Water

klfay80

Mouseketeer
I have a question about water bottles. Can you bring them in the parks. I heard that they give free water in the parks is that true

We always bring water bottles into the parks. You can get cups of ice water for free at just about every QS location.

The problem that I find with Disney World water is that it tastes absolutely disgusting. You can get a cup of ice for free, but then you have to fill it at a water fountain and it's just plain yucky. I've heard that Brita filter water bottles help with that, though.

I have a question about water bottles. Can you bring them in the parks. I heard that they give free water in the parks is that true

Yes you can bring your own water bottles into the parks.

Yes you can get free cups of ice water at the counter service spots.

Yes the water tastes like sulfur sometimes, depending on which place you go to.

While I don't carry a water bottle around with me, I've heard that they will fill your own water bottle up with water for you...can't confirm that though.

The water In the soda machines is filtered. We bring Contigo Thermal mugs, fill with ice And water at the Food court And Ask for water In the parks. when We are at restaurant table, We empty our glass In the mug. In lobby of restaurants They give often water, You can fill your mug.

The problem that I find with Disney World water is that it tastes absolutely disgusting. You can get a cup of ice for free, but then you have to fill it at a water fountain and it's just plain yucky. I've heard that Brita filter water bottles help with that, though.
Yes you are correct. The water tastes awful
But, you are half right on the other. You can get free cups of ICE WATER, not just ICE. This water is filtered, through the coke machine, so doesn't taste like FL tap water
You are also correct in that the filtered water bottles make the tap water drinkable.

We bring a bottle, ask QS for water, and add powered gatorade. It changes the taste of the water and replaces electrolytes that are loss while sweating in the Florida heat. I buy Gatorade powder in a large container and then make snack bag size single servings for use in the parks.

That is a fantastic idea!

Free water, with or without ice, is given at all QS locations. Also keep in mind that you can fill up your personal containers with water at
Epcot: Electric Umbrella and Sunshine Seasons at The Land pavilion
DHS: Backlot Express
AK: Restaurantosaurus
There's no direct access to soda fountains anywhere at MK
The water from all these places is filtered
If you are eating at a table service you can ask for a cup of water to go

The Brita filters help tremendously. I had a had time brushing my teeth with the water but no problem drinking it filtered. We would fill the bottles with ice and water in the morning then refill from QS cups as needed

Free water, with or without ice, is given at all QS locations. Also keep in mind that you can fill up your personal containers with water at
Epcot: Electric Umbrella and Sunshine Seasons at The Land pavilion
DHS: Backlot Express
AK: Restaurantosaurus
There's no direct access to soda fountains anywhere at MK
The water from all these places is filtered
If you are eating at a table service you can ask for a cup of water to go
There is one at BOG. Of course, that is only if you have an ADR

Man, I don't think the Florida water is that bad. You guys should try the water in Anaheim! It smells like sewer gas when you turn on the tap.

We take a CamelBack water bottle into the parks every time we go and just fill it where ever we need.The water around here (unfiltered) is awful. Our CamelBack has the filter built into it so it tastes fine. We also take advantage of the free ice and use that to fill the bottle with ice before filling it with water.

When did not live here we did the same thing though we kept track of how many times we filled it compared to the $3.00 water prices. We filled it on average five times a day or $15 per day. On a week long trip, 7 days, that was over $100 savings. Yeah it's not much. But in the long run, it's a pile as we go every week at least two days to parks.

We figure a savings around $1,500 per year just by getting this CamelBack water bottle with filter.

Does every place give free ice
Yes, ice and water. It's harder to get at TS since you need to have an ADR but if you are there eating you can get it to go.
All the QS places will give it to you.
And many of the TS places have jugs of water out for you to get drinks while waiting. Some are outside and anyone can get the water, though I never feel comfortable when I'm not eating there, even though it's outside

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter