• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We ate here, there, & way over there, deluxe style...6/20 to 6/27 **Final ANALYSIS**

Hi! There may not have been many comments, but you have had a lot of readers!

Re the DDP and staying on property with DH's family, I would really encourage you to check into the DVC/RCI stuff... Craig's List. Really. Great deals are there, typically sun-sun stays.

I don't think DXDDP would work out for us (party of 4) but I am hoping with the TIW card and the basic DDP, it will give us more flexibility and savings. I am going to crunch #s on cost at the end of my TR for this reason, to know what to do next!!!

Looking forward to the TR now!! :goodvibes

Thanks for your reviews, I really enjoyed them. I especcially liked your breakdown of how you used up your snack credits, we struggled to use ours on the dxddp and like yourselves used a lot up at Goofys on the last day.

I know I'm a little late here, but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed all of your reviews. After hearing what you had to say on my "Should I Do Deluxe??" thread, I popped over here and read most of your dining reviews.

Glad to hear you guys enjoyed Jiko, California Grill and Hollywood Brown Derby so much since these are some that we are considering in December. Also loved the pictures of what you did with your extra snack credits from Goofy's Candy Company....mmmmmm.....

Great reviews and pictures, if I had any hesitation to do the DxDDP before, I think it's gone now :thumbsup2

Thanks for the wrap up. I'm on the DxDP for the first time this trip and it's great to get a lot of feedback on it. I'll be moving over to your TR now...:cool1:

Loved your reviews, analysis, and final thoughts! Very informative and has me seriously considering the deluxe plan for our next trip.

I'm posting this financial breakdown. It consolidates the information that I have posted throughout this dining report.

Meals:
$103.94 Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner
$57.48 Boma breakfast
$50.16 Wolfgang Puck Express lunch
$167.21 California Grill dinner
$62.81 Donald's Safari Breakfast
$129.07 Jiko dinner
$96.89 Princess Storybook Lunch
$97.29 Chefs de France dinner
$26.89 Roaring Fork lunch
$166.14 Yachtsman Steakhouse dinner
$49.13 The Plaza lunch
$176.41 Narcoossee's dinner
$112.89 Hollywood Brown Derby lunch
$157.83 Artist Point dinner
$73.46 Chef Mickey's breakfast

$1527.60 Total

$1527.60 Total Meal Value
$136.11 Total Snack Value
$38.31 Unlimited Refill Mugs Value

$1702.02 Total Trip Value

$1154.79 Total Cost

($547.23) Difference

32% savings

Dang girl! I love how detailed and precise you are!!! Can we be BFFs???? ;):worship:

When I go in Dec. we will have the same situation, 2 adults and DS8 and DxDDP and it was good to hear your views on it and how it affected everything. Your reviews were great, thank you for them. :)

I have really enjoyed your report and appreciate all the details and pricing information. :)

Now off to start reading your trip report. :thumbsup2

A*W*E*S*O*M*E Dining Reviews!! thank you so much for all the effort you put into your very detailed and humorous reviews!

I just wanted to drop in and say that I loved your reviews. I've never done the DxDDP but I think it would be tons of fun and full of new experiences.

Thanks for providing the break down of $$ and time. I found it very informative.

I agree about the Snack Credits... We've NEVER had a hard time using ours up!!! ;)

Thanks again! Great job!

My pleasure. I'm very glad for the feedback. Makes me smile. Time and money are always big concerns for the DxDDP, with good reason, and no one else had quite done it, so I tried to add a bit more to the Dis.:thumbsup2

Thank you for the great revies. I'm doing the deluxe dining plan when we go in August. I loved reading what your son ate.

Have a great time! I can't see your signature right now, but do you have the twin girls? What fun.

Hi! There may not have been many comments, but you have had a lot of readers!

Re the DDP and staying on property with DH's family, I would really encourage you to check into the DVC/RCI stuff... Craig's List. Really. Great deals are there, typically sun-sun stays.

I don't think DXDDP would work out for us (party of 4) but I am hoping with the TIW card and the basic DDP, it will give us more flexibility and savings. I am going to crunch #s on cost at the end of my TR for this reason, to know what to do next!!!

Looking forward to the TR now!! :goodvibes

I've been checking out RCI, but I can only get info on the surrounding resorts right now, because Disney hasn't opened up their villas for 2010 to RCI. I wish we could go in Aug or Sept of this year. There are some screamin' deals for BLT right now. But I just don't think we can do that.:upsidedow I would like to see what having the TIW card would do, especially since that is used for the ENTIRE bill, including fun adult libation. We saved 32% only because we used every credit and usually ordered the appies and the desserts. But doesn't TIW give you 20% off? THAT would be a great deal!

Thanks for your reviews, I really enjoyed them. I especcially liked your breakdown of how you used up your snack credits, we struggled to use ours on the dxddp and like yourselves used a lot up at Goofys on the last day.

It wouldn't have been so bad if more of the fun drinks had counted as snack credits.:sad2:

I know I'm a little late here, but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed all of your reviews. After hearing what you had to say on my "Should I Do Deluxe??" thread, I popped over here and read most of your dining reviews.

Glad to hear you guys enjoyed Jiko, California Grill and Hollywood Brown Derby so much since these are some that we are considering in December. Also loved the pictures of what you did with your extra snack credits from Goofy's Candy Company....mmmmmm.....

Great reviews and pictures, if I had any hesitation to do the DxDDP before, I think it's gone now :thumbsup2

I'm glad I could help. I hope you have fun with the plan!

Thanks for the wrap up. I'm on the DxDP for the first time this trip and it's great to get a lot of feedback on it. I'll be moving over to your TR now...:cool1:

My pleasure. Have fun with the deluxe plan.:thumbsup2 I'll be happy to have company on the TR!:yay:

Loved your reviews, analysis, and final thoughts! Very informative and has me seriously considering the deluxe plan for our next trip.

It's not for everyone or for every trip. I tried to show how it worked for us in particular so that if any one could relate, they could see how it might work for them. I'm glad to have helped.:goodvibes

Dang girl! I love how detailed and precise you are!!! Can we be BFFs???? ;):worship:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

When I go in Dec. we will have the same situation, 2 adults and DS8 and DxDDP and it was good to hear your views on it and how it affected everything. Your reviews were great, thank you for them. :)

My pleasure.

I have really enjoyed your report and appreciate all the details and pricing information. :)

Now off to start reading your trip report. :thumbsup2

Thank you! Please do join in the TR! I'll be getting to pictures soon.:flower3:

A*W*E*S*O*M*E Dining Reviews!! thank you so much for all the effort you put into your very detailed and humorous reviews!

My pleasure. I'm glad they were a good read. I try.:blush:

Great wrapup! I loved your reviews. Maybe someday we'll do the deluxe! I think it would be fun to try! LOL!

Thanks so much for the wrap up and the analysis. That's really helpful. As a singleton on a diet :rolleyes1 I'm not sure the deluxe plan is for me but ya never know! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! :goodvibes

What a wonderful and insightful dining review! I am planning a trip with DH and my Dd who will be 8 when we go next June. You reviewed most of the restaurants I was hoping to go to. My daughter has a rather sophisticated palate and it was great to hear how your son enjoyed the signature meals. I really feel like I can make an educated plan now thanks to the details you provided. We,too, will be using the DxDDP for this trip as it is both our first time and our 10th anniversary. GREAT JOB!!

Great wrapup! I loved your reviews. Maybe someday we'll do the deluxe! I think it would be fun to try! LOL!

Thanks! I think everyone that goes to WDW on a somewhat regular basis should try deluxe once, just for the fun of it!

Thanks so much for the wrap up and the analysis. That's really helpful. As a singleton on a diet :rolleyes1 I'm not sure the deluxe plan is for me but ya never know! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! :goodvibes

My pleasure. Funny thing about the diet. It's one of the reasons we chose the deluxe plan! It could be my imagination but I thought the dining options at the signature restaurants seemed healthier..:confused3 Maybe that was just for DS?

Thank you for the great dining report, it was very enjoyable reading!

Jason

My pleasure. Thanks for the feedback!

What a wonderful and insightful dining review! I am planning a trip with DH and my Dd who will be 8 when we go next June. You reviewed most of the restaurants I was hoping to go to. My daughter has a rather sophisticated palate and it was great to hear how your son enjoyed the signature meals. I really feel like I can make an educated plan now thanks to the details you provided. We,too, will be using the DxDDP for this trip as it is both our first time and our 10th anniversary. GREAT JOB!!

We really enjoyed the signature meals. It was probably clear that DS was one of the main factors in choosing deluxe. It let us do the buffets early and a very nice sit down later. This worked best to give DS a nice variety that included his favorite foods, meat, meat, salmon, meat, meat, pasta, AND chocolate!:rotfl:

Have a great anniversary trip!

I thoroughly enjoyed your reviews!!!!

Thank you!

Great reviews, we are doing BOMA for the first time this October.
Thanks!!

Thank you. Enjoy Boma. That breakfast was the BEST. The dinner there is really good too. We did that our first trip. Really good soup.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the wrap-up. I really enjoyed reading your cost analysis and reasons for chosing the deluxe. It was very helpful for future trip planning for us.:thumbsup2

I LOVED your Dining report.
Thanks so much for writing it. I have to say, I found this first, now I'm going to read your TR. :)

Loved the dining review, although now it is making me rethink the plan I had worked up for December!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter