• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Be Trippin': The Great DIS-nee Road Trip

Yeah Austin. What about Spamorama? Mmmmm SPAM. I took 4th in the SPAM eating competition a few years back. I also saw Leslie there...wow...that is a sight to see. The Oasis is a great place to eat too. We spent New Years there last year and toured Sixth Street.

Hey all...it's been a while. Life keeps me pretty busy these days trying to keep up with the ever changing economy. We may have to postpone out WDW trip in February again. :mad:

I did take some time to enjoy creating a fun pumpkin for the kids this year. I think I am going to try my hand at some Disney characters next year. Check it out through the link below.

Click here to see my mad pumpkin carving skills

I was happy how it turned out, so I put myself out there for a little web competition. If you happen to like it please feel free to sign up and vote for me. :thumbsup2

I thought it would be appropriate today to talk about this college town's home team. That's right, the University of Texas Longhorns.

If you're like me, you are sitting in front of the TV today watching the Number 1 college football team in the country on ABC.

:cheer2: :cheer2: It looks like we have a new #1 in town! ROLL TIDE!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

al_ga_saban1.jpg

Looks like the bus got stuck again. Any volunteers to help push?

I have to declare myself out of the loop until January. I have a huge home project going on among other things and admit all I can do besides work at work and work at home is to tend my trip report. I would still like to bring the bus back to Seattle when I can really show you all around properly!!

Hey Trippers!

I emailed DisGeeks today to see where we should go from here.

I'm thinking all that's left besides Circusgirl is CalDisneyFamily and our two British voluteers. (Mr. Autopia has too much on plate, I bet).

It's getting close to being over. I know DisGeeks kind of planned on ending at Disneyland...but this thread needs a really neat send off!

Sooooo....let's start thinking of a special ending!

I saw on Mr. Autopia's Facebook page that he was recovering from open heart surgery.

DisGeeks has been really busy lately, and plans on catching up soon!

She is going to check with the British folks on whether they still want to be included.

As for an ending, I was kind of thinking we could just end with both Disneyland and Disneyworld. For example, each of us who are still hanging on, could post a favorite Disneyland or Disneyworld picture, and tell a little something about it. It would be a mini-trip for both the parks.

Of course if the Brits join us, maybe we could get a little something from Disneyland Paris.

Any other ideas out there?

Hi Guys!
Haven't had an email from this thread in a while when this one suddenly popped into my inbox, I'm still on board to show you the delights of Kent in the UK if you're willing, and I can do a bit on DLP as well if you wish!! :thumbsup2

Hi Guys!
Haven't had an email from this thread in a while when this one suddenly popped into my inbox, I'm still on board to show you the delights of Kent in the UK if you're willing, and I can do a bit on DLP as well if you wish!! :thumbsup2

Great!! You on up! Please show us Kent (and anything else UK) it's all new for me!

I can't wait!

As for an ending, I was kind of thinking we could just end with both Disneyland and Disneyworld. For example, each of us who are still hanging on, could post a favorite Disneyland or Disneyworld picture, and tell a little something about it. It would be a mini-trip for both the parks.

Any other ideas out there?

I agree on posting pic from the parks ... I was thinking that maybe we can post 2 pics -- one pic of you/your family in WDW and another of one of your favorite things about WDW (Yes, I know there are many but I think it would be cool to see everyone narrow it down to one!)

Hi Guys!

Yay! I'm so glad you are still on board! :yay:

Please show us Kent, and DLP! :woohoo:

I agree on posting pic from the parks ... I was thinking that maybe we can post 2 pics -- one pic of you/your family in WDW and another of one of your favorite things about WDW (Yes, I know there are many but I think it would be cool to see everyone narrow it down to one!)

Even better! That's a great idea! :thumbsup2

And you're right, it's going to be tough to narrow down...but you're also right it will be fun to see!

WOW!!!​

When we kicked off your virtual road trip in April, if someone had suggested that our cross-country tour still would be going strong mid-November, I think I probably would have laughed out loud. :upsidedow (It’s a pleasant surprise, of course… ::yes:: )

I’ve really enjoyed reading everyone’s posts. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread! It’s also true (as Cat suggested) that I have a bit of catching up to do. :blush: (‘Sorry for the recent silent spell! :flower3: )

‘Just wanted to thank Cat and Marshay for their terrific suggestions for our road-trip wrap-up. I also think it’s utterly fantastic that disneyhockeymad popped back in to extend our trip overseas (with visits to Kent, England, and Disneyland Paris). :woohoo: YES! :woohoo:

So…. I guess it’s time to fuel up that luxury jet HMF introduced earlier – with the “blessing” of our Director of Transportation (3guysandagal), of course.

I’m looking forward to the remainder of our tour! (Does anyone need to pause to run a few loads of laundry before we continue on our way? ‘Might want to add some warmer clothes (like a winter coat), too! :scared1: )

I'm still awaiting a response from our other overseas friend (Miss Stitch from Leeds, England). I suspect we may have to proceed without her...

So... Should we first wrap up in the States (by posting our favorite Disneyland and/or Disney World photos) before heading to Europe, or should we jet to England first, followed by Disneyland Resort Paris, then Disney World and/or Disneyland?

'Just say the word... (What's your pleasure?)

I'm not bothered either way... I've already started working on my 'welcome to kent' pictures, so give me a shout and I'll meet you at the airport :thumbsup2
(Oh and wrap up warm.... it's chilly... and rainy, very rainy! :rotfl:)

As to your question, my vote is let's go to England, so Disneyhockeymad doesn't have to wait a long time for everyone else to post something.

Then after Kent (and hopefully Disneyland Paris), it can be a leisurely posting of our DLR/DWD pics!

By the way, have we heard anything from CalDisneyFamily? We should see if she still wants to play. If she's interested, she could go either before or after England...

I am sooooo ready to go to England!!! :teleport:

<<<<<<< packing bags feverishly :laundy: (and doing laundry apparently)

<<<<<<< doesn't procrastinate nearly as much on a virtual trip ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter