WDW Commando Club

We got WDW lines for the Droid (not sure what other phones it works on) .... Going to try it out this week.... will let everyone know how it works!!! :banana:

Oh my goodness, where do I apply for membership? :lmao:

I am the always on-time, three different maps and a GPS, advanced-sale tickets purchased (at a bargain price), Christmas shopping finished by August (yep, it's done), list making, flow-chart-loving organized planner. My family (8 of us altogether) put me in charge of this ENTIRE trip, from booking flight/room reservations to meal ADRs. From information gathering to personalized map making (for each person).

I planned each day's breakfast to capitalize upon early park entry. I have made out schedules for each person in the family (everyone except dh and I are horrible planners/procrastinators) so that each person knows what time s/he needs to wake up, when to leave a park and the best route to take to get where they need to go (mostly for ADRs). I planned each day around one park, with an alternate park/ADRs for those who wish to venture off on their own. I made up elaborate information packets for each member of the family so that no question will go unanswered.

I have loved every single, solitary minute of this and I'm already thinking about our NEXT trip to WDW. *evil laughter* Thank God I'm not alone in this! :love:

First I wanted to say thank you to the mod that fixed my little brain fart yesterday. Sorry about that.

Second disney commando " I LOVE Kings Dominion." We went for their halloween haunt a couple of years back and had such a blast. Have fun shooting out of the mountain for me. I have to say I like Busch Gardens Virginia even better though. It is kinda like Epcot with awesome rides.

I will also be testing out the android based line app this trip. I have the Samsung Moment so we will find how well it works on another phone too.

Today and tomorrow are crazy. I have the house almost completely clean but I have appointments all day today and atleast half of tomorrow until we leave for the airport so this should be interesting...and I am still not sure I packed deodorant...it is marked off my list but I don't remember packing it so I am packing a second one just in case...the whole commando thing can make you SWEAT...:rotfl2:

Getting braces right before the trip was silly. I tried to eat last night and it was the strangest experience ever. I hope that it will calm down in a day or two. Oh well you live and learn and make mistakes so your kids don't have to right? I will pass down that knowledge. My teeth are straight but I have a gap between my front teeth that my best friend teased me about as a child so I don't smile often. I don't want my daughter remembering that.

Good luck to all leaving for their trips today and tomorrow...break a leg....see some of you soon.

Another thing that we did last night that we think will be nice for the parks is we emailed our plans to our email acct then picked it up on the phone and put it on Quickoffice....now we can access it in the park right on the phone without having to open the email like we had to last year. (I still printed a hardcopy just in case.... :rolleyes1) Hey, technology is great...until it isn't! :scared1:

Another thing that we did last night that we think will be nice for the parks is we emailed our plans to our email acct then picked it up on the phone and put it on Quickoffice....now we can access it in the park right on the phone without having to open the email like we had to last year. (I still printed a hardcopy just in case.... :rolleyes1) Hey, technology is great...until it isn't! :scared1:

thats a good idea!!! i could put the adr conf # etc... on an email and pick it up on my phone. :thumbsup2 thanks for the tip!!!!:thumbsup2 are you in the burbs or do you live in philly?

I'm looking at a tethering app for my phone, if I may ask, which app are you using and do you like it?

I use PDAnet - it's available on several types of phones. The only catch is that you have to connect your phone to your computer by way of USB. My favorite Best Buy sales guy told me that an app is looming for my phone to become a Wifi hotspot.

We got WDW lines for the Droid (not sure what other phones it works on) .... Going to try it out this week.... will let everyone know how it works!!! :banana:

I love the WDW lines app. It worked great for me, but I will put it to the real test in a few weeks, lol.

OK I'm joining in. The first trip may years ago there were no plans as we really did not have the DIS or the internet, and travel agent did not share much.

All trips since include an excel sheet that includes everyone's cell phone number, airline flight #'s, hotel #,s and daily ADRs. When folks are flying in from different cities its nice to have that all in one place.

Each date on the sheet is dedicated to a designated park, that park's static attractions and times are noted. Any special event (i.e. Flower & Garden Festival) / or seasonal activities and times/places are noted (i.e. DHS Spectacle of Dancing Lights).

Every member of the trip gets a copy of the spreadsheets. It is regular 8 1/2 by 11 size as some members have vision issues and it also comes in handy for making notes as we tour. Last trip was 6 sheets in length and placing them in sheet protectors makes them extremely easy to fold or roll up without wrinkling them or getting Casey's mustard on them.

We do include regular times to rest and smell the flowers and enjoy the music. Anyone wishing to go off schedule can do so because he has the sheets and knows where lunch and dinner will be and can join back up anytime.

That being said there was one year when an adult friend 12 years younger than most of us wanted to come along. I gave fair warning that there would be a lot to do. She kept saying anything you plan will be great with her. I shared the itinerary as it was being devloped over several weeks so nothing was going to be a surprize as far as time in the parks was concerned. All the activities were planned for someone the age of the majority of us so we would not tire or burn out.

Well the 12 years younger person was worn out the second day and said she had no idea of all we were doing and started complaining. She was reminded she did not have to stick to the schedule, but she kept complaining. The final straw for the rest of us was when she said the third morning that her idea of a vacation was to "tour for half a day and rest for half a day".

That was fine with me and the rest of the group tackled the schedule with gusto and we even got in a few extra activites as we encountered some unexpected fun things along the way. Everytime we got together with her she was complaining. She wanted someone to 'rest half a day' with her and no one wanted to miss all the fun we planned, so I guess the trip was not fun for her.

But the killer was after the trip she told all her friends it was the absolute best trip ever because there was so much she got to see and do. Go figure.

By the way, the group has done subsequnet trips and even though she asked to be included, none of us wanted to take the complaining so we did not invite her along. We're still going strong (minus one).

Enjoy all your trips all you fellow commandos!

:wizard:

Haha I think I can qualify...I've been to Disney countless times with my dad and he usually planned everything...Until I hit 17 yrs old. He handed me the reigns of the the trip planner. I now make the ADRs, resort reservations, I get park hours as early as they come. and have almost everything planned 4 months before our trip :)

:welcome: You are member #101. Wow I see you work or (worked ) at Pop, that's Awesome, I bet you know alot of inside tips:goodvibes

Oh my goodness, where do I apply for membership? :lmao:

I am the always on-time, three different maps and a GPS, advanced-sale tickets purchased (at a bargain price), Christmas shopping finished by August (yep, it's done), list making, flow-chart-loving organized planner. My family (8 of us altogether) put me in charge of this ENTIRE trip, from booking flight/room reservations to meal ADRs. From information gathering to personalized map making (for each person).

I planned each day's breakfast to capitalize upon early park entry. I have made out schedules for each person in the family (everyone except dh and I are horrible planners/procrastinators) so that each person knows what time s/he needs to wake up, when to leave a park and the best route to take to get where they need to go (mostly for ADRs). I planned each day around one park, with an alternate park/ADRs for those who wish to venture off on their own. I made up elaborate information packets for each member of the family so that no question will go unanswered.

I have loved every single, solitary minute of this and I'm already thinking about our NEXT trip to WDW. *evil laughter* Thank God I'm not alone in this! :love:

:welcome: You are member #102. You have been doing alot of planning:woohoo: And to make one out for all 8, they are very luckey to have you planning the trip:goodvibes

1st I would like to Thank Debbie:thanks: for putting all this info together:goodvibes, IMO it is better than any book:thumbsup2

You can obtain a copy by sending Debbie a PM user name Dcanoli , be sure to include your email addy. You can tell her that you are from the commando thread (she's expecting us:yay:) The only thing I ask is that everyone who ask's for the Document does it in a polite manner (although I don't think anyone here wouldn't)

She also has a thread titled - Your BEST WDW theme park secret! Part II that you might want to check out:woohoo:

She did say that she may qualify as a Commando:confused3, Hopefully she will come and visit us:goodvibes

Debbie wanted me to let everyone know that if you sent her a PM today, to please resend it, (she lost power and PM's & emails got erased), she wanted to make sure that if you requested the Document, that you will receive it:goodvibes:thumbsup2

OK I'm joining in. The first trip may years ago there were no plans as we really did not have the DIS or the internet, and travel agent did not share much.

All trips since include an excel sheet that includes everyone's cell phone number, airline flight #'s, hotel #,s and daily ADRs. When folks are flying in from different cities its nice to have that all in one place.

Each date on the sheet is dedicated to a designated park, that park's static attractions and times are noted. Any special event (i.e. Flower & Garden Festival) / or seasonal activities and times/places are noted (i.e. DHS Spectacle of Dancing Lights).

Every member of the trip gets a copy of the spreadsheets. It is regular 8 1/2 by 11 size as some members have vision issues and it also comes in handy for making notes as we tour. Last trip was 6 sheets in length and placing them in sheet protectors makes them extremely easy to fold or roll up without wrinkling them or getting Casey's mustard on them.

We do include regular times to rest and smell the flowers and enjoy the music. Anyone wishing to go off schedule can do so because he has the sheets and knows where lunch and dinner will be and can join back up anytime.

That being said there was one year when an adult friend 12 years younger than most of us wanted to come along. I gave fair warning that there would be a lot to do. She kept saying anything you plan will be great with her. I shared the itinerary as it was being devloped over several weeks so nothing was going to be a surprize as far as time in the parks was concerned. All the activities were planned for someone the age of the majority of us so we would not tire or burn out.

Well the 12 years younger person was worn out the second day and said she had no idea of all we were doing and started complaining. She was reminded she did not have to stick to the schedule, but she kept complaining. The final straw for the rest of us was when she said the third morning that her idea of a vacation was to "tour for half a day and rest for half a day".

That was fine with me and the rest of the group tackled the schedule with gusto and we even got in a few extra activites as we encountered some unexpected fun things along the way. Everytime we got together with her she was complaining. She wanted someone to 'rest half a day' with her and no one wanted to miss all the fun we planned, so I guess the trip was not fun for her.

But the killer was after the trip she told all her friends it was the absolute best trip ever because there was so much she got to see and do. Go figure.

By the way, the group has done subsequnet trips and even though she asked to be included, none of us wanted to take the complaining so we did not invite her along. We're still going strong (minus one).

Enjoy all your trips all you fellow commandos!

:wizard:

:welcome: You are member #103. I think it's Great that you go with a group that is all on the same page, and continue to go on trips together:grouphug: minus 1 (sometimes you have to drop the weakest link to get everything done):thumbsup2

I'm handing over the keys to Aimee for a few days, I'll list any new members when I get back:goodvibes

Everyone going to WDW have a Great Trip & Don't do anything I wouldn't:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

I'm handing over the keys to Aimee for a few days, I'll list any new members when I get back:goodvibes

Everyone going to WDW have a Great Trip & Don't do anything I wouldn't:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

Have fun in Virginia!

I just penned our Day 2 touring plans - Saturday, Sept 4. Our plans are to do Epcot in the AM to early afternoon, then finish at the MK. We have ADR's at LeCellier for lunch and Cali Grill for dinner. The crowd level is 3 and DHS is the park to avoid due to AM EMH.

My goal for the morning is to make sure we get to ride Soarin' at least once and Test Track as much as we want. Of course, we will visit other attractions too. My son LOVES the single rider line for Test Track. As far as WS goes, we are breaking up the countries and learning about them as our vacation progresses. They just have to learn something since I am taking them out of school. :lmao: Since we are leaving our previous vacationers at home, we can do whatever we want. :woohoo: We really didn't get to spend much time exploring in Epcot as a family last year.

For MK, we are going to get FP before we leave for the resort (not sure what ride yet) and then we will tour the attractions that have short lines and just explore the MK. Maybe some autographs too.

We leave for the airport in about 4 hours....have a good time while I am gone....I will keep checking to see whats up. Woohoo!

I love the Excel spreadsheet w/ phone numbers...and the sheet protectors! I made personalized maps for each party for each day, showing our ADRs/location for that day, as well as their favorite attractions and whether each one has a FP option. However, never thought to put them in plastic protectors. Love it! *runs off to make phone list*

Another thing I did was to include a list of each day's ADRs, along with the reservation # for each and the Disney dining #. This way, if someone decides s/he doesn't want to join us for that meal, s/he can call and take himself off the res for that day. With 24 hours advance notice, of course. Saves ME from being the one to juggle the rezzies while in the park. I'll have to report back as to how well this works. ;)

I'm Back:scared1: I want to Thank Amiee for keeping a eye on the place:goodvibes, Well hopefully our fellow Commandos that are at WDW now are having a Great time:woohoo: I can't wait to hear their adventures:confused3

You guys are going to have to let me in on these Excel spread sheets & Ridemax, I'm very much Old School (so far it works great), but I'm wondering if it will help any or just confuse me:confused3, since I'm the type that will go against the grain to max out plans, will it help:confused3. I am open to new idea's:woohoo:

No problem! I'm getting super excited - we leave in just 15 days.

15 Days:woohoo: Did you find out anything usefull in Deb's Document that may have changed any plans:confused3 f you have any ?'s about the document, I'll be glad to help you out:goodvibes Even if you think it might be a dumb question, being a stand up kind of guy I'll tell you the only dumb question is the one not asked:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter