Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

How's everyone dealing with Disney withdrawal??

I was better last week than I am now.

I just want to go back NOW. ;) I want a redo!

It doesn't help that it hit me this morning that just another year and a half and dd will be off at college. :sad: I'll still have ds here for a bit longer, but gosh-my life has been so wrapped up in my kids. We're together all the time (we homeschool), so it's going to be such a shock to my system.:crazy2:

So yeah, I'm dealing with a bit of depression today. :(

Looking through pictures and deciding which to print. Might make a photo book. Trying to decide what to plan next!

I was better last week than I am now.

I just want to go back NOW. ;) I want a redo!

It doesn't help that it hit me this morning that just another year and a half and dd will be off at college. :sad: I'll still have ds here for a bit longer, but gosh-my life has been so wrapped up in my kids. We're together all the time (we homeschool), so it's going to be such a shock to my system.:crazy2:

So yeah, I'm dealing with a bit of depression today. :(

I just told DH I'd like a redo too!

Kids grow so fast.....I don't even want to think about that!!

Me! I just went thru and uploaded all our trip pics to Facebook finally and spent some time with the kids going through them all and talking about the trip. My 2yo is talking about when he does Jedi training next trip lol

We had a great trip but I feel good about taking a few years off now. 2 years in a row was great, but we need to wait until the littlest can experience some new things before we go back!

Well, been back a week and thought I'd check in on my favorite thread on the Disboards! :flower: I guess reality's starting to sink in now. Uggghhh. So hard to come back home and get back in the groove with work and school and all. Was tough at first, but we got through last week so everything feels normal again. I'm behind on Christmas too. I lost 2 prime time shopping/tree getting/decorating weekends and that can put you really behind! I was almost on panic mode before this weekend, but we got our tree and I did some shopping, so I feel better about things now. So a question: Now that we've all gotten a little time and distance from our trips...What would you all say we're your couple favorite experiences/rides/foods/whatever that you definitely would do again and recommend to others??? I'll start! What really stands out to me was a couple of our "add on" experiences, that some people are hating so much! At least on a few threads on the Disboards! Our EMM at MK was amazing. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Riding 7DMT 10 times in an hour takes the cake. And the Christmas party was magical. Loved it. :santa:

Well, been back a week and thought I'd check in on my favorite thread on the Disboards! :flower: I guess reality's starting to sink in now. Uggghhh. So hard to come back home and get back in the groove with work and school and all. Was tough at first, but we got through last week so everything feels normal again. I'm behind on Christmas too. I lost 2 prime time shopping/tree getting/decorating weekends and that can put you really behind! I was almost on panic mode before this weekend, but we got our tree and I did some shopping, so I feel better about things now. So a question: Now that we've all gotten a little time and distance from our trips...What would you all say we're your couple favorite experiences/rides/foods/whatever that you definitely would do again and recommend to others??? I'll start! What really stands out to me was a couple of our "add on" experiences, that some people are hating so much! At least on a few threads on the Disboards! Our EMM at MK was amazing. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Riding 7DMT 10 times in an hour takes the cake. And the Christmas party was magical. Loved it. :santa:

After having done it multiple times, I still think a ppo bog is worth getting up early for. We would definitely do Ohana again. A visit to the ice cream parlor on Main Street is a must, and dare I say I liked that more than Beaches and Cream? I also think juggling sdfp was worth the hassle. Gave us options. DH and I agreed we would probably never attempt a stay in a mod resort again. We'd either save money and stay all stars or splurge and go deluxe. We loved, loved, loved Beach Club. That will for sure be my "home" resort. But I was also surprised how much we loved the Contemporary. Though it's not my preferred decor style, you can't beat the view we had and proximity to MK. It was a wonderfully short walk.

My kids are still processing the trip in their minds, as I think am I. I can view things more objectively now as opposed to the emotional way I handled being in the midst of sickness and various inconveniences. We really did have a great time. But I think Disney has some work to do. They need to focus less up charging and more on fixing their known issues.

If anyone still wants to see the the Prep & Landing short films, I see they are playing both of them on ABC on 12/15 & 12/24 and Freeform on 12/18 & 12/21.

Brief report:

11/26 - Saturday. Traveled from DSM to MCO via STL. Woke up around 3:00 am, left for the airport right around 4:00. Had a bit of a wait for security but other than some confusion about exactly what we needed to do we got through just fine. Flights were good, on time, no major turbulence. We had EBCI on SW and we were able to find seats together near the front of the plane on both flights. Arrived at MCO to find a huge line for DME! Probably waited about an hour. We arrived at Pop Century before our rooms were ready so we went to the food court to eat. We got a large 1/2 cheese, 1/2 pepperoni pizza to split and each person got a drink (no dining plan at this point so we were paying OOP). After we were finished eating, we had a message that one of our two rooms was ready so we headed out to find it (text came at 1:06 pm). We were on the 4th floor of building 6, rooms 6426 and 6427. They had told us earlier that our rooms were connecting and we were lucky because they had to turn down someone else earlier that had requested connecting rooms. 6426 was ready first, so we went there to dump our carryon bags and freshen up a bit. It felt great to have a home base! At some point we realized they were done cleaning the room next door and, having been told previously we had connecting rooms, we assumed it was also our room. Our magicbands worked to open it, so we moved in there as well. We never did get a text about that one. <shrug> Anyway, sometime later we headed out to go to Epcot to activate our park tickets. After we had that done, I asked the guest services person about our FEA fastpasses to see if we could get dh and I closer to the kids' fp's. He fixed that by giving us anytime fp's for those two days. :) Once we were done at Epcot guest services, we headed over to Wilderness Lodge for an early dinner at Whispering Canyon. We had time after we arrived so we took a look around and took some pictures outside. What a beautiful resort! Dinner time came so we all sat down. Everyone had the AYCTE skillet and a milkshake (dd8 had a smoothie with hers). Food was good, but I wasn't feeling very hungry after a very short night of sleep (I think it was around midnight when we got to bed and I only ended up dozing a bit here and there while waiting for 3:00 to come) so I didn't eat much. I think everyone would return here again, but none of us thought it was super amazing. It was good though, just not outstanding. Anyway, after dinner we made our way back to Pop Century with a brief stop at Disney Springs to see the drone show and say hi to my TA who was there with her family. It was amazing we were able to find each other because the crowds were insane! Despite my best intentions, this was the only time we were at Disney Springs for the whole trip.

11/27 - Sunday. EMM at MK. Dh was sick in the night with a migraine and hardly slept (heard him puking around 2:00 am or so - ugh!) so neither of us had recovered yet from our hectic travel day. However, we all got up in time and headed out to the bus stop by 6:30. The bus arrived around 6:45 or so and we were on our way. EMM was great but dd8 never rode 7dmt. Everyone else got several rides on it plus a ride on Winnie the Pooh. Dd and I rode WtP, PP, and the carousel a few times. We headed over to Tomorrowland at rope drop so the kids could ride Space Mountain. By this time, dh's headache was still bugging him and he needed a break from rides. We all were needing food after Space Mountain, so we went back to PVH. Breakfast was good, though a kid got sick in the dining room next to ours which made the meal significantly less pleasant. Poor kid, though it sounded like his parents thought it was just motion sickness from riding the mine train too many times. Who knows? I hope their day got better! The younger kids were D-O-N-E after breakfast. I was dismayed as I had plans to spend a lot more time at MK that day. I convinced everyone to at least head up to the Fire Station so we could get our SotMK card packs. Ds9 had a mini-meltdown on the way there because of the crowds and not seeing a curb as he was holding dh's hand and wasn't paying enough attention to the terrain. Sigh. After we got the cards we headed back to Pop for a rest. We did make it over to AK later in the day for a bit, but otherwise I'm pretty sure the little kids swam and that was about it. We had a much better night of sleep that night!

11/28 - Moving day! Had a lazy morning of packing and getting ready to make the move over to AoA. Originally planned to hit DHS this morning but quickly realized I was too tired and dd8 and ds9 were way too sick with their colds to be able to get going early in the morning. Dd16 and Ds15 did decide to try to rope drop Studios though, so they headed out while dh and I packed. That worked out really well though, just having a couple fewer people in the rooms made it easier to move around and get things situated. They only rode ToT a couple times and were ready to come back to the room. By about 10 or so we were ready to move over the bridge to AoA. Our room wasn't ready yet but that was okay with us. I had checked out at Pop earlier, so the check-in process was pretty smooth at AoA. I asked if they knew yet which room we were going to have and the guy said it was first floor Lion King. I said I really, really needed it to NOT be 1st floor, so he made a note of that and said they would try to accommodate me. We grabbed 3 bounty platters to split between us in the food court. I remember we got them at about 10:45 because I knew we just had a few minutes left before they would switch over to lunch and we really wanted breakfast food. The platters worked well, but it was challenging having all our luggage in there with us. I was concerned we would have to drop things with bell services because we were running out of things to do but dh and I went looking for the lockers and tried our magicbands at the laundry room but they didn't work. I went back to the front desk to find out what was going on and they said it was only because we didn't have our room yet. They also informed me that we didn't have a credit card attached to our bands yet ( :scared1: ) so they helped me take care of that. While I was standing there, the gal helping me said she wanted to take a look and see if they could get me a room. She asked if a Nemo suite would work and I said it would be great as long as it wasn't 1st floor. In fact, she said, it was on the 4th floor! Nemo is exactly what we were wanting, so it was fabulous! We were in room 5817 in building 5. The location was perfect! We were 2 doors down from the elevator on the wing that goes away from the pool. Nice and quiet, yet close to the elevator. Perfect!! Other than a couple sticky drawers, the room was nice. We spent the next couple hours getting beds set up and unpacking. I'm SOO glad we took the time to do that as it really made the rest of our stay much more comfortable and convenient. After we were done moving in, we were ready to head out to Epcot. The kids' FEA fastpasses were scheduled for 4:25-5:25. I don't recall exactly when we arrived, but I think we pretty much headed straight there. FEA was down when we got there, so we went into the bakery for school bread and a couple other treats. The school bread was yummy! After that, FEA came back online so we rode it. Then ds15 did TT single rider and ds9 and dh rode Mission Space green. They considered trying orange but I talked them out of it. While they were busy with those rides I took the girls and we did Colortopia. Dd8 LOVED it!! When we got to the end of it, I had a bit of a coughing fit (had developed a sore throat throughout the day and it got really bad right then) and I was feeling pretty much done at that point. We hit our Spaceship Earth fastpass on the way out and called it a day. We had a great time overall though and this felt like our first really good Disney day. :)

Okay, I'm much longer winded than I thought I would be so I'm going to take a break and post this much for now. :eek:

I just told DH I'd like a redo too!

Kids grow so fast.....I don't even want to think about that!!
DH said he needs a decade off. I think at times I could go again at any point and others the overwhelming planning and exhaustion makes me want to wait. It doesn't help that I got bronchitis and a sinus infection.

On an adorable note DD turned 4 on Sunday. I asked her what she wanted for her special birthday breakfast and she said she wanted to go eat grapes and cheese with Cinderella at the castle and for her present she wanted to go dance with Minnie Mouse again!! I just can't believe she's 4 now. :(

Part 2:

11/29 - Tuesday, Animal Kingdom - The boys and I decided to try for rope drop at Animal Kingdom. We were among the early ones there and were only 3-4 people back at the tapstiles. After they let us in to Discovery Island, we were told just a few minutes before official rope drop that both EE and Dinosaur would be offline at opening. :charac2: Seeing as this was the entire reason for our early arrival, we were pretty disappointed. After rope drop we scooted to EE right away but there was already a terrible line, which obviously wasn't moving since the ride was closed. We waited around a bit but eventually decided to head over to KS to see what the wait time was like there. We had a breakfast ADR at TH at 10:25, so we had to be careful what kind of line we ended up in. We got in line for KS, but had to leave when it was close to 10 and we hadn't gotten on the ride yet. We met dh and the girls at TH but were told we had to wait until closer to our ADR time, so we got ice water from the Kusafiri Bakery and chilled for a bit. By this time ds15 was pretty grumpy because we had done exactly NOTHING after our early arrival. :headache: Eventually we were able to eat our breakfast. The food was delicious and even better than I remembered! Our character interactions were fine, but that wasn't why we ate there. We were seated in a room called the "School Room", according to our server. It was a little quieter than some of the other seating areas and I would request it again if possible. It was also very close to the buffet, so that was handy. The bread pudding was a surprise as I didn't realize it would be on the menu. It was so yummy! We all ate our fill and were ready to head out for our touring plan after this. Dh took the girls and ds9 to Rafiki's Planet Watch while I went with ds15 so he could ride EE and then we headed over to Dinosaur. Wait times were pretty manageable all day, once EE and Dino opened up. I caught back up with dh and the other kids after they were back from Rafiki's and we all had a snack. After that, it was time to catch Flights of Wonder while ds15 headed back to the room for a much-needed break. Flights was really good! After that, Dh took dd16 and ds9 to ride Dinosaur with our fastpasses while dd8 and I hung out together. Ds came back from the room by 3:30 (with a much better attitude!) and he rode EE with Dh and Dd16. Then we ate a meal at Flame Tree, followed by our sunset safari ride on KS. That was AMAZING! So many animals out and about and the lighting was perfect! Another ride on Dinosaur for ds15 and me and a couple more rides on EE for ds and we were all ready to head home for the night. We did catch an awakening at the Tree of Life first. Beautiful! Oh, we had also seen one on Sunday night. It was another good Disney day. :)

11/30 - Wednesday, Epcot - I don't know why, but it sure seemed like all our Epcot days were the hottest days of the trip! We had hoped to make rope drop, but that didn't happen. We were exhausted after our long day at AK the day before and our colds were really sapping our energy. We did get to Epcot fairly early though, and hopped into the standby line for Soarin' since we didn't have fastpasses for it. The kids weren't especially excited about waiting, but we kind of convinced them. The ride was great and everyone liked it. Standing in that line really threw off my touring plan though. We ate an early lunch at Sunshine Seasons and then dh took the little kids to the Seas pavilion while dd16 and I headed to explore WS and ds15 went to ride TT single rider. We all met up for our FEA fastpass around 1:30. It was hot and crowded that day and we were all pretty much done by then. Dh took the little kids and dd16 back to the room (they happened upon the Muppets Mobile Lab on their way out!) while ds and I headed to DHS. We stopped by The American Adventure long enough to catch the end of the Liberty Singers which totally made me cry! It was enough that ds and I agreed we HAD to make sure to catch their whole show at some point. Anyway, we took the boat over to DHS. We arrived just in time for the March of the First Order. Meh. It was just okay. Then we were able to get fastpasses for TOT (my first and ONLY time riding THAT) followed by Star Tours. Star Tours made us both motion sick (we were stuck in the far back and way over to the left - ugh!) so we had to leave after that and we were both done for the day. As I recall, dh and the 3 other kids all went swimming that afternoon while ds and I were at DHS. Not long before we left, they had made the decision to join us, so they were pretty disappointed when we texted that we were feeling ill and needing to come back. It was getting late and the park was set to close fairly soon, so they decided it wasn't worth coming.

Back for more later!

Part 3:
EDIT: I forgot that dh, ds15, and ds9 had rope dropped DHS this morning! They got a ride on RnR followed by 2-3 rides on ToT before heading back to the resort! No wonder they were so tired by the end of the Christmas party. lol

12/1 - Thursday, MVMCP day! We slept in a bit and had a down morning this day. This might have been a morning where we got some breakfast from the food court again, but I can't recall for sure. I know we went to MK sometime in the early to mid-afternoon. We started by riding the train around to Frontierland for our BTMRR fastpasses. The plan had been to let dd8 play on the playground by Splash Mountain, but I guess it was just for little kids. Anyway, dd16 stayed with her while dh, ds15, ds9, and I all rode BTMRR. After that, I gave dd8's magicband to ds15 so he could ride again with dd16. Once that was done, and FOF parade had finished, we ate a late lunch at Pecos Bill's. Pretty good food, actually. That took quite awhile, but after that (or it could have been before, I'm not sure) we rode Jingle Cruise (loved it!) and PotC (didn't love it so much). We didn't have a fastpass for Pirates and that was a LONG wait (40 minutes? Maybe a bit less). By the time we were done, it was after 4 and we could pick up our party bands. After we had those, the Pirate Tutorial was taking place and everyone wanted to watch. Apparently Jack Sparrow had walked up behind me just as it was starting and checked my bag to see if there was anything he could steal! I was busy making sure everyone had their bands and wasn't paying any attention. LOL Anyway, the show was cute. Dd8 went up on stage at the end, so we got a TON of photopass pictures from it. Next, we went to the front of the park to get our party SOTMK cards, pick up ds9's Mickey Santa hat from our locker (we had rented one when we arrived so we could stuff our sweatshirts there in case it got cold later), get a photo taken, and walk back through the bypass to pick up our cookies. We were already dragging a bit by now (it was about 5 or so). Dh, dd16, ds15, and ds9 all headed to 7dmt for our fastpasses. Dd8 and I watched a bit of Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire. She couldn't see very well though, so she got frustrated. Things we did at the party (can't recall the order very well): Ate a meal at PVH, watched Elsa light the castle, several rides on People Mover and Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear (just ds15 and dd16), MILF, Philharmagic (first time seeing that and we loved it!), Holiday Wishes, 2 treat stations (meh), part of the second parade, magic carpets, and I think that was about it. We would have loved having our sweatshirts by about 11, but it seemed like they were too far away to be worth the trek. We picked them up on our way out around 11:45. It took 3 buses before we were able to get on and get back to AoA. We had a good time, but dh's sinuses were awful by the end of the night (he had finally come down with the cold). We lasted a lot longer than I thought we would based on how everyone was feeling at 5, but it was also hotter than I had hoped and about as crowded as I expected. The ride lines were very low though, so that was fun.

Last edited:
12/2 - Friday, day after MVMCP - This was supposed to be an Epcot day, but that never happened. Ds9 and I were both up relatively early and everyone else seemed dead to the world, so we decided to head over to AKL since we hadn't made it yet and I knew he wanted to see the animals there. We had great luck with the buses, transferred at Epcot to head over to AKL and the driver was just starting her shift. As we pulled in at AKL, ds looked up at me then turned his head and puked. :scared: Thankfully, we were the only ones on the bus AND we were just about to the bus stop. But seriously, UGH! He was just car sick, so that much was good. I won't go into all the details, but it took an hour of texting both dh and ds15 to get anyone to respond. By then, I had gotten ds' sweatshirt off and bagged up and his shorts had dried. We found some Dramamine for him at the gift shop and sat at the Mara drinking Sprite for a bit. By then, he was ready to try moving again, so we took a bus to DHS and then to AOA (figured that was the most direct route with the fewest turns). We were pretty much done for the day by then. I spent the afternoon working on laundry and everyone was just resting and recovering from the night before. By late afternoon some had gotten restless, so dh, dd16, ds9, and dd8 all headed out to Ft. Wilderness to look for animals. They did see 2 deer, but it ended up being too close to night for them to get much time there. They got back to AoA around 7 or so, we ate dinner at Landscape of Flavors (did that a lot during our trip - it did get old), and then went to bed to hope for better things on Saturday.

12/3 - Saturday at DHS - We missed rope drop but still made it there by around 9:30. The 4 thrill riders took advantage of our 9-10 TOT fastpasses first, then we met back up to ride GMR (first time riding it and enjoyed it quite a bit more than I expected to). Other things we did this day: TSMM, Little Mermaid, carrot cake cookie and red velvet cupcake, funnel cakes w/ ice cream and strawberries from Oasis Canteen, Star Tours, Frozen sing along, Indiana Jones stunt show (first time, also enjoyable). We also ate lunch at Backlot Express. We had a few attitude issues along the way (ds9 HATED TSMM and was pretty sullen afterward until after I got him a snack) but otherwise we had a good day and were done by around 4:00 or 5:00.

12/4 - Sunday, 2nd EMM at MK - We had a much more leisurely EMM this time. We rode rides until 8:30 and then ate a quick breakfast before heading over to ride HM at rope drop. I was met by a cm who insisted we wait until the rest of the rope drop crowd arrived before getting in line. He acted like we had done something wrong by showing up before 9, but we had waited for the ok from a cm in Fantasyland so... whatever. Anyway, we had a nice ride with not too many other people (that was my main goal). Others in our party rode Space Mountain several times, dd16 and I met Rapunzel and Tiana, and we probably rode the People Mover a time or two. We were done in the early afternoon. Dh took ds9 and dd8 back to swim while ds15, dd16, and I boarded the friendship boat to the Grand Floridian to check out the gingerbread house and then ride the monorail over to the Contemporary. We ate a snack at the Contempo Cafe (yogurt parfaits that weren't very good). Then we took the monorail over to Epcot, where we caught a bus back to AoA. All-in-all, it was an enjoyable afternoon with my teens. :) I'm pretty sure this was the night we finally headed back over to Pop Century to eat because I was really tired of eating at AoA and we hadn't been spending our evenings at the parks so we were somewhat limited in our eating options. I had the pot roast w/ mashed potatoes and gravy. Oh, was it delicious!! Actually, I think we all enjoyed our food and certainly it was a nice change of pace.

12/5 - Monday, Epcot again - I can not recall this day AT ALL. What I know is that we have several TT photos from 4:55-8:15. Oh wait! I know!! Dd16 and I split a meal at the Feast of the Three Kings booth in World Showcase. It was a beef tamale, coquito, and Three Kings Bread. The tamale was very good and the coquito was different but refreshing. I didn't care for the bread as much. We also rode Soarin' again (all of us) w/ a fastpass. We were in section B this time and there was much less distortion of the images. Around 6:30, we saw Disney Pixar Short Film Festival. I enjoyed it! I wasn't prepared for the seats to shake the way they did, so that was a surprise. After the show, we found the lit-up fountains outside the Imagination Pavilion and the kids and dh had so much fun chasing the water! We got some great photos. It was one of those Disney moments, kwim? You just want to let it go on and on because everyone is so happy. Ds took the other three kids to find some food while dd16 and I went back to World Showcase to check out Canada and Britain. We had hardly seen ANY of WS at this point. :mad: Canada at night was breathtaking though! I had no idea there was a waterfall back there! We never did see Illuminations this time. Sigh.

To be continued...

12/6 - Tuesday, MK followed by Epcot - We headed out for MK in the later morning and knew there was a good chance for rain so we made sure to bring our ponchos. Ds15 started the day by rope dropping AK and planned to meet us at MK later. We started out at the Fire House to get a pack of cards but discovered we couldn't get another pack until we had started playing the game. The cm arranged it so we would begin on Main St. and off we went! We stopped at Star Bucks after we had completed the first round of SOTMK and bought coffees and a couple pastries and then took everything to the tables by Casey's Corner to sit and eat. While we were sitting there (ds had joined us by now) the rain began. Ds grabbed a foot-long chili cheese dog at Casey's as soon as they opened at 11 and everyone else headed out to continue playing SOTMK (I stayed behind with ds). It was raining pretty steadily by now. We met up with the others after they had finished the next round in Adventureland. The next game was to take place in Fantasyland, but by the time we got there, ds9 was DONE. We tried to coax him into staying a bit longer but he was too sick of the rain. Dh decided to just take him back to the room while the rest of us stayed to keep playing longer. After we finished the game we headed out to hop to Epcot. It really cut loose on us as we walked down Main St. What a miserable day! We never had a day like that last September! Anyway, at Epcot we went to the end of TT for dd8 to design a car. That actually worked out well because TT was closed due to the rain and so there was hardly anyone inside. It felt good to shed the ponchos and dry out a bit (though our shoes were still soaked). After she was done playing, the rain had stopped. Ds and dd16 headed over to American Adventure to catch the Liberty singers while dd8 and I stopped for a pretzel and Nudel Gratin in Germany. Both were just okay. We then caught the tail end of the singers and then stopped back at Karamel Kuche before heading back to AoA to change our shoes. We picked up Dh and Ds9 (whose mood had improved significantly) and all went back to Epcot for a TT fastpass (dd and I didn't ride) and I think that was pretty much the end of our trip.

Magical Express picked us up the next day around noon and we flew back home. The landings were pretty rough for myself and ds9 as our sinuses were still pretty plugged up. Holy pain and pressure, Batman!

It was a good trip, but I do wish we could have a do-over as we were just so tired the whole time. It felt like most days just didn't go as well as they could have, primarily because so many of us were under the weather. Sigh. I don't know when or if we'll ever get back, but we made the most of it! Too bad we left 5-10 quick service credits on the table because we had no room in our bags. If I could do it over again, I'd work harder to get flights on SW for both directions so we could have more luggage. ;)

Yeah, I'm sorry I'm adding so much! I know if I don't do it now, I never will. After I get it all written out, I'll copy/paste it into a Word document and get it printed for our keepsakes. I didn't expect to write this much! :duck::rolleyes1

Don't be sorry! I love reading about everyone's adventures! :)

@Iowamomof4 I'm so glad they got you those anytime FP's for FEA! I was wondering how that would play out for you guys!

And I ended up with 4CS and a snack credit left...currently snacking on some Goofys candy since we got 13 bags of it :rolleyes1

I JUST finished writing my trip report in my little notebook. Man, it's hard to recall everything 2 weeks out! I also did a little "what I want to do next time" section...want to stay at either an Epcot resort (like Boardwalk) or the Contemporary, want to do Animal Kingdom, DON'T want to bother with HS, want to eat at so many other places. Gives me a bit of something to look forward to. :)

...and makes me realize that I have to start saving now to afford these resorts. Argh!

I JUST finished writing my trip report in my little notebook. Man, it's hard to recall everything 2 weeks out! I also did a little "what I want to do next time" section...want to stay at either an Epcot resort (like Boardwalk) or the Contemporary, want to do Animal Kingdom, DON'T want to bother with HS, want to eat at so many other places. Gives me a bit of something to look forward to. :)

...and makes me realize that I have to start saving now to afford these resorts. Argh!

Oh, I agree! The kids were just blown away by the Poly when we went there for Ohana. Dh and I have been crunching numbers trying to figure out how to be able to afford it. LOL We have some major expenses coming up in the next few years, so we probably won't be able to afford it for a long, long time. :(

As far as writing the trip report, I write out what happened either that night or the next morning. Thanks to fibromyalgia I don't sleep well, so I'm up every morning by 4:30. That gives me plenty of time to record our adventures when we're on vacation and everyone else is still snoozing. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter