WDW Commando Club 2 - Magic Bands & FP+ Oh My

We are here! The ride wasn't great for my back, but being in the driver seat helped, so DH let me take a lot of turns at the wheel. I take some Motrin in the mornings and I'm good to go!

When are you arriving?

I hope to be in MK no later then 4pm Thurs:cool1:

Commando1 signing out to go on WDW mission pirate: will be back on Mon :thumbsup2

I will put in a good word for all the Commandos to Santa Goofy:cool2:

What a fabulous thread! It will be my first time ever at Disney this Christmas and I now know who I am - a commando!! :rotfl: I had no idea there was such a term but in the last 10 months since deciding to do Christmas at Disney, I've interviewed 5 girlfriends for their do's and don'ts, likes and dislikes; read multiple How-to-Disney books, bookmarked various Disney info sites plus forums, created my spreadsheets and updated them umpteenth times, taken care of all my ADRs on Day 180 before my trip, all my FP+ on Day 60 and at 1 am Eastern time this morning, scored an FP+ to BOG for lunch on 26th Dec, thanks to a fellow Disboarder.

I am in information heaven reading all this but have not found information about activities my family can do while standing in line (yes, am ready for lines considering level 11 crowds on 23 to 27Dec). We are not exactly a gadget friendly family and I don't think carrying a tonne of books into the parks sounds like fun but can any of you veteran commandos recommend what we can do whilst moving along the waiting lines?

Thanks so much!! :yay:

PS - hope I am allowed to post here. Apologies if I am not.

What a fabulous thread! It will be my first time ever at Disney this Christmas and I now know who I am - a commando!! :rotfl: I had no idea there was such a term but in the last 10 months since deciding to do Christmas at Disney, I've interviewed 5 girlfriends for their do's and don'ts, likes and dislikes; read multiple How-to-Disney books, bookmarked various Disney info sites plus forums, created my spreadsheets and updated them umpteenth times, taken care of all my ADRs on Day 180 before my trip, all my FP+ on Day 60 and at 1 am Eastern time this morning, scored an FP+ to BOG for lunch on 26th Dec, thanks to a fellow Disboarder. I am in information heaven reading all this but have not found information about activities my family can do while standing in line (yes, am ready for lines considering level 11 crowds on 23 to 27Dec). We are not exactly a gadget friendly family and I don't think carrying a tonne of books into the parks sounds like fun but can any of you veteran commandos recommend what we can do whilst moving along the waiting lines? Thanks so much!! :yay: PS - hope I am allowed to post here. Apologies if I am not.
I was there during Thanksgiving & did the BOG lunch FP... Loved it! As far as activities for lines, I brought snacks, water, and a notebook & pen for my DD 7. The water was good to have, but didn't really need too many snacks & didn't use the notebook.. We mostly chatted & looked at our map. The pen came in handy for marking things on the map. My DD also had a lanyard with pins, so she would often strike up conversations with other kids & check out each other's pins & maybe make a trade.

Well, CLEARLY I need to be a member of this group. Ya'll are my peeps. I found you via Wendy's TR and, as I mentioned in her thread, my friends call me The Commodore because of my scheduling/planning/managing nature.

But, let's be honest, those people just don't get it. If I don't have some sort of spreadsheet or line item list or bullet point to refer to, I will go mad. Comes with the job description, but I'm like that by nature anyway.

So, hi everyone! Nice to meet you all.

- Carey

Me: 34 DH: 44 Furkid: Dogmatix
- Nearly Yearly Boardwalk CL Guests, 10+ yrs -

Well, CLEARLY I need to be a member of this group. Ya'll are my peeps. I found you via Wendy's TR and, as I mentioned in her thread, my friends call me The Commodore because of my scheduling/planning/managing nature. But, let's be honest, those people just don't get it. If I don't have some sort of spreadsheet or line item list or bullet point to refer to, I will go mad. Comes with the job description, but I'm like that by nature anyway. So, hi everyone! Nice to meet you all. - Carey Me: 34 DH: 44 Furkid: Dogmatix - Nearly Yearly Boardwalk CL Guests, 10+ yrs -

Nice to meet you also! I agree other people don't get it... But for my family they appreciated it when the planning paid off during our last trip..

That's awesome that you get to go to the boardwalk yearly.. Is your next trip scheduled?

What a fabulous thread! It will be my first time ever at Disney this Christmas and I now know who I am - a commando!! :rotfl: I had no idea there was such a term but in the last 10 months since deciding to do Christmas at Disney, I've interviewed 5 girlfriends for their do's and don'ts, likes and dislikes; read multiple How-to-Disney books, bookmarked various Disney info sites plus forums, created my spreadsheets and updated them umpteenth times, taken care of all my ADRs on Day 180 before my trip, all my FP+ on Day 60 and at 1 am Eastern time this morning, scored an FP+ to BOG for lunch on 26th Dec, thanks to a fellow Disboarder.

I am in information heaven reading all this but have not found information about activities my family can do while standing in line (yes, am ready for lines considering level 11 crowds on 23 to 27Dec). We are not exactly a gadget friendly family and I don't think carrying a tonne of books into the parks sounds like fun but can any of you veteran commandos recommend what we can do whilst moving along the waiting lines?

Thanks so much!! :yay:

PS - hope I am allowed to post here. Apologies if I am not.

:welcome: You are member #284:cool1:, What a Awesome time of year to go to WDW especially for a 1st trip:yay::woohoo:, As far as what to do while waiting in line, most of the queues have some sort of scenery to keep you busy, but a good time passer would be The Hidden Mickey guide book, this way everyone can have fun looking for Mickey's for that ride or nearby:thumbsup2

Just wanted you all to know Ron is having a Wonderful time and says Hi!

:welcome: You are member #284:cool1:, What a Awesome time of year to go to WDW especially for a 1st trip:yay::woohoo:, As far as what to do while waiting in line, most of the queues have some sort of scenery to keep you busy, but a good time passer would be The Hidden Mickey guide book, this way everyone can have fun looking for Mickey's for that ride or nearby:thumbsup2

Of course, he may be home now...

Well, CLEARLY I need to be a member of this group. Ya'll are my peeps. I found you via Wendy's TR and, as I mentioned in her thread, my friends call me The Commodore because of my scheduling/planning/managing nature.

But, let's be honest, those people just don't get it. If I don't have some sort of spreadsheet or line item list or bullet point to refer to, I will go mad. Comes with the job description, but I'm like that by nature anyway.

So, hi everyone! Nice to meet you all.

- Carey

:welcome: You are member #285:cool1: Everyday there are many just don't get it guests roaming the parks with no idea what or where to go next:rolleyes1, On the bus or in lines I always like to listen to what others are planning or trying to plan next, you can tell who is a planner and who is not:listen:, If it wasn't for those who don't plan, we would be waiting on longer lines:confused3:scared1:

That's awesome that you get to go to the boardwalk yearly.. Is your next trip scheduled?

Hi Ladybug! Yes, our next trip is scheduled for February 22-28. In 2014 our studio was very busy with a couple of big projects and so we had to push our Nov. dates out, which makes 2014 a rare year of no Disney, :( however last trip was Nov. 2013 so I haven't gotten too homesick.

Also, between now and February there are several business trips scheduled, including a major event in Miami (it seems criminal to fly across country, so close to WDW, and not go, but alas), not to mention the holidays.... I am ALMOST at my limit of things to keep track of. Thank God for spreadsheets.

:welcome: You are member #285:cool1:

Yay, #285! So nice to meet a group of like-minded folks. I thought I was the only one finely tuning our upcoming experience with ADRs, FP+, EMH, Touring Plans, etc. I might even have DH customize our magic bands.

- Carey

WDW COMMANDO #285!

Well we have been back a few days now and finally rested up:rotfl2: I always plan a pretty hefty agenda, with that it carries the risk of not getting everything done (depending mostly on timing:scared1:), this was not the case our 1st day or even the whole trip, it was like Walt was showing us around:wizard: And all my crazy planning of what would the normal guest do, then do it differently paid off, also timing was Everything this trip, 5-10mins could have thrown off the whole trip:rolleyes1

So this is what happened the 1st day

- Flight arrived on time 1:53, we got off, headed to terminal B to catch ME, we got right on the bus, left within a couple mins, got to POP at 2:44:cool1:, checked in , dropped stuff at room, got on bus line for MK, got to MK about 4pm, they were already letting in for MVMCP, so we got our band then went to Firehouse to get our Elsa sorcerer cards, 1st FP ended at 4:30, made it to Space Ranger spin with minutes to spare, then used our BTMRR FP that started at 4:30, Then we ate Dinner at Pinocchio's, then used our 5:30 FP for Space Mountian:thumbsup2

Now it's 5:45, so we headed to the Sandy Claws M&G, got there at 5:55, M&G starts at 7, we were 12th in line:cool1: Now for some Pixie Dust, Jack Skelington came out at 6:15:worship:, we were done in no time, then took advantage of the no line at the BarnStormer:thumbsup2, Then we headed to The Aladdin M&G that started at 7, we were 14th in line:banana:, Then we did Jack Sparrow M&G with a 10min wait (everyone was probably at Sandy Claws:lmao:), Then we did BTMRR x2, after that we went to the dance party at the Diamond Horseshoe where my wife was dancing with Big Al (he can dance, he was spinning her around and everything:rotfl2:), Then we notice HM was open (was supposed to be on refurb till the 19th) with a 10min wait:woohoo:

We then got in line for the 7Dwarfs, line wasn't that long but moved really slow, after that we had a few mins before the fireworks, I wanted to be by Crystal Palace, but only made it over by the Christmas shop when it stared so all though not the best spot in the park , we got to see the show without a large crowd:banana:

We found a spot in Frontierland across from where the sell the Turkey legs to watch the parade, after that we head over to Cosmic Ray's for Club Tinsel with Phinias & Ferb, we the caught the 11:20Celebrate The Season show at the Castle, took some pics on MS and then headed for the bus ::yes::

Time was on my side and it pretty much stuck with us the whole trip, We got everything we wanted to get done, and since we were way ahead of schedule we got some rides in as a bonus:good vibes

Hopefully this might give some of you ideas for next year, since there is only 2 more MVMCP this year

Hello fellow Commandos. No trip report is complete without an analysis. Part One is now available in my Trip Report (linked below).

Well we have been back a few days now and finally rested up:rotfl2: I always plan a pretty hefty agenda, with that it carries the risk of not getting everything done (depending mostly on timing:scared1:), this was not the case our 1st day or even the whole trip, it was like Walt was showing us around:wizard: And all my crazy planning of what would the normal guest do, then do it differently paid off, also timing was Everything this trip, 5-10mins could have thrown off the whole trip:rolleyes1

Hopefully this might give some of you ideas for next year, since there is only 2 more MVMCP this year

Sounds like another great trip and those APs are still smoking. :lmao:

I too saw that MVMCP ended soon. But, I guess they don't need a special ticket item to draw people to WDW over the next two weeks.

When Disney Commando mentioned the Hidden Mickey Guide book, I searched for it online and also found this book: Lots to Do In Line: Walt Disney World. Haven't read either book but might be worth looking into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter