• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Be Trippin': The Great DIS-nee Road Trip

My biggest apologies for being late, all my DLP pictures were at home so I had to wait until I got home from uni to access them, when I did get home on sunday I find the computers broken!!

But the good news is it's all fixed now so we can continue with our trip to Disneyland Paris!!

Well from Kent there are 2 main ways to get to DLP.. to either take the Ferry across the Channel to France and drive...
ferry.jpg

or to get the Eurostar direct to DLP's train station, we normally take this route, especially if we're staying onsite as it's so much easier and nicer not to worry about having a car!!
eurostar.jpg

The journey takes about two hours so sit back and relax....

I would love to get to London one day!

I really like the picture of all the royal family on that balcony! Very cool.

Thanks for the tour of London...now I really look forward to DLP. I know nothing about it!

Sorry for the delay... we've gone to my relatives for Christmas, had a while without internet but I've got it back now!!

DLP is split into 2 parks... Disneyland and Hollywood Studios

dlpmap.jpg

It has 7 hotels, ranging from the Hotel Cheyenne, a wildwest themed one, to the Hotel Newyork, to the Disneyland Hotel which is built on top of the entrance and looks into the park!

Outside of the parks is Disney Village, (the purple bit on the map above!) based on the DTD, it has lots of restraunts, shops and night clubs. It's the main in and out of the 2 parks to the hotels and car parks so it is always very very busy!!
disneyvillage.jpg

Outside of Disney Village there is a lake, which I think you can see on the map above, all the hotels are placed around it and at night it looks really pretty... there is also a big 'hot air balloon' by the side which goes up every hour (I think!) and the whole of the parks can be seen
PC170129.jpg

DLP at christmas time is one of my favourite times to visit, the whole park comes alive and everything feels so christmassy!

IMGP0515.jpg

IMGP0549.jpg

There are 2 main parades at Christmas time, along with the usual Spectromagic and the fireworks, in Disneyland there is the 'Parade Noel' (pictures speak better than words!)

IMGP0559.jpg

IMGP0565.jpg

PC180144.jpg

ChristmasParade14.jpg

IMGP1950.jpg

PC190204.jpg

and in Studios there is the Christmas themed cinema parade.

IMGP0552.jpg

IMGP0553.jpg

IMGP0554.jpg

PC190175.jpg

CinemaParade15.jpg

CinemaParade162.jpg

There is also a show that runs in the main Disneyland park called Mickey's Winter Wonderland which features the characters on iceskates

PC170040.jpg

PC170047.jpg

IMGP1927.jpg

Right I think I shall leave it here, Have a very Happy Christmas and I'll start again after New Year!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the DLP photos. There is so much I didn't know -- esp that it is Disneyland and Hollywood studios. That's a great combination!

I also was surprised (yes, I'm not a world traveler) by the heavy coats and hats! I always picture Disney here in the US as warm or hot...even when I went in Dec, Jan and Feb, during the day we weren't in winter coats!

The castle with its Xmas lights looks great!

Merry Christmas and I look forward to more shots in the new year!

Those are great pictures!! I love the map too, to help orient us!! Thank you so much for doing this part of the tour!

Oh I have been so busy (a trip to WDW and the holidays made for a busy December..in a good way!), but now that I have had time to check this thread- I love the DLP pictures! Thanks for sharing Disneyhockeymad, it looks so fun!

Wow! Thank you for sharing those Disneyland Paris photos! I don't know about you, but I'm ready to book a trip!

Happy New Year, everyone! Even though I don't have the chance to post very often, I try and follow as many of your stops on the road trip as possible! I love the community you all have here! Keep the magic alive!

Best wishes to you all for a wonderful, magical 2009!

WOW!!! I've always thought that DLP's castle is incredibly beautiful (although I've only seen it in pictures) and to see the holiday decorations and lights is a super special treat!

Thanks for the wonderful visit to London.

Happy New Year everyone!

ooh I'm sorry that's my fault :(
I've been so busy with uni work I totally forgot to update this!! :headache:
Sorry!!!!

Oh my.................I soooooooooo just meant that "I" had gotten lost. :scared:

I had forgotten to check this thread. I am the guilty party here! :sad2:

:worship: I have loved all that you have done. :worship:

I really need to travel more. Disney World has been such an obsession that I forgot that I should expand my horizons.....to........other Disney parks! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter