WDW Commando Club 2 - Magic Bands & FP+ Oh My

I may be twisted for even thinking this:rolleyes1, During Easter week 2 parks have a AM EMH, MK is everyday, now looking at past Holidays, MK opened at 7am:confused3, with that said hit MK do maybe 7DMT & Space M, then leave head to Epcot for 9am RD (should be light since 2 parks would already be open), hit TT & Soarin, have our FP+ for another park after 10:30am be done be 1pm:confused3

Although the ball is not in my court rite now (EMH is at 8now), BUT if it does I'm going to play it for all it's worth:thumbsup2

Think about it, If they open a park at 7am, pull this off a few times during the week, your going to have a ton of free time to do whatever:confused3

I may be twisted for even thinking this:rolleyes1, During Easter week 2 parks have a AM EMH, MK is everyday, now looking at past Holidays, MK opened at 7am:confused3, with that said hit MK do maybe 7DMT & Space M, then leave head to Epcot for 9am RD (should be light since 2 parks would already be open), hit TT & Soarin, have our FP+ for another park after 10:30am be done be 1pm:confused3

Although the ball is not in my court rite now (EMH is at 8now), BUT if it does I'm going to play it for all it's worth:thumbsup2

Think about it, If they open a park at 7am, pull this off a few times during the week, your going to have a ton of free time to do whatever:confused3

This sounds fantastic! Love the way you think...but make sure you eat breakfast before you go or while waiting to get in the gates. I learned the hard way that a breakfast bar and coffee is not enough.

Finally a rumor to get excited about:confused3
At HS the Baymax & Hiro Meet & Greet is rumored to be replaced by Olaf :banana: maybe sometime in March:confused3

Finally a rumor to get excited about:confused3
At HS the Baymax & Hiro Meet & Greet is rumored to be replaced by Olaf :banana: maybe sometime in March:confused3

You're excited meeting Olaf? I may be the only one who still likes the Frozen "let it go" song, but I still don't want to meet Olaf.

WOW I go away for a few days and they change the whole site:furious:, it's a little confusing right now not sure on navigation round the boards:confused3

Anyway got to make our FP's for Easter week, I will post them soon, think I did pretty good for one of the most crowded weeks of the year:thumbsup2

In the next few weeks they should be posting a lot of news on upcoming events and other things around the parks, New restaurants opening in DTD, Maybe some news on Hollywood Studios:confused3

It's something to look forward too, while a lot of us have cold weather and snow and get closer everyday to catching cabin fever:eek:, hope everyone has a trip to plan for:thumbsup2:goodvibes

WOW I go away for a few days and they change the whole site:furious:, it's a little confusing right now not sure on navigation round the boards:confused3

Anyway got to make our FP's for Easter week, I will post them soon, think I did pretty good for one of the most crowded weeks of the year:thumbsup2

In the next few weeks they should be posting a lot of news on upcoming events and other things around the parks, New restaurants opening in DTD, Maybe some news on Hollywood Studios:confused3

It's something to look forward too, while a lot of us have cold weather and snow and get closer everyday to catching cabin fever:eek:, hope everyone has a trip to plan for:thumbsup2:goodvibes

I know! I haven't checked in for a while and now I'm all confuzled! :rolleyes1 I like it though!

Our next commando trip is now about 5 months away! We're making a first attempt at July 4th touring! :beach:

We know it will be hot and miserable. We plan to take full advantage of our AP with water park access and do many waterpark trips and spend a lot of time at the pools too. Park touring will be limited to mornings and evenings, and maybe (if the kids can hang) some late nights! :idea: We will celebrate my youngest boy turning 11 while we are there, which will be pretty cool! :bday:

We will be doing two different resorts in an effort to save our DVC points and some money and leave some points to "gift" to family members in case they want to join us or take a trip. So right now we have 2 nights in a VWL Studio and then 4 nights in a 1BR at OKW. We plan to take full advantage of the 1BR and have many meals in our room. We have a FEW ADRs right now, mostly for the birthday boy's meal, but not many at all. Hoping to keep costs low for this trip!

I know! I haven't checked in for a while and now I'm all confuzled! :rolleyes1 I like it though!

Our next commando trip is now about 5 months away! We're making a first attempt at July 4th touring! :beach:

We know it will be hot and miserable. We plan to take full advantage of our AP with water park access and do many waterpark trips and spend a lot of time at the pools too. Park touring will be limited to mornings and evenings, and maybe (if the kids can hang) some late nights! :idea: We will celebrate my youngest boy turning 11 while we are there, which will be pretty cool! :bday:

We will be doing two different resorts in an effort to save our DVC points and some money and leave some points to "gift" to family members in case they want to join us or take a trip. So right now we have 2 nights in a VWL Studio and then 4 nights in a 1BR at OKW. We plan to take full advantage of the 1BR and have many meals in our room. We have a FEW ADRs right now, mostly for the birthday boy's meal, but not many at all. Hoping to keep costs low for this trip!

Congratulations! on your upcoming trip:woohoo:, we have done many summer trips and there are 2 things I recommend that may make it a little better:confused3

1- Have a rain poncho (summer time is prime time for those 1-2hr heavy downpours:scared1:)

2- If it is hot and sunny out , do not sit on a bench to take a break, this will totally wipe out all your energy, then it's game over for the day :faint:, if you need to sit down pick a show or ride inside that you can get a nap in on:thumbsup2

It has now come into play:worship:, MK is open everyday at 7am, AK & HS at 8am, and most days Epcot at 9am:thumbsup2

:scratchin thinking MK at 7 do a few rides , catch the Monorail and head to Epcot, be there for 9am RD and hit Test Track twice, pretty much by 10 or 10:30 we can be on our way to a 3rd park or be on downtime:confused3

Just to throw it out there MK is also open to 1am every night, somewhere along the line there has to be a few hours for a nap:confused3, otherwise by the time you get back to the room after closing it would only be around 3.5 hrs of sleep a night if we did the 7am and headed back at 1am, with 7 days in play I'm going to have to plan some midday sleep time otherwise our group of 7 will start to drop:faint:

It is indeed a Commando's playing field::yes::

It has now come into play:worship:, MK is open everyday at 7am, AK & HS at 8am, and most days Epcot at 9am:thumbsup2

:scratchin thinking MK at 7 do a few rides , catch the Monorail and head to Epcot, be there for 9am RD and hit Test Track twice, pretty much by 10 or 10:30 we can be on our way to a 3rd park or be on downtime:confused3

Just to throw it out there MK is also open to 1am every night, somewhere along the line there has to be a few hours for a nap:confused3, otherwise by the time you get back to the room after closing it would only be around 3.5 hrs of sleep a night if we did the 7am and headed back at 1am, with 7 days in play I'm going to have to plan some midday sleep time otherwise our group of 7 will start to drop:faint:

It is indeed a Commando's playing field::yes::

Nice! I'm sure you'll make the most of it, Ron!

I've been knocking off the winter Honey-do list:crazy2:, I've also been planning our Easter trip:thumbsup2, this trip is a little different then the rest since they are offering crazy hours with MK at 7am to 1am everyday & most other parks except Epcot opening at 8am:banana:

We are seriously thinking of a couple extras like the ride along at the racetrack since they will be closing for good in June, and also thinking about The Behind The Seeds Toue since it was highly recommended by agavegirl1:thumbsup2

At 40days out I don't want to cram the day yet since there will be much more that is not listed yet to add but this is my rough draft:confused3

Easter
- Be in MK by noon most important thing is to do meet & greet with Mr & Mrs Easter Bunny
- 2 :50 Easter Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern
- FP 4:30-5:30 7DMT
- FP 5:30-6:30 BTMR
- FP 7:05-8:05 Space Mountain
- Of course other rides most likely line moving rides will be in between like Laugh Factory, Tiki Room Etc will be in play
also would like to watch Parade & Fireworks to get them done

Mon
- 7am MK, Space Mountain x 2, Buzz Lightyear, Speedway
- Leave MK to Epcot for 9am RD, TT x 2, Mission Space
- 10:30 - 4pm Free Time
- 4pm HS
- FP 4-5pm Star Tours
- FP 5:10- 6:10 TSM
- FP 6:35 - 7:35 TOT
- Want to do Fantasmic this night

Tues
- 8am HS, TSM x2, RRRR
- 10am -Epcot
- 11:10 - 12:10 Spaceship Earth
- 12:20 - 1:20 Nemo
- 1:20- 2:20 Soarin
- Undecided Down Time as of right now

Wed
- 7am AK, EE x 2or 3, Dino, Safari, figure should be done by 9:30, have a 1:30 Yak & Yeti ADR so with 4 hours to kill, Nemo, FOLK & Flights of wonder are on the too do list:thumbsup2
- 1:30 Yak & Yeti
- MK
- FP 3:05 - 4:05 Space Mountain
- FP 4:15-5:15 7DMT
- FP 5:15- 6:15 Haunted Mansion
- Free Time

Thurs

- 7am MK, BTMR x2, POTC, JC
- 9am Epcot RD, TT x 2, Mission Space
- 10:30 HS
- FP 10:30-!!30 Star Tours
- FP 11:45-12:45 TOT
- FP 12:55 - 1:55 RRRR
- Nothing Planned as of yet after 1:30

Fri

- 7am MK, Under The Sea, Peter Pan, HM
- 9am Epcot, TTx2 (this is my son's favorite ride:cool1:
-11am MK
- FP 11:10-12:10 Anna & Elsa M&G
- FP 12:20 - 1:20 7DMT
- FP 1:30 - 2:30 BTMR
- 6pm ADR Shula's
- Epcot

Sat
- 8am AK, EEx2, Dino, Safari
- 12noon MK
- FP 12-1 Haunted Mansion
- FP 1:05- 2:05 Space Mountain
- FP 2:15- 3:15 BTMR
- 6pm get ready for Magical Express to airport

Still a ton of planning to be done, lot's of time slots left to fill, but already too much planned for most guests:rotfl2: Going Extreme Commando:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Ron, it sounds like you've got a good solid plan, that doesn't sound like Extreme Commando to me. You've got it set up where you will accomplish far more than most people who just show up and have no clue as to what they are doing. Here's hoping you have a wonderful trip!

Trish

Ron, it sounds like you've got a good solid plan, that doesn't sound like Extreme Commando to me. You've got it set up where you will accomplish far more than most people who just show up and have no clue as to what they are doing. Here's hoping you have a wonderful trip!

Since this week is in the top 5 busiest weeks at WDW, I feel I have it wrapped up with most days being in 3 parks, some days will be 3parks by noon with DTD in play, still have some tweaking to do, but trying to avoid the busy time in the parks 12 -6 by maximizing morning & late night. The rest of the day is perfect for DTD, Flower & Garden Festival or even nap time:rolleyes1, plus still have to figure out best time for Richard Petty race track, going to let my son do the ride along before they close for good:car:. If things go as planed we will be riding the must do rides between 5- 10 times without waiting and most others 2 or 3 times as quickiespirate:

Me, don't forget to meet me!

Wouldn't miss it for the World, oh wait we will be at the World, so that is a definite:thumbsup2, Rachel was glad to hear you guys were going to be there:banana: Good Times:dancer:

Not much going on in the Disney news:confused3, a few things that might be of interest

- HS is to get a name change
- Starting March 31st PORFQ will have Fat Tuesday's from 5-9pm
- Rumor of Breakfast at BOG starting March 20th:confused3

For our trip a few things are added for sure
- Meet up with Randall & Jodi after we arrive
- The kids will be going on The Pirate's adventure, while the adults have a Cabana at GF:thumbsup2
- Behind The Seeds Tour booked
- Kids will be going on The Richard Petty Drive along:car:
- Have all parades and fireworks covered
- I have all rides & shows covered (7am-10am) are the most critical times to get things done:magnify: (MH 7am then off to Epcot 9am RD almost everyday, as long as things go as planned we will have at least 3-4 mid afternoon hours for whatever:worship:

Sorry I haven't been on lately, been doing a lot of home projects (trying to get them done before our trip in June)

So how did we make out on our Easter trip:confused3, well I do have to say it was really crowded (a little more then I would have liked:eek:), but we did get everything done except for 1 ride, this leads me to my 2 fails:faint:, 1 was EE was closed when we got in during the morning EMH and were told it might be 2hrs before it opened, when it finally opened the line was 90min (we had to pass on that). The 2nd fail was at Epcot, opened 9am we got to TT at 9:07 line was already up to where the Jamminators perform said 70min, so we left. We were not going to let it happen the next day we were 1st on the line we were in to get into the park and headed to TT with no wait, when we got off the line was huge again:eek:, the whole design a car thing takes too much time:confused3. Just goes to show timing is everything and 5 minutes can drastically change a ride wait time:scratchin.

Even with the crowd we managed to get everything done each day and I was able to grant around 4hrs each day for down time (during the busiest time 1-5) The MK was open to 1am each day, it seemed like once it hit 11pm it emptied out quite fast:goodvibes more rides for us:jumping1:

I have been getting from coworkers, you guys go all the time isn't the same each time, I have to tell them it certainly is not:confused3, this time it was Easter, we did a few extra's like
pirate's Adventure, Behind The Seeds Tour, Richard Petty Drive Along etc.
- June we have Star Wars Weekends, have Feel The Force Package booked
- July we are staying in the Pirate room at CBR and my son will be going on the Pirates Adventure leaving from there, and of course the whole Frozen thing at HS
- Sept or Oct (trying for Halloween weekend) MNSSHP & Food & Wine Festival
- Dec MVMCP and all the Awesome lights and decorations in the parks and on property

Basically it doesn't matter when you go, you can always find something different to plan to have a new adventure:thumbsup2

Sorry I haven't been on lately, been doing a lot of home projects (trying to get them done before our trip in June)

So how did we make out on our Easter trip:confused3, well I do have to say it was really crowded (a little more then I would have liked:eek:), but we did get everything done except for 1 ride, this leads me to my 2 fails:faint:, 1 was EE was closed when we got in during the morning EMH and were told it might be 2hrs before it opened, when it finally opened the line was 90min (we had to pass on that). The 2nd fail was at Epcot, opened 9am we got to TT at 9:07 line was already up to where the Jamminators perform said 70min, so we left. We were not going to let it happen the next day we were 1st on the line we were in to get into the park and headed to TT with no wait, when we got off the line was huge again:eek:, the whole design a car thing takes too much time:confused3. Just goes to show timing is everything and 5 minutes can drastically change a ride wait time:scratchin.

Even with the crowd we managed to get everything done each day and I was able to grant around 4hrs each day for down time (during the busiest time 1-5) The MK was open to 1am each day, it seemed like once it hit 11pm it emptied out quite fast:goodvibes more rides for us:jumping1:

Basically it doesn't matter when you go, you can always find something different to plan to have a new adventure:thumbsup2

Agree with you on Test Track. When we get those lines, we usually just do single rider. We don't get same car, but we get to stand together for most and talk about it after the ride. Sometimes we will get lucky with two in the same car with a family of four.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter