were able to get on home. My Dh and ds still aren't 100%.

We encountered a lot of rude guests as well. We had a lot who thought they had to push their way in front of our wheelchair, who would just walk right in front of the chair, etc.

Oh, and then there was the disgusting teenage girl who turned her head and coughed right in my ds's face. I thought I was going to throat punch that brat. :mad::mad:

But, while we certainly had some not fun times-in fact, more than we've ever had-I'm so thankful we were able to go. We did make some good memories, and hey-we were in Disney and not stuck on the couch, right? :lovestruc

Hi guys! I plan on doing a short trip report on the WDW Reddit and will probably do a "just back" thread on the TPAS board in a day or two. And I'll try to post a recap here too. It's been lovely planning and talking with you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter