Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

I hope you over whatever bug really soon and are feeling great for your trip! I decided to do Thanksgiving on Wednesday. We are leaving Friday and I didn't want to give up having leftovers! I'll spend Wednesday afternoon and Thursday doing some Christmas decorating and doing last minute trip packing stuff.

That is so smart! The leftovers are totally worth moving it up a day for :teeth:

I hope you over whatever bug really soon and are feeling great for your trip! I decided to do Thanksgiving on Wednesday. We are leaving Friday and I didn't want to give up having leftovers! I'll spend Wednesday afternoon and Thursday doing some Christmas decorating and doing last minute trip packing stuff.
We fly in Thanksgiving morning so no Thanksgiving food for us! It will probably be Thanksgiving pizza but I don't care! I'm in Florida, so I'm happy! I can have turkey anytime.:rotfl:

So who is driving down? How long will your drive be? Ours is 10 hours, not including stops. We decided to go through Atlanta :scared1:, then we will stop in Valdosta for the night. I didn't want to drive straight through with the littlest. Doing the same on the way back, which will give us a half day at Disney since we are only driving 3 hours up the road. :banana:

We are driving early Saturday am, like leaving at 3am. It will take about 10 hours and we will go through Atlanta too. We drive 9 hours to Michigan all the time so an extra hour is no big deal.
Only 13 days!!!

@Meeko5 hope you feel better soon. Lysol wipes and vitamin C!!!!

We are driving too...1100 miles and also going thru Atlanta and staying in macon on sat night. In 2014 we stayed at the hampton in valdosta. It was great having just a short drive the next day. Will u stop at a grocery store on your way in? We usually go to Walmart in Osceola as its not too far off the route.
We are staying at the Drury Inn in Valdosta, we need a suite. We've never gone this way before, is Valdosta a decent place to stop? We are staying at a OKW villa, but will only eat breakfast in the room most days. I will just pack cereal/snacks/water and bring it with us. I have thought of stopping at a publix of something for milk, maybe some yogurt, but we are hoping to get down there by 10 or so, so we can't count on a room. I'm not sure if it would be worth it for us to drive off site for a few things, or just buy milk at the hotel.:confused3

So who is driving down? How long will your drive be? Ours is 10 hours, not including stops. We decided to go through Atlanta :scared1:, then we will stop in Valdosta for the night. I didn't want to drive straight through with the littlest. Doing the same on the way back, which will give us a half day at Disney since we are only driving 3 hours up the road. :banana:

We are driving from South Dakota, drive time of 24 hours. We plan to take turns driving until we absolutely need to stop.

We are staying at the Drury Inn in Valdosta, we need a suite. We've never gone this way before, is Valdosta a decent place to stop? We are staying at a OKW villa, but will only eat breakfast in the room most days. I will just pack cereal/snacks/water and bring it with us. I have thought of stopping at a publix of something for milk, maybe some yogurt, but we are hoping to get down there by 10 or so, so we can't count on a room. I'm not sure if it would be worth it for us to drive off site for a few things, or just buy milk at the hotel.:confused3
I'm pretty sure bell services would hold your refrigerated things for you if your room isn't ready. I don't know if things are any different at DVC resorts, but I know they do that at regular resorts.

Yes Valdosta is perfect! Are you taking a cooler with you? Bell services will hold the cold stuff for you. We like to do walmart because we need the milk, a couple cases of water and some beer. I just can't bring myself to pay the extra on property. But we also aren't going to a park on arrival day so the rush isn't as much.

Does anyone think that Disney will change any of the park hours or are they pretty set now?

What's the latest they would change them?

Does anyone think that Disney will change any of the park hours or are they pretty set now?

What's the latest they would change them?

Hmm... day before? I've heard of them extending the closing time WHILE people are in the park for the day! I think the only hours that could change at this point (well anything is possible, I guess) would be MK opening early or staying open later, or AK staying open later. Everything else is probably set at this point.

I'm pretty sure bell services would hold your refrigerated things for you if your room isn't ready. I don't know if things are any different at DVC resorts, but I know they do that at regular resorts.
I didn't know that! I will look into it. That would be so helpful, thank you!

Yes Valdosta is perfect! Are you taking a cooler with you? Bell services will hold the cold stuff for you. We like to do walmart because we need the milk, a couple cases of water and some beer. I just can't bring myself to pay the extra on property. But we also aren't going to a park on arrival day so the rush isn't as much.
I didnt know that they would keep it cold for me, we will definitely be stopping for a few things then! I was hoping to get cookie dough and make cookies one night, and our breakfasts will be much better with yogurt, cinnamon rolls, etc...

I am glad Valdosta is nice. It's always hard determining from online reviews where nice areas are the first time one goes a certain route.

Hi everyone-
I disappeared for a long while as our Disney trip planning took a backseat in life. After 5 years of staying home, I went back to work recently and my DS5's best friend, who is the son of my dear friend, is fighting brain cancer (all thoughts and prayers appreciated as he begins radiation this week).

Anyway I've missed more pages here than I can catch up on but I wanted to wish everyone here a magical trip. I had a blast planning with y'all, especially back on FD night! Thanks for all of the helpful info you have shared over these months of planning. 13 days to go!!

Hi everyone-
I disappeared for a long while as our Disney trip planning took a backseat in life. After 5 years of staying home, I went back to work recently and my DS5's best friend, who is the son of my dear friend, is fighting brain cancer (all thoughts and prayers appreciated as he begins radiation this week).

Anyway I've missed more pages here than I can catch up on but I wanted to wish everyone here a magical trip. I had a blast planning with y'all, especially back on FD night! Thanks for all of the helpful info you have shared over these months of planning. 13 days to go!!
Prayers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter