• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

WDW Commando Club

Stitchywoman - I'm sorry for the frustrations you are having! I hope everything went ok.

Got some Good News for everyone:cool1: I heard back from Debbie about the Secret Document, We are good to go :goodvibes. Everyone can discuss it openly (with this info just think of all the possibilites a group of Commando's could come up with :confused3) I'll be posting the how to get the info post most likely tomorrow, ( I want to word everything just right:woohoo:):thumbsup2:wizard:pixiedust:

You can sign me up!

I'm only fifteen, and although I've been to DL four times I've only been to WDW once - and that was when I was three! However, my mother and I have decided on celebrating either my seventeenth or eighteenth birthday (October 13th) with a visit to WDW and I'm already doing research and planning. Planning and researching is such a fantastic release, and a great way to keep myself from going insane waiting!

I've read through this entire thread and made many - a - note; I will be a veteran by the time I go without even having a previous trip in living memory! Any additional tips you'd be willing to give me are so, so loved! :cool1:

:welcome: You ae member #97. That's great that you are planning out your trip. I'm sure that you will have a great trip & your parents will be proud and impressed that you took on a huge responsibility:woohoo:

haha love this thread!!!! I am an obssessive planner and have fortunately (or maybe not so much!) passed this trait down to at least my eldest daughter, while the younger does do great planning, she just isn't as obsessed as Candace and I are...We have our spreadsheet all filled in and we basically have every single hour filled in with something, even if it just says "filler rides" We are taking along my great nephew who is 3 and a half, so this is a whole new animal we had to plan for... the last time I planned a Disney trip for a kid was back in 93 or so and I had to GO TO THE LIBRARY!!!! Hmmmph! But even back then I had a master plan and then notecards for each day...I can't imagine going there without planning this way...will be popping in now and again, because, of course, I am obsessively reading anything and everything about Disney for the next 14 days... not to mention driving my co-workers crazy with my constant talking about it .. I'm sure they can't wait for me to go lol Incidentally I do this with our cruises too...pretty much know exactly where we will be at what time on any given day :) My motto for this thread will be "I always go commando":tink:

:welcome: You are member #98. I drive my co-workers crazy all the time about WDW (when you get back they will ask you for advise before their trips:goodvibes. I'll be posting how to get the Document tommorrow night ( if you don't already have it, will give you a whole new insight:thumbsup2)

I think I qualify since its 14 months until our first trip and I'm making note of THIS YEARS park hours so I can be that far ahead on NEXT October...:rolleyes1

Now I need to go back through the pages on this thread to find some tips!:thumbsup2

:welcome: You are member #99. In 14 months from now, you will most likely be a extreme commando, ready for anything:woohoo:

I am as gung-ho as it gets. I already have my next 2 trips planned. Complete with various spread sheets. Right down to food.

I don't need maps. I have commited everything to memory. I could get to the Haunted Mansion blindfolded! I go from open to close. My family has actaully left me at the parks because they wanted to go to sleep.

I want to do everything! As many times as possible!

I am as gung-ho as it gets. I already have my next 2 trips planned. Complete with various spread sheets. Right down to food.

I don't need maps. I have commited everything to memory. I could get to the Haunted Mansion blindfolded! I go from open to close. My family has actaully left me at the parks because they wanted to go to sleep.

:welcome: And Congratulations! you are member #100.:mic::woohoo::banana::grouphug::cheer2::dance3::rockband::dancer::dancer::dancer:party::jumping3::jumping2::bounce::Pinkbounc:goodvibes. Sounds like my kind of planning:thumbsup2. A few years ago I did send my In-laws back to their room more than once:lmao:

Hey guys...I know it doesn't have anything to do with the thread but I needed to get this out. I am so frustrated. Atleast I think it's frustration. My cousin calls me yesterday and refers to himself as "Jody's nephew." By the way Jody is my step-dad but they have been my family since I was born as my mom and step-dad were together when I was born. He's my daddy.... My greatgrandma died about 2 weeks ago and we have been waiting for funeral info from my other cousin who is making the arrangements. She is the one I was closest to in the family and it is hitting me REALLY hard. Well we have all called and called but got no answers back. I just knew they were going to have the funeral while I was supposed to be at Disney and my mom and dad told me I needed to go on the trip. It cost a lot of money we don't really have, I would have to cancel my DBFF's trip to (since I am paying) and grandma Ruby would have wanted me to go cause well thats who she is. Anyway, back on topic. I got a call yesterday asking for my parent's number because he had dropped his phone in water and the only number he had was mine because I had left it in the voice mail they recovered. He wanted to "check" to make sure they had the info for the funeral that my other cousin's girlfriend was supposed to call everyone with. Mind you my dad and she had some issues that tore our whole family apart for a while...we still don't talk much and all used to be VERY close. Well needless to say she never called and since no one else returned any of our calls we didn't know when or where the funeral was planned. Turned out it's TODAY! :furious: We almost missed my grandma's funeral...So now I am frustrated and upset and hurt and sad and angry.....I am so lost in an insane amount of emotion I don't know what to do with it. That on top of me being behind on my daily preparation schedule and being off from work while my work injuries heal has me not sleeping at all.

Sorry to put this here, but my fellow commandos are the only people I could think of who could handle all this crap at once...hahahaha...thanks guys.

1st Sorry to hear of your Grandmother's passing. The way it was handled was not right ( I don't know if everything was dropped into their lap & might not know how to handle such a matter). Don't let it ruin your trip ( I'm sure she wounld not want that.) But before getting rash ask some other members of the family how they were informed:confused3

Compare and contrast COMMANDO vs NON-COMMANDO
Space Mountain Example
Actual clock times
Standby only (no Fast Pass option)
Wednesday 21 Aug 1996

Commando style rope drop:
Shortly past park opening:
0915 In line outside the tunnel nearly to TTC boarding
0945 board spaceship
0949 exit spaceship
TOTAL 34 minutes

Non-commando style late arrival:
Returned that afternoon:
1243 In line outside the tunnel beyond TTA boarding
1253 Enter the tunnel
1303 Pass turnstyle at the control tower begin switchbacks
1332 board spaceship
1337 exit spaceship
Total 54 minutes

Choose wisely!

This is stuff I can never figure with people, In during a course of a full day if you can save at least 2hrs a day wait time x a 7 day week :teacher: That's a bonus day you can do whatever you want. Who wouldn't want that:confused3

did you print the menus for the places you are eating??? i have to hand it to you, you are the first person i know that was left at a park because the rest of the people in your party wanted to go to sleep.:worship::worship: commando will have to honor you in some way with a title on the commando thread.:thumbsup2:rotfl:

The moderators have decided that this thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

We were the only ones that didn't get called....ick...the best part is my female cousin (who's but my grandma repeatedly saved) didn't even show and has been making excuses for a week about why she would or wouldn't be there. This is after her husband asked my other cousin for 600,000 dollars for a house...***? Fun family. I love them all with every fiber of my being and getting to spend time with them at the funeral was wonderful. My grandma would have wanted to be there partying it up with the rest of us.

On a different note I went in for a teeth cleaning and consultation with an orthodontist and came back with braces and a ridiculously expensive deep cleaning. The braces I wanted but didn't think they would put them on same day! The deep cleaning HURT...Anyway, I forgot how expensive taking care of your teeth is...yuck. On a lighter note, my rubberbands are LIME GREEN! I told them it was my daughter's favorite color (it is) rather than yet again admitting I am a Disney fanatic...hahaha...

I leave in 3 days and don't know what to do with myself I am so excited. I need to clean my house but have been at the doctor for 7 hours and have no drive to clean more. I did two loads of laundry before I left and picked up the floors but need to mop and such. I think I will just go over my touring plans again instead...Hahaha...

Woo Hoo on leaving in 3 days! Sorry about the family issues.

I'm netbooking it at my son's football game. Testing out the tethering app on my phone. Looks like I will have internet during our trip by way of my data plan.

Can I tell all of you just how much I hate packing!!! I am so excited to be leaving tomorrow, but the getting ready to "hit the road" sure is a pain!!!! feel like we are taking the entire house. Maybe I should just rent a Uhaul and hitch the house to it.... :scared1: We decided to leave Friday night and drive straight through the night and spend Saturday in Orlando at a Springhill Suites so we can hit MK at rope drop on Sunday....

We are also having a house sitter stay with the pets... so I feel this need to get the house really cleaned up for her too... (I wish I liked commando cleaning :worship:)

I would much rather be spending tonight going through my touring plans with a nice drink! :love:

1st I would like to Thank Debbie:thanks: for putting all this info together:goodvibes, IMO it is better than any book:thumbsup2

You can obtain a copy by sending Debbie a PM user name Dcanoli , be sure to include your email addy. You can tell her that you are from the commando thread (she's expecting us:yay:) The only thing I ask is that everyone who ask's for the Document does it in a polite manner (although I don't think anyone here wouldn't)

She also has a thread titled - Your BEST WDW theme park secret! Part II that you might want to check out:woohoo:

She did say that she may qualify as a Commando:confused3, Hopefully she will come and visit us:goodvibes

I want to wish everyone going down to WDW in the next couple of days, A Great & Safe trip:goodvibes:woohoo: Get your rest in now:scared1:

I'm leaving Sat. for a mini vac for a few days, Hitting Delaware (friends live there) & then heading to Doswell VA to hit Kings Dominion for a couple days.

I wonder if I can find someone to keep a eye on the thread and welcome new commandos to the club:scratchin

:worship: Debbie rocks!

I'm going to be around and have no problem welcoming our newbies. 3 weeks from tonight, I will be falling asleep with my kiddos at CBR.

Compare and contrast COMMANDO vs NON-COMMANDO
Space Mountain Example
Actual clock times
Standby only (no Fast Pass option)
Wednesday 21 Aug 1996

Commando style rope drop:
Shortly past park opening:
0915 In line outside the tunnel nearly to TTC boarding
0945 board spaceship
0949 exit spaceship
TOTAL 34 minutes

Non-commando style late arrival:
Returned that afternoon:
1243 In line outside the tunnel beyond TTA boarding
1253 Enter the tunnel
1303 Pass turnstyle at the control tower begin switchbacks
1332 board spaceship
1337 exit spaceship
Total 54 minutes

Choose wisely!

Haha I think I can qualify...I've been to Disney countless times with my dad and he usually planned everything...Until I hit 17 yrs old. He handed me the reigns of the the trip planner. I now make the ADRs, resort reservations, I get park hours as early as they come. and have almost everything planned 4 months before our trip :)

I'm netbooking it at my son's football game. Testing out the tethering app on my phone. Looks like I will have internet during our trip by way of my data plan.

I'm looking at a tethering app for my phone, if I may ask, which app are you using and do you like it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter