Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

Hi everyone-
I disappeared for a long while as our Disney trip planning took a backseat in life. After 5 years of staying home, I went back to work recently and my DS5's best friend, who is the son of my dear friend, is fighting brain cancer (all thoughts and prayers appreciated as he begins radiation this week).

Anyway I've missed more pages here than I can catch up on but I wanted to wish everyone here a magical trip. I had a blast planning with y'all, especially back on FD night! Thanks for all of the helpful info you have shared over these months of planning. 13 days to go!!
Prayers!!

Hi everyone-
I disappeared for a long while as our Disney trip planning took a backseat in life. After 5 years of staying home, I went back to work recently and my DS5's best friend, who is the son of my dear friend, is fighting brain cancer (all thoughts and prayers appreciated as he begins radiation this week).

Anyway I've missed more pages here than I can catch up on but I wanted to wish everyone here a magical trip. I had a blast planning with y'all, especially back on FD night! Thanks for all of the helpful info you have shared over these months of planning. 13 days to go!!

I'm so incredibly sorry for your friends son and wishing him all the best with his treatments. Big hugs to everyone in this tough time. I have a friend whose 7yo has kicked cancers butt twice, and I'm always in awe of that little girls strength and resilience. Kids are incredible. He's got this!! :hug:

If you're on FB weve got a group there too, so we can keep in touch and share stuff in realtime easier once the trips begin - PM me if you want in!

That goes for anyone here too - we changed the group to secret since we got some spammers joining. But want everyone interested to come over and join us :)

Hi everyone-

Oh I am so sorry. Two words that should never have to be said together are child and cancer:guilty: sending thoughts and prayers that way.

Hi everyone-

Oh goodness :( You do have a lot on your plate. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, I hope he beats this.

Just an FYI, probably wont apply to most of you but more info is better than no info. Not sure if anyone of you were planning on skipping over to UNiversal at all. But they just announced the Harry Potter ride forbidden journey is going down for refurb on Dec 1 for a few weeks. Talk about last minute announcements. Luckily I was able to move our Hotel reservation 1 day prior as we were scheduled to check in Dec1

Hi everyone-

Praying for this little boy and his friends and family.

Welcome back, I wondered where you had been!

Just an FYI, probably wont apply to most of you but more info is better than no info. Not sure if anyone of you were planning on skipping over to UNiversal at all. But they just announced the Harry Potter ride forbidden journey is going down for refurb on Dec 1 for a few weeks. Talk about last minute announcements. Luckily I was able to move our Hotel reservation 1 day prior as we were scheduled to check in Dec1
I just found this out and 12/1 was my Universal day. Thinking of switching it with my Epcot day (11/30) but that would be SUCH a hassle. I'm hoping that someone somewhere will say whether or not the entire castle will be closed. I can miss the ride, whatever, but seeing the queue for Hogwarts was a big part of my desire to go...

Hi everyone-

So sorry to hear :( Praying for that little boy and his family.
Wishing you a magical trip too!

This week's to do list:

- clean up the ipads and clear space, make sure movies are loaded. Find a few new apps to keep the kids entertained. Find headphones for kids and make sure they still work.

- start sorting through the tote of trip stuff I have been collecting for months...start putting together toiletry cases, carry on backpacks.

- gather all my memory cards, external chargers, cords, etc and make sure all are still good to go and will hold a charge.

what's everyone's to do list for the week?!

Chief on my list this week is not to have a last minute freak out and decide all my plans are terrible and need to be changed. So, lots of deep breathing.

Otherwise I STILL have to apply decals and STILL have to pack, lol. I need to go through my collection of trip stuff too. We told the office but need to send a note to K and 3rd grade teachers. Good call on headphones, we have a bunch around here but not sure which ones work. Need to finalize BOG order. Find ponchos.

I have a TP room request fax ready, should I also call and have the same request put on my reservation? I didn't do it initially. I've already done the online check in but the only request I have wasn't available in the drop-down menu on the online check in.

Oh! I need to sit down with DH to help him make a touring plan for his one day at Universal with ODS - I've been nudging him to look at the map and attractions and blog posts I've pinned etc etc etc but he hasn't done it yet. :crazy2::sad2:

It occurred to us last night that we'll be at Disney for 12 days. Soooo, I of course had to spend 20 minutes this morning working on lyrics for our trip that could be sung to the tune of The 12 Days of Christmas! :rolleyes1

Enjoy! (or ignore if you're not in the mood ;) )

On the first day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

A trip on Magic Express!

On the second day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Early Morning Magic and a trip on Magic Express!

On the third day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the fourth day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the fifth day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the sixth day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Mickey’s Christmas Party, Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the seventh day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Swimming in the pool, Mickey’s Christmas Party, Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the eighth day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Meeting Kylo Ren, Swimming in the pool, Mickey’s Christmas Party, Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the ninth day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Mine Train Roller Coaster, Meeting Kylo Ren, Swimming in the pool , Mickey’s Christmas Party, Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the tenth day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Eating cupcakes, Mine Train Roller Coaster, Meeting Kylo Ren, Swimming in the pool , Mickey’s Christmas Party, Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the eleventh day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Doing what we want to, Eating cupcakes, Mine Train Roller Coaster, Meeting Kylo Ren, Swimming in the pool , Mickey’s Christmas Party, Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the twelfth day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Taking lots of pictures, Eating cupcakes, Mine Train Roller Coaster, Meeting Kylo Ren, Swimming in the pool , Mickey’s Christmas Party, Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

This week's to do list:

- clean up the ipads and clear space, make sure movies are loaded. Find a few new apps to keep the kids entertained. Find headphones for kids and make sure they still work.

- start sorting through the tote of trip stuff I have been collecting for months...start putting together toiletry cases, carry on backpacks.

- gather all my memory cards, external chargers, cords, etc and make sure all are still good to go and will hold a charge.

what's everyone's to do list for the week?!
I pulled out our carry on backpacks over the weekend. Found a half eaten PB&J sandwich in a zipper bag than has been there since May. Freaked me out, so today I am washing all backpacks, cleaning and airing out all suitcases. Yuck

It occurred to us last night that we'll be at Disney for 12 days. Soooo, I of course had to spend 20 minutes this morning working on lyrics for our trip that could be sung to the tune of The 12 Days of Christmas! :rolleyes1

Enjoy! (or ignore if you're not in the mood ;) )

On the first day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

A trip on Magic Express!

On the second day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Early Morning Magic and a trip on Magic Express!

On the third day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the fourth day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the fifth day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the sixth day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Mickey’s Christmas Party, Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the seventh day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Swimming in the pool, Mickey’s Christmas Party, Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the eighth day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Meeting Kylo Ren, Swimming in the pool, Mickey’s Christmas Party, Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the ninth day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Mine Train Roller Coaster, Meeting Kylo Ren, Swimming in the pool , Mickey’s Christmas Party, Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the tenth day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Eating cupcakes, Mine Train Roller Coaster, Meeting Kylo Ren, Swimming in the pool , Mickey’s Christmas Party, Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the eleventh day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Doing what we want to, Eating cupcakes, Mine Train Roller Coaster, Meeting Kylo Ren, Swimming in the pool , Mickey’s Christmas Party, Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!

On the twelfth day of Disney, my mother planned for me:

Taking lots of pictures, Eating cupcakes, Mine Train Roller Coaster, Meeting Kylo Ren, Swimming in the pool , Mickey’s Christmas Party, Snack ‘round the World! Wilderness Explorers, Frozen Ever After, Early Morning Magic, and a trip on Magic Express!
This. Is. amazing. Haha!!!

I pulled out our carry on backpacks over the weekend. Found a half eaten PB&J sandwich in a zipper bag than has been there since May. Freaked me out, so today I am washing all backpacks, cleaning and airing out all suitcases. Yuck

Ohhh nooooo :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

:eek: Sounds like something my son would do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter